Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finished the HON LHPJ run.. an AMAZING experiece

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2010, 2:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mamb0
Do they still exist? I am on MUC-ZRH-AMS, stoping over for 4 days on the RT in ZRH now and we payed 1200E in total.
Business Savers ex-UK no longer exist but I paid approx. €510 for MAN-ZRH-VIE a few weeks ago to join a couple of PJ runs ex-VIE. The same ticket could have been bought for €310 before Business Saver fares were withdrawn in early February.

p.s. LHR-MXP Z fare currently starts at 119.23 GBP one-way. The cheapest Z fare MXP-LHR one-way is €133.74 ai. Not bad for 5000 miles.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm
Old May 30, 2010, 4:42 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Business Savers ex-UK no longer exist but I paid approx. €510 for MAN-ZRH-VIE a few weeks ago to join a couple of PJ runs ex-VIE. The same ticket could have been bought for €310 before Business Saver fares were withdrawn in early February.
I guess LX will take this as a good sign that people who were paying EUR310 before are now paying EUR510.
Old May 30, 2010, 5:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Talking

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I guess LX will take this as a good sign that people who were paying EUR310 before are now paying EUR510.
But wait for it! A return to ZRH for the last two PJ runs next weekend costs €526, i.e. more than the fare to VIE via ZRH.

Boring explanation since this thread is about LHPJ:

I don't normally fly intra-Europe in C, but wanted to ensure that my last PJ flight will catapult me over the magic number. MAN-ZRH-VIE in LX J was only about 100 GBP more than MAN-XXX-VIE in LH Y that I might have booked! For next weekend I wanted flexibility so I have a better chance of getting to the start in case the ash cloud returned, hence Business Flex fare. Why not Economy Flex? Because the latter actually costs more!
Old May 30, 2010, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I think the price increase of the LX Business Savers has reduced the number of pax significantly. In the last couple of months there were usually only a couple of C pax on my usual routes.
Old May 30, 2010, 6:40 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
MAN-ZRH-VIE in LX J was only about 100 GBP more than MAN-XXX-VIE in LH Y that I might have booked!
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I think the price increase of the LX Business Savers has reduced the number of pax significantly. In the last couple of months there were usually only a couple of C pax on my usual routes.
Ex-OSL the price increase has been about 10%, so Business Savers are still good value here, especially now, since LH Y summer prices are about the same as LX J
Old May 31, 2010, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Meilensammler
just finished my first day of flying; here are my trip-reports with pictures:

http://www.vielfliegerforum.de/viewt...hp?f=5&t=25127
the next day (many more pictures):

Munich-Salzburg:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...1d9820ab25fe48

Salzburg-Munich:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...a748ff2f191589

Munich-Linz:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...ccc67a1696bd7a

Linz-Munich:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...65c847d584ad2b

more to come...
Old May 31, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Last year I was using LX Business Saver a lot. This year, I haven't done a single flight on LX. The stop-over in ZRH was price wise not attractive in the cases I could have booked it. Or the Business Saver was just not available. So LX lost 100% of my business this year.
Old May 31, 2010, 1:13 pm

the next day (many more pictures):
I'm impressed by the amount of champagne especially on the last leg. ^
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:02 am

The last day:

Munich - Linate:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...0b285c7327805e

Linate - Munich:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...9ce59ef9523a41

Munich - Zurich:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...4412fcc6093740

Zurich - Munich:
http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...e61d9135b098e5

Another good deal on LHPJ might come up soon....
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Another good deal on LHPJ might come up soon....
Can you elaborate, please?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

I am sorry to report that the PROMISED LHPJ hon runs miles have not get posted for all of us on a MAY23, May 24 trip.. We have called.. but still no miles.. Very frustrating.... I am just wonderin if LHPJ was prepared for all of this
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by RTW4
I am sorry to report that the PROMISED LHPJ hon runs miles have not get posted for all of us on a MAY23, May 24 trip.. We have called.. but still no miles.. Very frustrating.... I am just wonderin if LHPJ was prepared for all of this
Same here for flights that were a week earlier (3 out of 4). They were apologetic, said that all the miles for this promo have to be credited by hand and that this is why it takes longer and said that after the promo is over (today), the miles should post very soon.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 1:32 am

The last day of the current promo and a couple more PJ runs for some FTers today. Please keep any thunderstorms away from ZRH, KLU and MUC for at least the next 30 hours!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Well, I am extremely patient.. but still no miles for 50% of flights taken on LHPJ.. Anyone have all their miles plus bonus miles post correctly yet? Thanks...
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW4
Well, I am extremely patient.. but still no miles for 50% of flights taken on LHPJ.. Anyone have all their miles plus bonus miles post correctly yet? Thanks...
If you had 2 R/Ts per day, you have to write to them for the second one to post. I think they show up as duplicates in the M&M system, since it's the same flight number.

I wrote an e-mail from within M&M website's contact form, listed all my booking refs and told them that only 1R/T credited per day. Within a couple of days they posted.

Other guys from my group waited longer, but in the end they had to write, and flight credited quickly after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.