Wiki Posts
Search

Todays A380 Flight ex FRA [LH2010 FRA-JNB 06JUN]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by azmmza
I wonder how they chose who got F and who got C

btw what is shakira doing on this plane?
I heard that the team was in C.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:42 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Originally Posted by MariaSF
I heard that the team was in C.
They could not possibly put the whole football team in F.

I wonder who got to do the flight in the Big Seats aside from "Shakira".

Was Dear Wolfgang on the flight?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:01 am

I would bet Jogi or the Kaiser got a seat in F.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:05 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CDG1
They could not possibly put the whole football team in F.

Was Dear Wolfgang on the flight?
They could take turns to sit in F, but FAs don't allow that, right?

As for which VIPs were there, maybe you can identify some faces here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxpHiWqeZsw
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:51 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Apart from the team no celebrities in the video.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
I did not know Shakira either. I looked her up on Youtube out of curiosity.

Shakira is just a failed Madonna clone.
I guess they just take whatever sells.

LH can keep her.

With more than 50 million records sold columbian artist Shakira can not be put in the failed clone category, I am very sorry.

In fact it is quite a PR coup for Lufthansa to have her, the performer of the official world championship song, who also is performing at the opening ceremony flying in for the show on board the plane.

All Lufthansa cares for is having her with parts of the plane, the company logo and preferably all three in as much media as possible. Judging from what I can see in Tel Aviv: Mindboggling success.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:56 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
For what it's worth (which may not be much) the seat map only showed two occupied F seats (the front pair).
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by mamb0
With more than 50 million records sold columbian artist Shakira can not be put in the failed clone category, I am very sorry.

In fact it is quite a PR coup for Lufthansa to have her, the performer of the official world championship song, who also is performing at the opening ceremony flying in for the show on board the plane.

All Lufthansa cares for is having her with parts of the plane, the company logo and preferably all three in as much media as possible. Judging from what I can see in Tel Aviv: Mindboggling success.
The fact that she's sold 50 million records doesnt automatically mean she's any good. I followed CDG1's youtube link and thought she was awful as well .Each to his own though.

Last edited by handsomestpete; Jun 7, 2010 at 8:29 am
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by mamb0

excellent point and this is her second official song for a FIFA World Cup, the first one was for Germany 2006. LH knew exactly what they were doing.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:51 am
mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
The whole flight was a massive P.R. stunt for LH in German media. What a smart way to "introduce" the A380. It made the news on TV, in all papers. It seems LH is still seen as part of "German society" or state in fact. I wonder if AB would have gotten the same amount of reach out of this.
Well done, in any case.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:10 am

Flight LH2010 was on the display of the FCT. So - even though tickets were not for sale - either some of the eight FC guests must have started from there (doubtful), or there have been HONs on board. Not me, unfortunately.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
A private flight only.

No seats were auctioned off for this inaugural flight or sold to the general public.

This is a "guests only" flight accessible only to those "in the know". I tried to book myself but there was nothing accessible to us normal flyers.

I am not even sure if LH employees could get access to this special flight. Maybe the CEO and CFO and their families are on board enjoying the big seats but I am not sure about others.

I wish LH would have auctioned it off like SQ and AF did for their inaugurals with proceeds going to charities.

Wrong move Lufthansa.

I don't get this. What is so important to be on a first flight or a second or a third?

But even more, why should an airline sell first hand and give the money to charities afterwards. If you feel you should give something to charities you are free to do so on your own.

LH is an airline and they hat to fly the German soccer team to JNB anyway. They got the perfect moment in time to do this with the new A380, which starts regular service later this week.

The managers of the year are crazy in many aspects, but they are not so crazy, that they miss this opportunity after all the delays, i.e. advertisement at its best.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
I'm with attorney28 here. When she gets tired sitting on his lap she can try mine. She shakes that booty damn fine... ^
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by andre1970
I'm with attorney28 here. When she gets tired sitting on his lap she can try mine. She shakes that booty damn fine... ^
not to put this thread totally off topic, but I cannot resist to tell this story. When she is doing television performances, she contractually ensures that someone from her team has approval over the camera shots taken from her.
That is not the bizarre part. The bizarre part is, that the guy doing this for her comes to the master control room, sits next to the director and the vision mixer and tells them how her butt needs to be filmed.
I kidd you not.
His mission is not to have it not shown, his mission is to have it shown at the right time in the right perspective and close enough.
He introduces himself as "Shakira's assman".

So I guess, you have to talk to him regarding your booty session.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:16 pm

My guess is that F will be filled with some sleazy corrupt FIFA fat cats.

Shakira would be better placed in C with the team, these FIFA executives are not a good company for her. She is a serious business woman. Wether you like her or Tina, chaqu'un à son goût

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.