Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live footage of A380 delivery

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 10:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Live footage of A380 delivery

Watch live footage as Lufthansa takes delivery of it's first A380 from 10 AM on 19 May. Be part of it - here on the website or on the Lufthansa Facebook page.

Afterwards you will have the opportunity to watch or download a film clip of the event's highlights from our video gallery.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Coverage on German TV on Wednesday:

NDR:

14:00 - 14:30 hrs
http://www3.ndr.de/programm/epghomep...id-760031.html

HR:

16:00-17:50 hrs
20:15-21:00 hrs
23:30-00:00 hrs
http://www.hr-online.de/website/fern...ument_39148065
Old May 18, 2010, 11:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

http://a380.lufthansa.com/ now says live streaming will start at 11 AM (CET I assume).
Old May 18, 2010, 1:50 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Hi all,

Our YouTube channel will also launch tomorrow, and the event will be streamed live on our Facebook page as well.

Further information about the event will be available also at http://www.lufthansa.com/group as well as our Twitter accounts:

@Lufthansa_USA (English)
@Lufthansa_DE (German)
@LufthansaLatina (Spanish)
@Lufthansa_BR (Portuguese)

Best,
Michelle
Old May 18, 2010, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

If you go to the LH A380 website there are links to 3 video clips: cabin furnishing, 3D exterior and somewhat off-putting images of Tokyo. There's also a link to live streaming (when it starts) and another one labelled "Now boarding" (not live yet) which is an interactive 3D tour of the interior.

An FA in full uniform (complete with the hat) stands in front of white/grey curtains/walls inside the A380 with a glazed(?) door with an LH logo and "Lufthansa First Class" written on it. In front of the door is what seems like part of a bathroom! With two bath taps and what looks like a towel rail though there's no sign of a urinal.

Perhaps LHPII was right. The First Class toilet of the A380 actually comes with a bathtub - complete with duckies.
Old May 18, 2010, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you go to the LH A380 website there are links to 3 video clips: cabin furnishing, 3D exterior and somewhat off-putting images of Tokyo. There's also a link to live streaming (when it starts) and another one labelled "Now boarding" (not live yet) which is an interactive 3D tour of the interior.

An FA in full uniform (complete with the hat) stands in front of white/grey curtains/walls inside the A380 with a glazed(?) door with an LH logo and "Lufthansa First Class" written on it. In front of the door is what seems like part of a bathroom! With two bath taps and what looks like a towel rail though there's no sign of a urinal.

Perhaps LHPII was right. The First Class toilet of the A380 actually comes with a bathtub - complete with duckies.
This isn't the toilet, it looks like the area at row 1 in the cabin itself. There are rose stands at the ends of the seats. The roses are just gray (like the rest) instead of red, so it probably threw you off. You can see the video monitor at the end of the seat as well .The frosted-glass looking area that says "Lufthansa First Class" is in centre front of row 1.
Or maybe I'm totally wrong?
I guess we'll see in a few hours........
Old May 18, 2010, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
This isn't the toilet, it looks like the area at row 1 in the cabin itself. There are rose stands at the ends of the seats. The roses are just gray (like the rest) instead of red, so it probably threw you off. You can see the video monitor at the end of the seat as well .The frosted-glass looking area that says "Lufthansa First Class" is in centre front of row 1.
Or maybe I'm totally wrong?
I guess we'll see in a few hours........
I see, so what looked like bath taps are roses in their holders then.

Comparing with this photo I can see where the IFE monitor is. I think I much prefer the white/grey colour scheme to the brown/beige/white combination.

The rose holders in particular are very off-putting as they remind me of a pair of flower holders which are fixed in front of gravestones in Japanese cemetries. It's ironic that the first scheduled destination of LH's A380 is NRT. I wonder how Japanese passengers might find them.
Old May 18, 2010, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I wonder how Japanese passengers might find them.
Drop dead gorgeous?
Old May 18, 2010, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Drop dead gorgeous?
Are you talking about FAs?

Not sure what they are made of but those vases do look cheap.
Old May 19, 2010, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Live streaming is supposed to have started a few minutes ago but I can't see anything live.

http://www.a380delivery.com/lufthansa/
Old May 19, 2010, 3:17 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Live streaming is supposed to have started a few minutes ago but I can't see anything live.

http://www.a380delivery.com/lufthansa/
Same here. Other than the picture of the Lufthansa Bus, I don't get anything.
Old May 19, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
http://www.a380delivery.com/lufthansa/live.html - live video feed
Old May 19, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

This link works!

http://www.a380delivery.com/lufthansa/live.html

Old May 19, 2010, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDG1
Thanks! Yet another URL... how confusing!!
Old May 19, 2010, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Well, that was worth waiting for... NOT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.