Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cairo airport lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by NoY
I was very pleasently surprised at how modern and comfortable the MS *A lounges were on a recent trip. Good wi-fi, nice seating, TVs, cold drinks, decent coffe machine and nice cakes/snacks etc. Much better than others I could mention.....all good ^
I second that! was there a month ago, and VERY positively surprised. this is a massive improvement over the so-called lounge they had before. I mentioned it to the very friendly lounge supervisor who walked around and greeted every guest. She said the old lounge was so bad and it made her ill to have to work there and have to face the embarrassment...
Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:38 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Does it suggest it was there once but not any more?

Or that it is there but Rambuster could not find it?
I have never been to Cairo but the way I read this is that the first of the T3 lounges has a C and F section and all subsequent lounges might be C only.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 9700: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.0.18832/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

How early can I check in at cairo? My bags only got checked to cairo. MS wouldn't check it to fra
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by jason8612
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 9700: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.0.18832/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

How early can I check in at cairo? My bags only got checked to cairo. MS wouldn't check it to fra
The wonders of Star Alliance and smooth travelling ....
Probably you need to go landside (you have to buy the visa on arrival), collect your bags, go to the checkin and then back airside.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The wonders of Star Alliance and smooth travelling ....
Probably you need to go landside (you have to buy the visa on arrival), collect your bags, go to the checkin and then back airside.
Yup
I already had a visa stamp, so no need for a visa (but i have a spare just in case at all times). Sitting in a grill waiting as the checkin doesnt open till 3hrs before checkin. I asked at the LH ticket desk, and not even for F (which is where BA is better. As a gold or F you can check in anytime during the day. So I would usually swing in after I checkout of my airport hotel, check in and head into town for a few hrs)

Ill eat my share of caviar on the plane, though
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:05 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
My bags only got checked to cairo. MS wouldn't check it to fra
this is really weird, got my bags checked in all the way to VIE (via BKK/CAI) in REP by Bangkok Airways on Saturday, and MS actually brought the bags to VIE no problems at all
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Thats what I thought, but the checkin agent would not give me a valid reason why, just that he could not
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thats what I thought, but the checkin agent would not give me a valid reason why, just that he could not
You could have tried to insist on a manual tag for your bag unsing a good old pen! I'd love to hear the excuse why that shouldn't be possible !
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:19 am

Almeisan Lounge in T3

This lounge is used by Lufthansa, Swiss and other Star Alliance Carriers. Here are some pictures that I took 2 wweks ago:

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...2008b3dd43eb8c
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Cairo Airport Transit - 5 hour layover

I'm flying in on MS and out on LH and have a 5 hour layover. Been reading here that the *A lounges are not that great. Wondering if there is enough to entertain myself before my flight. It will be in the early hours of the morning. Midnight until 5am. Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewbert
I'm flying in on MS and out on LH and have a 5 hour layover. Been reading here that the *A lounges are not that great. Wondering if there is enough to entertain myself before my flight. It will be in the early hours of the morning. Midnight until 5am. Thanks
Nothing really to do at the airport. I'm not even 100% sure if the lounges will be open at that time
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:55 pm

I would say that at least 1 lounge should be open as MS have their first flights already at 0340 (and the latest leaven shortly after midnight.).

ET have a 0230 departure and since they are *A (IIRC), some lounge should be open...

and don't worry, I don t think the lounges are that bad. I'd say a normal quality lounge with standard amenities minus alcohol.

If you really want to drink, maybe you can sneak-drink some dutyfree stuff, but I think CAI does a final security at gate, so you could not bring open (unfinished ) bottles with you...
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:26 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by another_shot
No food, some snacks, soft drinks, no alcohol...
Whoa, no booze?

I take it no sheesha pipe either in any of the lounges?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:22 am

haha, no shisha noted so far, but at least some lounges have smoke area

NB: also no booze on board on MS!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sebastian746
I would say that at least 1 lounge should be open as MS have their first flights already at 0340 (and the latest leaven shortly after midnight.).

ET have a 0230 departure and since they are *A (IIRC), some lounge should be open...

and don't worry, I don t think the lounges are that bad. I'd say a normal quality lounge with standard amenities minus alcohol.

If you really want to drink, maybe you can sneak-drink some dutyfree stuff, but I think CAI does a final security at gate, so you could not bring open (unfinished ) bottles with you...
You can buy duty free airside and take the sealed bag onboard. There you can then polish off your duty free !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.