FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa's 3 first class lounges in FRA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1089897-lufthansas-3-first-class-lounges-fra.html)

propensityscore May 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Lufthansa's 3 first class lounges in FRA

Hi there,

I'll be traveling through Frankfurt on a first class ticket (Lufthansa) next month, from FRA to Washington. I was in one of their FRA first class lounges last year (a great experience) but I just noticed that they have one other first class lounge in FRA as well as a first class terminal. I've had a look on the LH website and not much seems to be mentioned re: the differences between each lounge and the first class terminal (location excepted). Does anyone have any clues as to the differences and pros/cons of accessing one or the others? I'll have ~7 hours at the airport to spend in one of these lounges so any advice would be appreciated as to how to maximize the experience.

Cheers,
PS

Jet2K May 27, 2010 4:22 pm

You can visit all the First Class lounges but should spend most of your time in the FCT (First Class Terminal). We were at the FCT a few times and thinks that it is hands-down the best choice, here is a photo report on our AirlineExpert.com site:

http://AirlineExpert.com/_LH_Lounge_FRA_FCT_p1.html

jarusoba May 27, 2010 4:22 pm

You can find detailed discussions on this very topic in the LH forum.

RCyyz May 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I believe that the Tower Lounge is the newest of the F lounges. During the day it has a great view of the terminals and part of the apron. At night it's a bit hard to see out the windows though.

pilotboy1985YYC May 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Not to sound rude, but you have a ticket booked with LH, and you'll be in an airport in germany and you're question pertains to an LH Lounge...why in earth would you post this in the air canada forum?

I'd suggest checking the LH forum, they'll know the answer. :)

Yukonprince May 28, 2010 2:59 am

FCT hands down!!!!

The restaurant food and service are AWESOME!!!!

Plus the limo ride directly to the plane is pretty good too!

yyzgigi May 28, 2010 4:00 am

FCT is the best, but only an option if you are departing on LH metal out of FRA. If you are flying any other airline you cannot use the FCT as they cannot get you to the plane.

NewbieRunner May 28, 2010 4:26 am

Originally Posted by RCyyz (Post 14035452)
I believe that the Tower Lounge is the newest of the F lounges. During the day it has a great view of the terminals and part of the apron. At night it's a bit hard to see out the windows though.

The Tower Lounge is not a First Class lounge but only a Business lounge. ;)

SleepOverGreenland May 28, 2010 4:30 am

More details can be found in the Maximizer Thread
:rolleyes:

SleepOverGreenland May 28, 2010 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Jet2K (Post 14034683)
You can visit all the First Class lounges but should spend most of your time in the FCT (First Class Terminal). We were at the FCT a few times and thinks that it is hands-down the best choice

This is of course a good advice, since FCL A and FCL B are so terribly bad compared to the FCT. I always wonder myself, why most people always say, that all three lounges offer the same. Those people do not understand the importance of the limo/van ride to the aircraft. I mean, FCL B does the limo/van service as well, but just for Non-Schengen and non-B departures. So after all in no way comparable to the hands-down best choice FCT. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rambuster May 28, 2010 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Jet2K (Post 14034683)
You can visit all the First Class lounges but should spend most of your time in the FCT (First Class Terminal). We were at the FCT a few times and thinks that it is hands-down the best choice, here is a photo report on our AirlineExpert.com site:

http://AirlineExpert.com/_LH_Lounge_FRA_FCT_p1.html

Originally Posted by Yukonprince (Post 14036803)
FCT hands down!!!!

The restaurant food and service are AWESOME!!!!

Plus the limo ride directly to the plane is pretty good too!

erm, the FCT, FCL B and FCL A are basically all the same!
FCL B also offers limo rides as posted by SoG.

NewbieRunner May 28, 2010 6:36 am

Originally Posted by propensityscore (Post 14034618)
I'll be traveling through Frankfurt on a first class ticket (Lufthansa) next month, from FRA to Washington.

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 14037039)
erm, the FCT, FCL B and FCL A are basically all the same!
FCL B also offers limo rides as posted by SoG.

Depending on where the OP is arriving from it may be easier to go to the FCT rather than the FCL B. Unless coming from a Schengen country and arriving in B (seems unlikely) the OP will have to go through security to get to the B departure area where the FCL B is located and go through another security on leaving the lounge (for US-bound flights). If the OP goes to the FCT there's only one security check on entering the terminal and AFAIK no further check on leaving.

propensityscore May 28, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks for your responses, everyone. I really appreciate your advice.

Also, with all due respect, pilotboy, I'm primarily an Air Canada passenger and booked the flights using my AP points, and prior to posting this I actually did try to find some information within a LH forum but couldn't. I apologize.

PS

Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC (Post 14035858)
Not to sound rude, but you have a ticket booked with LH, and you'll be in an airport in germany and you're question pertains to an LH Lounge...why in earth would you post this in the air canada forum?

I'd suggest checking the LH forum, they'll know the answer. :)

NewbieRunner May 28, 2010 7:16 am

Also a good site to check (surprisingly!):

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/First...20at%20the%20a

seat 1a May 28, 2010 11:15 am

7 Hours . No lounge is good enough for that amount of time , especially not FCT as you will be confined to that area.