Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was wondering about that. So if I somehow did manage to cadge an extra voucher, would it work for upgrading P-class tickets?
On LH yes, from P to O ( F ) on LX you need to be SEN & LH have so few First Class flights & there are now so many EVouchers out there, all with a max 24 Month validity, one is going to need a lot of luck to use them before expiry...
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I understood that on LX you need to be SEN to be able to use miles for award tickets in 1st, but not if you want to use the miles for upgrades to 1st class: anybody can do that. So by extrapolation I expected that the same would apply to these vouchers.

LX think a lot of themselves, don't they? I never found their 1st particularly good and thought that the premium over Business wasn't worth it. But LH 1st still stands as a solid product, I believe, with a consistently good food product (unlike LX).
Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
I understood that on LX you need to be SEN to be able to use miles for award tickets in 1st, but not if you want to use the miles for upgrades to 1st class: anybody can do that. So by extrapolation I expected that the same would apply to these vouchers.

LX think a lot of themselves, don't they? I never found their 1st particularly good and thought that the premium over Business wasn't worth it. But LH 1st still stands as a solid product, I believe, with a consistently good food product (unlike LX).
You could be right !
It’s a humongous number of miles to upgrade from P to F ( O ) so they would probably take it

P to O on LX for FTL, would be back of the line, and given the number of EVouchers out there you would need a lot of luck ☘️
Before you get to EVouchers, they prefer bid upgrades & miles,
Old Oct 31, 2021, 3:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
P to O waitlist is easy as SEN.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
P to O waitlist is easy as SEN.
Yes, getting onto a waitlist is very easy, having it clear not
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No my experience is it clears. Since a few years the evoucher waitlist even transfers automatically to airport control so if there is an unsold F seat you get it.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
No my experience is it clears. Since a few years the evoucher waitlist even transfers automatically to airport control so if there is an unsold F seat you get it.
A couple of years ago I had 4 evouchers. 2 cleared well in advance to upgrade Mrs m4l from Biz to First and the 2 others cleared at the gate.

Also I bought a flight to Sao Paolo for next year, contacted M&M one month ago and last week the upgrade to F was confirmed
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given your connections, your surprised ?

Yes, IF there is a spare seat it will or should clear, my point was, given F seats are now rarer than Hens Teeth & they are giving EVouchers out like confetti 🎉 maybe some realism needs to come from those factors
Old Oct 31, 2021, 1:37 pm

My 'connections' don't influence the WL, I just call up the M&M call center in Germany and have them apply the evouchers.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My 'connections' don't influence the WL, I just call up the M&M call center in Germany and have them apply the evouchers.
If you say so

It’s not better calling the SEN line to waitlist ?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:10 pm

Yes, the M&M call center using the SEN number. That ends up in the right place...
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Have a booking SFO-ZRH for next June in P.
Am waitlisted for upgrade to F for two eVouchers. Let's see if it will clear as at today there are still 5 F seats unsold.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tem123
Have a booking SFO-ZRH for next June in P.
Am waitlisted for upgrade to F for two eVouchers. Let's see if it will clear as at today there are still 5 F seats unsold.
Good luck, I’m afraid your going to need it, used to be that eVouchers would clear if A was available, that was before they started selling bid upgrades etc, now Evouchers clear last of all, they prefer Cash & Miles, so much for loyalty......
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
Good luck, I’m afraid your going to need it, used to be that eVouchers would clear if A was available, that was before they started selling bid upgrades etc, now Evouchers clear last of all, they prefer Cash & Miles, so much for loyalty......
Thanks for your kind wishes! Will keep you posted
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Can we also expect some changes on the usage of eVouchers on mileage tickets now where they become a bit more flexible on booking classes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.