MM Codeshare accrual class table (very incomplete)

Old Oct 12, 10, 5:43 am

Programs: M&M FTL, SK EBG
Some recent experiences:

OS op SN: book K get U (BRU-VIE)
AC op LH: book W get W (BRU-MUC) *
AC op UA: book S/V get S/V (YUL-ORD & vv) *
SK op KF: book U/K get U/K (BRU-HEL & vv) *

I've indicated on which routes observed. The * ones were credited with SAS EuroBonus, so that might end up differently with M&M, I don't know if the booking class mappings are/should be universal?
Old Oct 12, 10, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mith View Post
any clue to what LOT W class (WGREY..) will map when flying LH metal? If booking via FRA with LH connecting flight, the LH connecting flight is S, so will this result in a LH "S" fare when crediting?
Don´t have any data on that (yet). However, if you look at the table it seems that in most cases the mapping is to a class with the same earning level. So, assuming that your flight is within Europe, LOT W is likely to map to one of the 125-miles classes on LH.

Let me know what comes out in the end if you fly this
Old Oct 13, 10, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by mith View Post
any clue to what LOT W class (WGREY..) will map when flying LH metal? If booking via FRA with LH connecting flight, the LH connecting flight is S, so will this result in a LH "S" fare when crediting?
I forgot to check, but last time I flew on a cheap LO fare to FRA (LH metal both ways, but for sure it was lower then VGREY) I got it translated to S.
Old Feb 15, 11, 7:36 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A3*G, HH Gold
Got this one recently (well, it might not be relevant any more, but it can happen again with some other class):

Booked LH U class, operated by Adria Airways (JP):
"Buchungsklasse n. meilenberechtigt", 0 miles.

They didn't map the booking class, but as JP doesn't have its own U class, they simply declared it as non-eligible for mileage accrual. The whole thing was quite painful as it cost me the FTL extension. In addition, I called the hotilne in December (when I already knew that my status depends on these two filghts) and they assured me that LH U on JP metal does give full mileage credit. Also, the M&M table of the time (it has changed since) didn't list any exceptions for the U class bringing 750 miles. Do you think I have a chance if I complain somewhere (in writing or by phone?)?
Old Feb 20, 11, 6:55 am
Original Poster

I´definitely follow up with LH since U isnt one of the 50% classes. Ill take note of that in the table - pls let me know if you can resolve the issue.
Old Feb 22, 11, 4:32 am

@hmworth:

The flight was intra-European, of course (LJU-FRA). So we're talking about 750 vs. 125 vs. 0 miles.

When I phoned the M&M service line the employee me that the request was still being processed, but it is hard to say how much that means given her incompetence (first tried to tell me that JP flights are not eligible for status miles, then didn't believe me I booked in U class and I think she never understood the nature of the problem).

So which way of contacting LH would you suggest to reach somebody who at least understands the problem and possibly has the means to resolve it (i.e., convert U to some class with equivalent mileage)?
Old Mar 3, 11, 6:53 am

Update: in the meantime Adria Airways started selling its own U class with 0 miles - I even got a feeder to a transatlantic flight booked into it!

I also had no success with the complaint. Here is what I received:

Sehr geehrter Herr Ibex,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail und Ihren Brief.

Als unseren langjährigen Gast schätzen wir Sie sehr und es ist uns wichtig, Ihre Anfragen zeitnah und gründlich zu bearbeiten. Umso mehr bedauern wir, dass die Meldungen unter www.miles-and-more.com > Mein Meilenkonto > Alle Kontobewegungen betreffend Ihrer Flüge mit Adria Airways nicht Ihren Erwartungen entsprochen haben und können gut verstehen, dass Sie sich auf Ihr Schreiben eine individuelle Antwort per Post oder E-Mail gewünscht hätten.

