Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH claims that date changes to RTW ticket can only be made by travel agency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH claims that date changes to RTW ticket can only be made by travel agency

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:22 pm

sorry, you lost me here...

i have done some 30 RTWs and once i started, i never had any problems changing dates ( changing routes i had plenty, however), some (few)times i did not even call anybody at all and just made a reservation for the next flight once i knew when i would need it, sometimes not even on the same carrier.
t&c clearly say that the ticket is good on any *A carrier, bookingclass i.e. "A" is flexible; maybe i don't get the OP's issue or i got extremely lucky a couple of times...
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by htb
Isn't it rather that they claim that only the airline operating the first segment is allowed to ticket the RTW? Without any LH flights to Australia (are there any?)... makes me wonder why they still have a presence there...

HTB.
Has nothing to do with first segment. In fact many RTWs I do have LH as the first segment as they are ex Germany. They complain because there are no long haul LH flights in the booking.

And you are right, LH doesn't fly to Austalia, the only European airlines still to fly here are BA and Virgin Atlantic (and maybe Air Austral if you push the definition of Europe).
In terms of Market however, Australia is still quite significant for LH and they have the most amazing business fares ex Australia. LH also operates a big call centre near Melbourne which is doing work for the local market, Germany, US as well as all of the Japanese Service.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:36 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
No, this is due to me not having enough LH flights in the booking and LH Australia not liking it.
OK, so maybe the POS (Australia) made a difference. I never had any issues getting ex ICN/NRT/BKK RTWs ticketed through Kassel even if there were only one or two LH short haul flights (somewhere in the middle of the itinerary) part of the RTW.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:44 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by zara
OK, so maybe the POS (Australia) made a difference. I never had any issues getting ex ICN/NRT/BKK RTWs ticketed through Kassel even if there were only one or two LH short haul flights (somewhere in the middle of the itinerary) part of the RTW.
Correct, this is an LH Australia thing and not LH in general.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:23 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't believe they would agree to issue an RTW with no overwater segments on them-- I would never have the chutzpah to even ask them to!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by Ari
I think you have to fly your first LH segment-- not just your first segment for them to change it (unless it is a 220 ticket in which case the first segment should do the trick).
That's not correct.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
I can't believe they would agree to issue an RTW with no overwater segments on them-- I would never have the chutzpah to even ask them to!
well since you could choose any of your participating carriers to issue your ticket in the old offline milage calculator, and your itinerary automatically got send to kassel in case of choosing LH, i don't see where the actual problem is with "asking" them...
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by 8420PR
The SEN line is right! The TA owns the booking until the first segment has been flown, and should make all changes. That is what you pay them for afterall!

I don't know if the SEN line would have put some comments into your booking saying that you have been informed, so that playing the "stupid" customer at the airport may not work.
Is this anywhere in published rules? As a customer, I think that if I buy an RTW ticket on LH stock and all but 1 flight are on LH, I should be able to make changes through LH.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:38 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ari
Even in this case its not that bad for LH. They can put their fuel surcharges on everything and they get cash upfront and can work with this before they have to distribute it to other carriers. So even with no LH segment at all it shouldn't be too bad for LH to issue.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Ari
I did not have the chutzpah, it was die *A-planning tool It offered LH among other carriers to send the itin to.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:46 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sentom
well since you could choose any of your participating carriers to issue your ticket in the old offline milage calculator, and your itinerary automatically got send to kassel in case of choosing LH, i don't see where the actual problem is with "asking" them...
I did not have the chutzpah, it was die *A-planning tool It offered LH among other carriers to send the itin to.
Excellent point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.