Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NYC1
In addition to the fact that A is rare, I wonder whether it's the A class for "new bookings" or the A class for "changes to an existing booking". As we know (see other thread), LHG plays a nasty game and availability is not the same based on these new/existing concepts.
A for new bookings, for an agent to see A for a change it would probably need to be an empty F cabin & even then….
theKrafty1tar likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,
Can someone please clarify how many vouchers i need for a return upgrade LHR-GYD-LHR on LH/LOT?
Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
LHR - FRA 1 + FRA - GYD 2 if not booking class KLT, then 3. TBS already is 2.
Return × 2 in total.
2 pax x 2.
So in total max 16 for 2 pax :-)
A very good investment :-) except if they are going to the drain at the end of the year although there are some tricks to keep them alive.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NYC1
In addition to the fact that A is rare, I wonder whether it's the A class for "new bookings" or the A class for "changes to an existing booking". As we know (see other thread), LHG plays a nasty game and availability is not the same based on these new/existing concepts.
Hi NYC1, I cant find that other thread you refer to, could you guide me, please.
This is something I have realized over the past few months when re-booking. I cant re-book anymore issued A tickets into A, even if the flight is F8/A8. It will straight and only re-book into F, even if I can buy a new ticket in A.
On short haul flights I have now the experience that when traveling on a D ticket, they will (sometimes, but interestingly not always) only re-book into J, even if D and C show available for new bookings.
Is that what you mean by "changes to an existing booking"?
I wonder what this new "enhancement" means to you? I am not sure yet how to best deal with this as I don't want to fall into the trap of giving LH what the want, which is me overpaying because the travel agent just re-books to whatever the system suggests....
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Just made a booking for February, FRA-MEX r/t. Haven't used evouchers for myself yet (only upgrading family from Y -> C).

The booking is in P but I was waitlisted for F upgrades on both inbound and outbound sectors using evouchers. Expertflyer shows F8A0 and F8A6 for the two flights. Do you think I have a good chance of this clearing?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
Just made a booking for February, FRA-MEX r/t. Haven't used evouchers for myself yet (only upgrading family from Y -> C).

The booking is in P but I was waitlisted for F upgrades on both inbound and outbound sectors using evouchers. Expertflyer shows F8A0 and F8A6 for the two flights. Do you think I have a good chance of this clearing?
I booked the same itinerary a few months ago and both upgrades were confirmed(on the same day) around 2 months before the flights, so I understand that you have a good chance.
On the other side I was flying out on a Wednesday and back on a Monday, where loads are probably lighter on premium cabins.
theKrafty1tar likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar

Previously for HON & those loads the evouchers would have cleared into O instantly, RM are being very mean for F awards & upgrades
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
Previously for HON & those loads the evouchers would have cleared into O instantly, RM are being very mean for F awards & upgrades
That's what I was expecting... even tried to play around with the dates a bit (although it's a very short trip and I'm not super flexible), but no flights were showing upgrade space. It is a Wed to Sun trip in the low season so keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the replies
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Two very specific questions:

- Can I use an e-voucher for an Air Canada flight? (Y class, AC metal, AC flight #)

- Can I use an e-voucher for a Swiss flight ticketed by Air Canada (Y class, Swiss metal, Air Canada codeshare flight number)
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by royal757
Two very specific questions:

- Can I use an e-voucher for an Air Canada flight? (Y class, AC metal, AC flight #)
- Can I use an e-voucher for a Swiss flight ticketed by Air Canada (Y class, Swiss metal, Air Canada codeshare flight number)
Yes & Yes
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes & Yes
I just called Miles&More and they told me it has to be a pure Swiss flight or pure AC flight. Vouchers cannot be used on codeshares, true?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Ah sorry, codeshares are excluded as the don't have any award inventory.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ah sorry, codeshares are excluded as the don't have any award inventory.
What about day of travel at the airport? Would an evoucher work on a codeshare operated by LX or not at all
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:17 am

Yes, the agent at checkin can use your evouchers to upgade you.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
I have 2 evouchers available and a Premium Economy G flight booked. I want to upgrade to Business. My understanding from the rules is that I could upgrade using 1 voucher.

I can see that I can use vouchers on other legs of the return trip but not that one.

Anyone have an idea of what the issue might be please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.