Wir haben rund um den Globus eine Vielzahl von Kooperationen geschlossen, um Ihnen sowohl am Boden als auch in der Luft ein umfangreiches Angebot zum Sammeln und Einlösen von Meilen anbieten zu können. Hierbei sind jedoch Strukturierungen unumgänglich. So hat unter anderem jede Partner-Airline ein eigenes Servicekonzept und legt nach verschiedenen Kriterien fest, wann und in welcher Höhe eine Gutschrift erfolgt. Besteht für einen Flug zwischen zwei Miles & More Partnern eine Codeshare-Vereinbarung, werden die Meilen zudem nach den am Flugtag geltenden Konditionen der durchführenden Gesellschaft vergeben. Weiter existieren innerhalb der Economy Class verschiedene Buchungsklassen, die sich in Leistungen wie Umbuchbarkeit und Vorausbuchung sowie dem Preis unterscheiden. Die Anrechnung erfolgt immer nach der im Ticket aufgeführten Klasse.

Adria Airways hat sich dazu entschlossen, die für Ihre Flüge reservierte Klasse U auszuschließen. Die Strecken Ljubljana – Frankfurt – Ljubljana können daher leider nicht berücksichtigt werden. Eine Aktion, bei der Prämienmeilen in Statusmeilen umgewandelt werden können, gibt es aktuell nicht. Auch nach einer ausführlichen Recherche können wir Ihrem Wunsch nach einer Gutschrift und einer Kulanzregelung daher nicht nachkommen. Hierfür bitten wir um Ihr Verständnis.
The highlighted sentence is actually a joke, given the contents of this thread.
Old Mar 24, 11, 12:10 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Recent experience:
Sold as SN class S -> became class L on LH (BRU-FRA).
Old Mar 24, 11, 3:19 am

Programs: this and that
LX op by LH (MUC-GVA v.v.): LX L -> LH V
Old Mar 24, 11, 7:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, AB Gold
Was flying FRA-WAW-SVO yesterday on a flexible LOT economy classs ticket (sales code MGOLD, booking into M), however FRA-WAW was operated by LH and WAW-SVO by SU.

Boarding pass for FRA-WAW showed LH booking class P (750 miles instead 1250 for LO M), booking class on SU for WAW-SVO was Y (I know there won't be any miles for me).

Was quite surprised about this M >> P, as P is not a flexible booking class on international segments with LH.

Any insights from the experts?

Thanks,
Thomas
Old Mar 24, 11, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by plett View Post
Boarding pass for FRA-WAW showed LH booking class P (750 miles instead 1250 for LO M), booking class on SU for WAW-SVO was Y (I know there won't be any miles for me).
It is quite high, but not on internation segments. It's in the same league as B,M,Y on domestic.
Old Mar 25, 11, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
LX op by LH (MUC-GVA v.v.): LX L -> LH V
Wow, I believe this is the first report of a conversion done to somebody's favour!
Old Mar 26, 11, 12:19 am

Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
Wow, I believe this is the first report of a conversion done to somebody's favour!
My GF had to go to Geneva for a training class. I was surprised, too, but then the MUC LX GVA LX MUC ticket in L did cost more than €300 - that seemed pretty expensive, considering that she might end up with just 2*125 miles in her account. Of course she's happy with the 2*750 miles that she got for the trip.

I do really thing that the codeshare booking class thing is a huge mess. Even if you look at Lufthansa owned airlines only (LH, OS, LX, SN, BD). What makes things even more complicated if you are trying to credit from a non-M&M program, like UAMP: compare what you would (theoretically) earn if you fly certain routes in certain booking classes on different carriers such as:

MUC-ZRH-MUC LH vs. LX
MUC-VIE-MUC LH vs. OS

It can be quite frustrating...
Old Mar 27, 11, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
My GF had to go to Geneva for a training class. I was surprised, too, but then the MUC LX GVA LX MUC ticket in L did cost more than €300 - that seemed pretty expensive, considering that she might end up with just 2*125 miles in her account. Of course she's happy with the 2*750 miles that she got for the trip.
Not that it should matter, but where was this ticket bought (i.e. Swiss phone booking, LH.com, travel agent, ...), and on whose stock was it issued? Was she flying on LH code shares?

Interestingly, while LX's L fares are in the lowest earning bracket on domestic and European cross-border flights, they do earn full mileage on flights to/from/between non-European destinations, whereas the reverse is true for W fares.
Old Mar 29, 11, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
LX operated by JP: V stayed V fare class.

Search this Thread