FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   The Unique Sounds of Lufthansa Business Class Forward Cabin on B747-400 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1081312-unique-sounds-lufthansa-business-class-forward-cabin-b747-400-a.html)

wayan May 4, 2010 12:10 am

The Unique Sounds of Lufthansa Business Class Forward Cabin on B747-400

For someone used to coach, a recent business class upgrade to the forward cabin on a Lufthansa 747-400 had me surprised at the new noises - from landing gear to rain. I've written up the experience here:

- Sounds of Takeoff and Landing in Lufthansa Business Class on Boeing 747-400

Now I just wonder what the sounds are like in First Class... Is there a piano up there, like in the movies?

German-FLyer May 4, 2010 1:01 am

I guess still better than this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ont-747-a.html

:D

wayan May 8, 2010 8:29 am

Or on any aircraft!

Ha! I had that "loud alarm tone" happen on a Aeroflot flight from Turkey to SVO once - a very shrill "beeeeep beeeeeep beeeeep" coming from the forward cabin as the plane shuddered in a steep climb after take off. I thought my ticket was punched.

Still, the rain sounds were quite unexpected on this flight - it took me a few seconds to realize what it was.

openflync May 8, 2010 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by wayan (Post 13894569)

Now I just wonder what the sounds are like in First Class... Is there a piano up there, like in the movies?

Having experience the "experience" twice TATL in recent years, I can safely say no piano.

However, you do experience the sounds of "fawning" female FA's if a famous movie star happens to be on board. And the occasional sounds of husbands mumbling to their wives of just how much this "experience" cost them.:(

TravelinWilly May 8, 2010 12:46 pm

In first class all you hear are the sounds of the f/as (there are 16 of them in the LH 1st cabin, one for each seat) giving foot rubs and topping up champagne. The piano is actually where the crew rest area used to be.

supermasterphil May 8, 2010 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly (Post 13922487)
In first class all you hear are the sounds of the f/as (there are 16 of them in the LH 1st cabin, one for each seat) giving foot rubs and topping up champagne. The piano is actually where the crew rest area used to be.

Only 16? :eek: Who is working the second foot? :confused:

synd May 9, 2010 12:48 am

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly (Post 13922487)

now don't you mean there is one F/A sitting in each empty seat, and the ones that are already taken are by F&F...

[Ranting mode ON]
My flight to CCS beginning of last month was the worst F service I have encountered on LH, UA or even US Envoy (C). It began with the flight attendant asking us to move to 1A and C instead of 2A and C. thought nothing of it at the time, but then I understood why...
Requests such as a later lunch were declined. There was only one other passenger in the cabin (3/8). Every time we asked for something, it felt like we were bothering the stewards: ie request for a second plate of apetizer, answered by "let me check, i am not sure i can do that it's not the time anymore. You should have asked when we did the apetizer service"... Not really FC standards, or even BC for that matters.
Same thing when I asked for having my salad served with the cheese...
and was not even offered a desert after the cheese...

and later during the flight, I saw our FA sleeping in row two, which was totally empty...

I guess I should have the brought the issue with the purser, as it really left a sour taste in my mouth...
[Ranting mode OFF]

[Compliments mode ON]
The return flight on the other hand was excellent! The best F service I have had.
cabin booked to 6/8, surprised me considering it was the first flight after the volcano... about 20 seats in coach empty... and 7 in C...

My gf had a eating & drinking feast , (found the solution to her fear of flying : get her drunk, three bottles will do the tric). The FA did not leave at any point during the 9 1/2hours one of our glass be more than half empty...

Ok I was probably biased due to the fact of being finally able to go back to EU after being stucked in VEN for an extra 4 days, and being able to get a nespresso after 2.5 weeks in VEN. But she was one of the best FAs I have ever had, always anticipating all our requests, like every flight in F should be.
Ok except her age, she could as well passed for a Singapore girl...
[Compliments mode OFF]

ok i think I probably went way off topic with my answer... :o