Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MM Codeshare accrual class table (very incomplete)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:12 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by -Heathcliff-
Not that it should matter, but where was this ticket bought (i.e. Swiss phone booking, LH.com, travel agent, ...), and on whose stock was it issued? Was she flying on LH code shares?
The ticket was booked via a travel agent and the etix was issued on 724 stock. Both flights were LX op by LH.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
LX operated by JP: V stayed V fare class.
And for the record: LX operated by TG, V class also stayed V class.

(Which is IMHO ridiculous since LX V is in a completeley different price range as TG V. But there is another thread, started by me, about that...)
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
For the record - LH U became OU B on FRA-DBV segment
Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the comments. I have updated the table, however at this point I am worried a number of mappings may be incorrect as LH/LX/OS changed their fare structure to align with Atlantic PlusPlus. Please keep posting your experiences so that we can fill more blanks and correct the mappings, where needed.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
LH to SQ fare type translation help

I have a few LH-ticketed flights (220 tickets, LH flight numbers) on SQ metal (FRA-SIN-BNE) that booked into H and Q fare classes in economy. Does anyone know how these translate into the SQ system in terms of mileage accrual into the United MP program? It's a bit confusing trying to figure this out, since I don't think LH's fare type structure translates into SQ's directly (for example S, W, K and L fares earn miles on SQ but Q doesn't).
Any experiential evidence is highly appreciated. Thanks!
JG
Old Oct 17, 2011, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jumpingenes
I have a few LH-ticketed flights (220 tickets, LH flight numbers) on SQ metal (FRA-SIN-BNE) that booked into H and Q fare classes in economy. Does anyone know how these translate into the SQ system in terms of mileage accrual into the United MP program? It's a bit confusing trying to figure this out, since I don't think LH's fare type structure translates into SQ's directly (for example S, W, K and L fares earn miles on SQ but Q doesn't).
Any experiential evidence is highly appreciated. Thanks!
JG
Why start a new thread when this one already exists here on the first page of the forum? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ncomplete.html
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Why start a new thread when this one already exists here on the first page of the forum? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ncomplete.html
How very kind of you to point me to the right place since the search did not return the right page! Unless anyone else has a more recent data point to contribute, I'll take the referenced table as the final answer. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
SK op by LH

edit: SAS ticket booked in "W" on an intraeuropean flight operated by LH books into LH Q - earning 750 miles per segment.

Last edited by Red BP; Nov 21, 2011 at 8:19 am
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Red BP
edit: SAS ticket booked in "W" on an intraeuropean flight operated by LH books into LH Q - earning 750 miles per segment.
thanks, will include this
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:40 am

CPH-MUC: SK (codeshare) Q class translates into LH (operating) G class (750 miles + exec. bonus).
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Just an idea on how to get a complete table.

Could one not try to get booking class availability for many flights both for the operating carrier and the corresponding flights as marketing carrier?

There should be a high correlation between the availability of the marketing booking class and the mapped booking class (noting that some carriers don't show availability of more than 4 seats in a booking class). Once you have a good mix of full and empty flights, one should be able to enumerate all possibilities.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is not uncommon on codeshare agreements for the carriers to have different inventory numbers even for the same flight. I don't think that would work as well as we'd like it to.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by sbm12
It is not uncommon on codeshare agreements for the carriers to have different inventory numbers even for the same flight. I don't think that would work as well as we'd like it to.
sure? Most codeshare agreements are free-float agreements where there is a booking class mapping, with the inventory controlled by the operating carrier. Only blockspace agreements would be problematic.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:49 pm

LH op by US: LH U turns into US H (at least according to the reservations on lh.com and usairways.com).
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cas_de
LH op by US: LH U turns into US H (at least according to the reservations on lh.com and usairways.com).
Thanks - I have updated the table. Please let me know if the outcome is different than expected.

As for checking the availability. If that works, that would be great and we could be running a rather complete table quite quickly. Maybe you could take a look at a few cases to check that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.