eVoucher Questions [merged Q&A]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 17, 19, 9:48 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wiki Link
Basics about the evoucher:

Use of eVoucher:
- upgrades 1 for a short haul, 2 for a longhaul leg (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- *A carriers can be upgraded via the *A upgrade program (use the tool*)
- can be used for others via the tool* or if you are travelling with them on the same flight
- for eligible upgrade classes, check the section 4.3 o the M&M T&C here: https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
- or use this tool: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
- good for confirmed advance upgrades, however that is only possible if the original ticket is issued with the flight number of the operating carrier. If you have a codeshare ticket, the upgrade for flights operated by LH metal can be done at the airport.
- can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers accrued from 1 April 2011 onwards will be valid for 24 months.

* The *A upgrade can be done online using this link:
https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/...=lh&coBrand=de

Note:
At the moment, you can only perform online upgrades for flights operated by All Nippon Airways (ANA), Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines Group, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS, Singapore Airlines, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways International, United Airlines and Air New Zealand.
Please note that upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class and from Premium Economy Class to Business Class can currently only be booked through your local Miles & More Service Team

Special upgrade terms and conditions

Code:
4.3 Special upgrade terms and conditions
 4.3.1 For Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines Group, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EgyptAir, Ethiopian Airlines, EVA Air, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways International, Turkish Airlines, United and Condor*

On Condor, Miles & More upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class (booking classes Y, O, Z) and upgrades from Premium Economy Class to Business Class are not possible. Only upgrades from Economy Class (no booking class is excluded) to Business Class are possible. The values contained in column B, Y apply.

* With LOT Polish Airlines, Miles & More upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class or from Premium Economy Class to Business Class are possible via your local Service Centre.
 * On Luxair, upgrades are only possible for bookings in booking classes M, Y and K.
 * Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO, LX and SN are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

- On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:

Adria Airways (JP) A, E, G, K, L, O, Q, S, V, W
 Austrian Airlines Group (OS) E, K, L, T
 Croatia Airlines (OU) A, E, F, J, K, L, T, O, U
 SWISS (LX) E, K, L
 Lufthansa (LH) K, L, N, T
 Air Dolomiti (EN) E, K, L
 LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, O, U for upgrades to Premium Economy Class and E, G, H, K, L, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W for upgrades to Business Class
 Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, N, T

- On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:

LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, O, U for upgrades to Premium Economy Class and E, G, H, K, L, M, O, Q, S, T, U, V, W for upgrades to Business Class
 SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
 Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T
 Lufthansa (LH) K, L, N, T
 Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, N, T
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 3, 19, 2:29 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by ryanp View Post
@MichielR: Thanks for clarifying! Also, I understand what you're hitting at with regards to upgrade space. Indeed, I was checking if O was open and not looking at upgrades.
While LH uses O for awards and upgrades, seeing O availability is not a guarantee of upgrade availability.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 19, 3:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
But if O is available, it will clear the waitlist quickly.
Old Feb 19, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: LH SEN*, HHonors, IHG
Codeshare LH flight on LX metal

Any recent experience on trying to use eVouchers on LX metal booked as LH flight (on LH ticket stock, booking class C) from C to F?
SEN hotline obviously said that itīs not possible to upgrade codeshares..

Any chance at check-in? Issue is, that the actual check-in will be with LATAM (feeder flight), so I could either try my luck then in GRU at Swiss check-in (enough time between the flights) or directly at the gate?

thanks!
Old Feb 19, 19, 8:40 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LNZflyer View Post
Any recent experience on trying to use eVouchers on LX metal booked as LH flight (on LH ticket stock, booking class C) from C to F?

Any chance at check-in? Issue is, that the actual check-in will be with LATAM (feeder flight), so I could either try my luck then in GRU at Swiss check-in (enough time between the flights) or directly at the gate?

thanks!
Codeshares are notoriously difficult but within LH group , LH ticket on LX metal that’s just crazy...

You could try another agent at SEN line, ask for a supervisor or try LX SEN line.

At LX checkin it could work.
LNZflyer likes this.
Old Feb 19, 19, 10:58 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by LNZflyer View Post
Which begs the question, why did you book this as a codeshare? 🤔
LNZflyer likes this.
Old Feb 19, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: LH SEN*, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post

Which begs the question, why did you book this as a codeshare? 🤔
Thatīs what happens if you donīt pay enough attention on what the corporate TA is booking (and also not bearing in mind that codeshares within the LH group are obviously an issue )
outbound flights are on LH, only the inbound longhaul on LX; connecting flights again on LH.
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:33 pm

Programs: Lufthansa, United
Don't get me started on corporate TAs. I have both my M&M number and UA number listed on my profile (first line M&M, second line UA).

On an F booking she puts BOTH numbers. On my boarding passes, it says LH*G SEN, but after weeks and weeks of miles not posting I find that they went to my UA account instead because "the system" decided to use the UA number on the second line.

Took me two months to get some 40k status points redeposited to M&M...
Old Mar 16, 19, 4:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Silver
E-Voucher/ miles upg and cxx

Hi,

Does anyone know if e vouchers / miles for o/w upg are re accredited into the m&m account if the booking has been cxx by the pax?

example:
booking in D/C full flex --> 2 e voucher or miles for upg in F, whole trip needs to be cxx due to change in plans.

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: LH HON
Will be refunded
Old Mar 18, 19, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Silver
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post

While LH uses O for awards and upgrades, seeing O availability is not a guarantee of upgrade availability.
when upgrading from D/C/J to O on evoucher / miles, will SM/PM still be accredited due to original bk?
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:22 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes..
Old Mar 20, 19, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN
Ok so clearly an obvious question but one I cannot find the answer to, how do you actually apply the evouchers? By phone? On Line? The app?
Old Mar 20, 19, 3:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade View Post
Ok so clearly an obvious question but one I cannot find the answer to, how do you actually apply the evouchers? By phone? On Line? The app?
I usually do it online though I'm sure you can do it by phone.

See a sample screen in this post. I got there via View booking on LH.com.
Old Mar 20, 19, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade View Post
I requalified for SEN and after a bad experience loosing evouchers I now successfully used them.
I booked a Swiss R/T BRU-ZRH-DXB but the return DXB-ZRH was very expensive, i.e. +3K for just that leg in Business.
Decided to book M economy and issue my evouchers.

I called my Brussels Airlines SEN hotlinem gave the booking ref and ask to use my 2 evouchers for upgrade from M to business.
I was 5 days on a wait list and yesterday I was autmically notified via email that I was upgraded.

This never worked in the past. Ie never on Brussels Airlines, once on LH, but only at the gate they told me I was upgraded.
Old Mar 25, 19, 5:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN - BA Silver
I am trying to upgrade a SQ flight for next week showing F5 A1 on EF (ZRH-SIN)

The Star upgrade tool gives e technical error and the call center claims they receive an internal error when trying to check for availability...

Any other possibility how I can check/upgrade my flight?

Search this Thread