Wiki Posts
Search

New Business class on B748i

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M
New Business class on B748i

At the end of 2011 LH should be launching a new C class on B748i, so I wanted to start a thread about what Flyer Talk community expects from LH regarding a new C class product.
We all know the new seat will be fully flat and design freeze has been done already and goes into prototype testing phase on one B744 this fall on TATL flights.
I think LH should also overhaul its soft products in terms of introducing compartment style of service with more individual care as oppose to current "one size fits all", where each FA would be in charge of a ceretain number of pax who would be adressed by name and where service would be taylored to their individual needs. (a la SQ)
LH already tested that kind of service, that was suppose to be introduced together with Rosenthal tableware, but decided against it because it would take more FA due to complexity of such service.
However, the introduction of new C class hard product on B748i presents a perfect opportunity for Lufthansa to introduce such service as the number of C class seats will decrease and if LH keeps the same crew complement as oppose to decreasing it, such service is doable.

Anyone having participated in workshops for a new C class is also very welcome to share its knowing!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by LHPII
service would be taylored to their individual needs. (a la SQ)
That s funny.......First time I hear that SQ cares about individual needs......
S
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by LHPII
We all know the new seat will be fully flat ...
Really? Do we know that for sure? I just remember many people "knowing" that the A380 will get the current seat using its capability to go fully flat.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by German-FLyer
Really? Do we know that for sure? I just remember many people "knowing" that the A380 will get the current seat using its capability to go fully flat.
as far as i remember this was always only an assumption! i don't recall someone here posting that the seat WILL BE flat...
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by German-FLyer
...Ok not to discuss much about weather it will be or not, I guarantee you it will be and I said right from the beginning that fully flat seats comes only on B748i
Old Jun 14, 2010, 1:42 am

Programs: black is magic
FlyNet and Power Outlets that have enough power for modern notebooks. Water bottles and a decent amenity kit would be nice to have.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
More personalized service would be nice, at least before takeoff, to give the passenger a nice first impression.

Generally I think these factors could be improved and get attention right after the seat:
- Good food: I don't mean fancy, just consistently good every time vs. hit and miss
- Decent amenity kit: Stop "enhancing" it to the point where it's like the Y kit in other European airlines.

I did not mention IFE, since I assume it'll be the same as on the A380.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:46 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by sentom
as far as i remember this was always only an assumption! i don't recall someone here posting that the seat WILL BE flat...
I did post this. LH had planned to have a fully flat C seat on the A380 and had announced this including pictures in a presentation I attended which also showed the final pictures of the new F. But sometime during last year they must have changed their mind and went for the sloped, high density spacing instead.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
OMG! The "new Business Class" reloaded! We will have tons of threads, where to find the new seats. The transition will take some years, there will be millions of disappointed frequent flyers that have to endure the "old" Bunsiness Class.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
OK, since this is a wishlist, I will say it:

No middle seats, please!
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I'd like a herringbone layout with fully flat seats. I like Virgin / NZ stlye seats or the CX seats. The later do however need some getting used to.
In terms of food I'd appreciate if we could have the salad back which was enhanced away some months ago.
More selection on AVOD would be great. (just copy the SQ Krisworld system or the CX Studio or EK ICE, etc,etc)

I can also state that senior LH management confirmed to me that the A380 was supposed to have fully flat C seats initially. I guess at some point in time in the last 12 months this decision was killed.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
After looking at LH new first class seat, I have a guts feeling that the new LH business class will be very much simillar to what LX new business class seat concept wise
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1P, BA Silver
How do you guys even know LH is getting a B748? I thought they are getting more A380s and done with ordering big Boeings.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by kan148
How do you guys even know LH is getting a B748? I thought they are getting more A380s and done with ordering big Boeings.
http://www.newairplane.com/747/whos_flying/#/DLH

Last edited by nomad1974; Jun 14, 2010 at 11:02 am Reason: More complete URL
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Salt and pepper!
And fish that's not pikeperch, please.

The current amenity kit is a disgrace and total waste. I just use the toothbrush and toothpaste and leave the rest behind. Why not let pax pick what they want from a basket (a la NH?) or leave the supply in the washroom?

I'd be happy with the LX style seats and layout especially the single window seats. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.