Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by alvertos
Unfortunately this does not seem possible, on the menu it says "Upgrade not available", although First Class seats are available on the flight. I guess this booking class is not even available for upgrade bids.
As pointed out before, you can only upgrade award booking for cash at the airport, if any F seat is available.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Can you still use the website mentioned in wiki to upgrade LX P to A?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LHSEN
For LX upgrades to F , only available to SEN & HON, you need to call
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LHSEN
The website in the wiki no longer works, you need to call in.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Hi all,

I upgraded couple of intra Europe flights with evouchers and they now are shown as Business (I). Does this mean no award/status miles?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by koriobg
Hi all,

I upgraded couple of intra Europe flights with evouchers and they now are shown as Business (I). Does this mean no award/status miles?
You will get award and status miles for the fares you paid for (economy class you bought).
koriobg likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Newbie eVoucher question. As a SEN, I have 4 eVouchers. Wondering about upgrading to F on a paid Z class LH or LX Business ticket. What F fare bucket needs to be available for me to upgrade? Just O seats or would A seats qualify?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Newbie eVoucher question. As a SEN, I have 4 eVouchers. Wondering about upgrading to F on a paid Z class LH or LX Business ticket. What F fare bucket needs to be available for me to upgrade? Just O seats or would A seats qualify?
Currently, so difficult to upgrade to F using Evouchers, many out there & not as much F .. used to be A on LX & thats like Hens teeth now, LH was always a mystery but O generally worked, of course you can book apply the Evouchers & cancel for free within 24 hours if the upgrades don't clear

LX are quite good if you call in to give you an indication
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Re-qualifying each calendar year would give x eVouchers but when will they be added?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Re-qualifying each calendar year would give x eVouchers but when will they be added?
Usually in November of Year 2, before expiry of previous term the following February
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chris63
Currently, so difficult to upgrade to F using Evouchers, many out there & not as much F .. used to be A on LX & thats like Hens teeth now, LH was always a mystery but O generally worked, of course you can book apply the Evouchers & cancel for free within 24 hours if the upgrades don't clear. LX are quite good if you call in to give you an indication
Thanks chris63. I'll play around with dates.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks chris63. I'll play around with dates.
Your very welcome & good luck with your quest, hope to be able to read another of your excellent trip reports when it works out for you
SFO777 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:27 am

When I got a very helpful LX agent, they told me that LX never oversells F, and which my exact position was on the waitlist. With a week before departure, first on waitlist, and one seat still available in F, they estimated a 50/50 chance for the upgrade to clear.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Usually in November of Year 2, before expiry of previous term the following February
Sure takes a while to get your eVouchers when you qualify each year then, that's a pity.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:28 pm

Currently, so difficult to upgrade to F using Evouchers, many out there & not as much F .. used to be A on LX & thats like Hens teeth now, LH was always a mystery but O generally worked, of course you can book apply the Evouchers & cancel for free within 24 hours if the upgrades don't clear

In addition to the fact that A is rare, I wonder whether it's the A class for "new bookings" or the A class for "changes to an existing booking". As we know (see other thread), LHG plays a nasty game and availability is not the same based on these new/existing concepts.
chris63 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.