Search

FRA vs. MUC Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, CO Silver, SPG Gold
FRA vs. MUC Lounge Question

Hello All,

I have a quick trip from New York to Nuremberg coming up next month. I can connect through either Munich or Frankfurt and will be flying business. Given my meeting time in Nuremberg (1:30 PM), I will have to shower and get ready for the meeting during my connection. Looking at flight schedules, I will have ~3 hours before flying on to Nuremberg to shower, shave and grab a quick bite to eat. From a lounge perspective, what is the better option? From my research so far, seems like the Arrivals lounge in Frankfurt is nice, but the LH website makes it look like this lounge is only for those terminating in Frankfurt (vs. continuing on to other Schengen territories). I will be with several colleagues and am concerned about about waiting for one of the few showers in a regular business lounge. What is the better hub for connecting for my purposes?

Any information / recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Go with FRA and Welcome Lounge, as it is much quicker to get a shower, then in MUC.
As you have cca 3 hours in FRA, that is enough to go to the lounge, eat, shower, relax and go back to flight to NUE.
Old May 4, 2010, 11:26 am

Why don't you use the train? It is only a little over 2 hours, there is a train every 30 to 60 min from the train station inside FRA (5 min walk from the arrivals lounge), it dumps you downtown Nuernberg and the cost should be the same as the additional taxes for the domestic flight.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:04 pm

Or consider the fact that MUC airport is a good 1 hour drive from Nürnberg. So there would be the option to take a car in MUC and drive there. Depending on your final destination, that might be much quicker than flying into NUE and then continuing via Taxi or something.

If you want to connect by plane, take FRA and go to the Welcome Lounge. It is brandnew, has nice showers and is not crowded. ^

Last edited by MLang2; May 4, 2010 at 12:19 pm
Old May 4, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
For what it's worth, MUC is nicer to connect through than FRA but unfortunately MUC-NUE is usually operated on Dash 8Q prop planes which I personally find very annoying to fly with, especially compared to the new Embraers that LH/CL now use for FRA-NUE more frequently.

Once you're in NUE please send my best regards to my much-missed hometown
Old May 4, 2010, 12:16 pm

Absolutely no problem to use the welcome lounge in FRA as a connecting passenger. I would choose FRA
Old May 4, 2010, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, CO Silver, SPG Gold
Thanks everyone for the advice! Looks like we are going to do the FRA connection.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: M&M
And to Lebkuchen, too.

Originally Posted by mfkne
Once you're in NUE please send my best regards to my much-missed hometown
Old May 5, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flytofly
And to Lebkuchen, too.
Well those you can send my way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.