Search

Its May 1..anyone start the LHPJ mileage run?n win w

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by plemos
Shame on you.
Reading the above posts you all behaved in a private jet as a 5 years old kid in a Toys R Us store.
And this is the kind of people that will soon start invading the FCL in FRA, MUC and VIE… eating and drinking as much as possible, playing with remote controls of all the tvs, taking the free magazines home to give to the wives.
Quo vadis LH…
Relax, Dude !
And for the record, I have seen some badly behaved people in the FCT in the past.
And these were either HON or F pax. Good behaviour has no correlation to status or wealth!@:-)
Old May 11, 2010, 3:06 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Exactly!!! Well said, Rambuster.

And, as a great golfer put it: "Form is temporary, class is permanent."
Old May 11, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Our 12 min VIE-BTS flight ...
Are you serious? What a creative routing! That must be the fastest M&M status miles earning trip ever ^
Probably the shortest international segment you could have, the only planes I know of that do this trip regularly are OS Fokkers coming for maintenance to BTS.
Old May 11, 2010, 5:49 am

>>>Probably the shortest international segment you could have

In Europe, other than VIE-BTS with 30 miles, I could think of CPH-MMX (29 miles) or FDH-ACH (13).

Some others with which I can come up:

HDF-SZZ 37
MGL-MST 39
SCN-ETZ 42
LUX-ETZ 45
BSL-BRN 47
HOQ-KLV 47
BSL-ZRH 49
LRC-MST 50
SCN-LUX 50
DUS-MST 51
SCN-SXB 52
Old May 11, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Airsicknessbag
>>>Probably the shortest international segment you could have

In Europe, other than VIE-BTS with 30 miles, I could think of CPH-MMX (29 miles) or FDH-ACH (13).

Some others with which I can come up:

HDF-SZZ 37
MGL-MST 39
SCN-ETZ 42
LUX-ETZ 45
BSL-BRN 47
HOQ-KLV 47
BSL-ZRH 49
LRC-MST 50
SCN-LUX 50
DUS-MST 51
SCN-SXB 52
That's why I said "probably", also rather probably (unless there are other creative LHPJ promo flyers out there these days) there were no M&M status miles earned on any of those listed routes
Old May 11, 2010, 7:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Are you serious? What a creative routing! That must be the fastest M&M status miles earning trip ever ^
Probably the shortest international segment you could have, the only planes I know of that do this trip regularly are OS Fokkers coming for maintenance to BTS.
Taxing from the GAT in VIE to the runway probably took longer than the actual flight.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
How far is Weeze to Eindhoven ?
Old May 11, 2010, 8:59 am

>>>That's why I said "probably",

Sure, no offence intended (or taken), didn't want to correct you - you just got my creativity started.

>>>also rather probably [...] there were no M&M status miles earned on any of those listed routes

Status miles on BSL-ZRH and SCN-LUX - the quantity, though, might be slightly disappointing on those scheduled flights, compared to what any self respecting Cessna-SEN is used to ;-)

>>>How far is Weeze to Eindhoven ?

Good find. 35 miles.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Relax, Dude !
And for the record, I have seen some badly behaved people in the FCT in the past.
And these were either HON or F pax. Good behaviour has no correlation to status or wealth!@:-)
So, you're saying when I use the US miles I purchased/shared/reshared to grind my way up the mileage chart for an LH F award I don't have to act like the lowlife, Dividend Miles scamming bum from New Jersey that I am and have the option to act in a dignified manner and act as if I belong there and not pilfer/consume everything in sight while demanding the world of the staff at the FCT/FCL and loudly proclaiming the importance of my *S status?

Well, that's quite a relief.
Old May 11, 2010, 1:26 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
So, you're saying when I use the US miles I purchased/shared/reshared to grind my way up the mileage chart for an LH F award I don't have to act like the lowlife, Dividend Miles scamming bum from New Jersey that I am and have the option to act in a dignified manner and act as if I belong there and not pilfer/consume everything in sight while demanding the world of the staff at the FCT/FCL and loudly proclaiming the importance of my *S status?

Well, that's quite a relief.
Sounds like an admirable attitude. ^ I hope you have read the "maximiser" thread and memorised the salient points.
Old May 11, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Sounds like an admirable attitude. ^ I hope you have read the "maximiser" thread and memorised the salient points.
Oh, they have been committed to memory. If I don't disgrace and create/reinforce negative stereotypes of Americans, US Airways, New Jersey, and my age group (late 20s), I'll consider my trips to the FCT a failure.

Seriously, I love the M&M thread. Humor is much more appreciated here than elsewhere...not that I was being funny above. That was serious.
Old May 11, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Oh, they have been committed to memory. If I don't disgrace and create/reinforce negative stereotypes of Americans, US Airways, New Jersey, and my age group (late 20s), I'll consider my trips to the FCT a failure.

Seriously, I love the M&M thread. Humor is much more appreciated here than elsewhere...not that I was being funny above. That was serious.
I take it you bring an Abercrombie hoodie and flip flops to support the stereotype?

I hope that soon enough I'll be able to one-up you in the stereotype show: HON Card, late 20s, Eastern European. Oh, and I almost forgot: either 99EUR eco ticket or First Class ticket through US Air miles (as the upset HONs prescribed).

That would be fun, but I have better things to do than role-play, and I do prefer to blend in...

Back to the topic: Has anyone used the FCL in MUC on LPJ trips this month? If not I can advise about how that works out (with transfers) in a few days.
Old May 11, 2010, 6:53 pm

taking the free magazines home to give to the wives.
i do that, and as some of them know my "wife" they sometimes even make a point in telling me that they have new issues for me to take home to her...

maybe ask them for a big glass of calm down juice next time you're there!

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Relax, Dude !
i can unfortunately second that

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
And, as a great golfer put it: "Form is temporary, class is permanent."
that's a good one, maybe i should start playing golf...

Last edited by sentom; May 11, 2010 at 7:00 pm
Old May 11, 2010, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Shame on you.
Reading the above posts you all behaved in a private jet as a 5 years old kid in a Toys R Us store.
And this is the kind of people that will soon start invading the FCL in FRA, MUC and VIE… eating and drinking as much as possible, playing with remote controls of all the tvs, taking the free magazines home to give to the wives.
Quo vadis LH…
Actually quite a few people here can behave and most are fully toilet trained. And while I consider myself to be mostly harmless, I still run around in some F lounges like a kid in a candy store. Nothing wrong with enjoying life.

You don't get it, don't you? This is a German airline program. We don't do humour here. It is verboten.
Old May 12, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Has anyone used the FCL in MUC on LPJ trips this month? If not I can advise about how that works out (with transfers) in a few days.
According to reports on vielfligertreff.de, there have been a few problems getting access to the FCT in FRA in the first days of the promotion. But those were sorted out quickly. I have used the FCT before getting on an LHPJ flight last weekend together with about 10 other LHPJ pax. They now have passenger lists at the FCT and entry was no problem. ^

Transfer to the General Aviation Terminal however was not included and has to be arranged on your own (i.e by taxi). If you don't use the two limousine transfers that come with a LHPJ flight, you may also "burn" them for this hop.

So based on that experience, I would assume that FCL access in MUC should be no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.