Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by goliath
If you should decide to cancel the flight or the upgrade later, the eVouchers will go back to your account and will bevalid until the end of the quarter.
Beware that this has changed with 1.1.2020
eVoucher do not go automatically back in your inventory if they are already expired.
(still possible if you call but it is good will)

Last edited by MultiFlyer; Feb 14, 2020 at 5:48 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:07 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Beware that this has chanced with 1.1.2020
eVoucher do not go automatically back in your inventory if they are already expired.
They do go back into your account just to be deleted again after 24 hrs (expire). That happened to me. M&M can "re-create" an eVoucher that has expired in such a way, but you have to do this via the feedback form and it can take a couple of weeks of writing back and forth until the eVoucher becomes available again. I just went though this process and it took me from Jan 08 until Feb 12 to get it done. I don't know if it is a goodwill gesture from M&M or if this is the new "standard process".
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Manual intervention required each time, only done on goodwill. rcs85551 posted something about that in VFT:

Originally Posted by rcs
Das gilt übrigens mittlerweile nicht mehr automatisch. Diese Kulanzregelung wurde aufgehoben. Wird ein Upgrade storniert und die Voucher wären bereits verfallen, erfolgt keine automatische Gutschrift der Voucher mehr. Es braucht hier nun eine manuelle Kulanzgutschrift, die in vielen Fällen nicht mehr gegeben wird.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:50 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Manual intervention required each time, only done on goodwill. rcs85551 posted something about that in VFT:
Looks like I was really lucky...
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Beware that this has changed with 1.1.2020
Wow, that’s a nasty enhancement
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: M&M / hhonors
Querying the wisdom of the swarm:

I have FRA-ZRH-LAX booked in P (LH Ticketstock and operated by LX - NO Codeshare). Leaving the availability aside, do you have any experience if it makes a difference when the ticket is on LH or LX ticket stock?

For example, I could imagine the LX SEN hotline redirects me to the German LH/SEN hotline (due to LH Stock) that potentially hasn't access to LX F inventory.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
sMk
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: LO
Originally Posted by sMk_
Querying the wisdom of the swarm:

that potentially hasn't access to LX F inventory.
oliver2002

btw, Should all M&M phone offices (SEN/HON) have access to LX F inventory or only directly SEN/HON LX?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mario_s
btw, Should all M&M phone offices (SEN/HON) have access to LX F inventory or only directly SEN/HON LX?
LH has access to LX F awards for SEN/HON members.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Any SEN line should know what to do with LX upgrades.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:18 am

I had to cancel my trip. When can I expect to receive an evoucher to my account?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:59 am

Did you call M&M to make sure the evoucher is credited back?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:45 am

No, I haven't. To be honest, I thought it will be done automatically...

ps. I called M&M and I should receive it within 72 hours..
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:17 am

Successfully upgraded a United 016- ticket PE (A) to C with M&M eVoucher. M&M deducted 2x eVoucher, I had expected 1x eVoucher in line with LH PE (E or G) to C.
Did anyone experience the same? I am about to complain to M&M but wanted to check here first. Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2020, 1:26 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by astronaut
Successfully upgraded a United 016- ticket PE (A) to C with M&M eVoucher. M&M deducted 2x eVoucher, I had expected 1x eVoucher in line with LH PE (E or G) to C.
Did anyone experience the same? I am about to complain to M&M but wanted to check here first. Thanks!
Glad that you were able to redeem the eVouchers. If the upgrade was within the same area, you should have been asked only for one. Soon all our miles and eVouchers may become useless and my theory that using always all my miles is the right one.

I am even in the negative as allowed by SEN status. So even if M&M goes bust, I got my "free" flights .

Exciting times ahead for air travel.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by behuman
I am even in the negative as allowed by SEN status. So even if M&M goes bust, I got my "free" flights .
Could turn out to be a smart move.

I still have some eVouchers that are going to expire in fall and cannot be used right now. Will be interesting to see whether they get extended after this is over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.