Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: LO
Upgrading from PE to C on another airline than LH, OS, LO requires only one voucher too? e.g. NH from E?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:35 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by mario_s
Upgrading from PE to C on another airline than LH, OS, LO requires only one voucher too? e.g. NH from E?
Last year NH's Premium Eco was reflected as standard Eco with M&M, hence I did need 2 eVouchers to upgrade E -> I and I had several discussions with M&M regarding this.
If you check

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

You will now see that NH's booking classes E and G are actually recognized as Premium Economy booking classes, although an upgrade Europe -> Far East does cost the same amount of miles from Y&B as from E&G. So while I think it should recognize PE now, I am not sure. Let us know please, if you only need one eVoucher to upgrade.
mario_s likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: FB Plat
2 evouchers to be used by tonight

Hi guys. I have 2 evouchers on my miles and more account that are expiring tonight. I just realised that.

I won’t be able to use them. So I’m giving them away. I one of you interested ?

let me know.

First arrived. First served.
Best,

Franck
oliver2002 and goliath like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just sent you a PM, its for a colleague who has never flown business class! Would be a great surprise for him.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:40 am

I have an A380 sector from FRA next month, originally booked in E, and cash upgrade to P. Would I be able to further upgrade to F using vouchers or miles? I have both available. Right now, there's no upgrades showing from business to first on the flight. First shows F4 A2 availability right now.

Would I be able to wait-list for the upgrade? Or do I take my chances at the airport?

Thanks,

Aidan
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes the upgrade from P is possible with evouchers, waitlisting at F4A2 as a SEN should clear quickly. Worst case they will collect the evouchers/miles and it will clear at the airport.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just sent you a PM, its for a colleague who has never flown business class! Would be a great surprise for him.
Great job Oliver! ^

A great New Year's treat!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: FB Plat
done

I just DM you the details.

The 2 evouchers are gone

Hope your colleague enjoy Business Class
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:32 am
Suspended

Probably a stupid question, but here goes..

I have found a flight (including upgrade availability on expertflyer) which I intend to book and then redeem evouchers on. Now, as the ticket is a cheap P ticket, I would earn more award miles if I book through expedia as opposed to LH group directly. Is it more difficult (or even impossible) to redeem evouchers if *not* booking directly?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ryanp
Probably a stupid question, but here goes..

I have found a flight (including upgrade availability on expertflyer) which I intend to book and then redeem evouchers on. Now, as the ticket is a cheap P ticket, I would earn more award miles if I book through expedia as opposed to LH group directly. Is it more difficult (or even impossible) to redeem evouchers if *not* booking directly?
The booking channel is not relevant for the chances of using the eVouchers to upgrade. Just be prepared in case the upgrade is not available or waitlist does not clear, as I don’t know how you can see availability on EF.
FlyerTalker78341 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:24 am
Suspended

@MichielR: Thanks for clarifying! Also, I understand what you're hitting at with regards to upgrade space. Indeed, I was checking if O was open and not looking at upgrades.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ryanp
@MichielR: Thanks for clarifying! Also, I understand what you're hitting at with regards to upgrade space. Indeed, I was checking if O was open and not looking at upgrades.
While LH uses O for awards and upgrades, seeing O availability is not a guarantee of upgrade availability.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:29 am

But if O is available, it will clear the waitlist quickly.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: LH SEN*, HHonors, IHG
Codeshare LH flight on LX metal

Any recent experience on trying to use eVouchers on LX metal booked as LH flight (on LH ticket stock, booking class C) from C to F?
SEN hotline obviously said that it´s not possible to upgrade codeshares..

Any chance at check-in? Issue is, that the actual check-in will be with LATAM (feeder flight), so I could either try my luck then in GRU at Swiss check-in (enough time between the flights) or directly at the gate?

thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LNZflyer
Any recent experience on trying to use eVouchers on LX metal booked as LH flight (on LH ticket stock, booking class C) from C to F?
SEN hotline obviously said that it´s not possible to upgrade codeshares..

Any chance at check-in? Issue is, that the actual check-in will be with LATAM (feeder flight), so I could either try my luck then in GRU at Swiss check-in (enough time between the flights) or directly at the gate?

thanks!
Codeshares are notoriously difficult but within LH group , LH ticket on LX metal that’s just crazy...

You could try another agent at SEN line, ask for a supervisor or try LX SEN line.

At LX checkin it could work.
LNZflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.