Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Use the link to the tool in the wiki. LX allows upgrades from B.Y and G, H, M, Q, S, U, V, W .
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: LO
I had a codeshare ticket but I couldn't upgrade a flight operated by LH at the airport (FRA). Is wiki not updated or agent was not informed/couldn't use system properly?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:13 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by mario_s
I had a codeshare ticket but I couldn't upgrade a flight operated by LH at the airport (FRA). Is wiki not updated or agent was not informed/couldn't use system properly?
Unfortunately codeshare flights and upgrades won't fly...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by mario_s
Are you sure there was upgrade space available? If yes, how do you now? Empty seats goes not mean necessarily there was upgrade space available.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: LO
At first I asked if any space available and I was informed that there were. Then when she noticed I booked a codeshare flight, she refused.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: LH HON
There were rumours that you can use eVouchers for upgrades on EW for their new BizClass on DUS-JFK. But the LH agent denied it. Any inside info?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:12 am

Does the ticket has to be issued by LH (or LH group) for eVoucher to apply? I have an Avianca issued ticket I’m looking to upgrade via an eVoucher from friend and not sure whether it’ll fly.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: SN SEN*, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Spire Elite
Pretty sure it has to
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by klausa
Does the ticket has to be issued by LH (or LH group) for eVoucher to apply? I have an Avianca issued ticket I’m looking to upgrade via an eVoucher from friend and not sure whether it’ll fly.
Interesting one, why not try & do let us know how it goes ?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Does the ticket has to be issued by LH (or LH group) for eVoucher to apply?

No, it doesn't have to be.

I have an Avianca issued ticket I’m looking to upgrade via an eVoucher from friend and not sure whether it’ll fly.

To see if your Aviance booking class is eligible for an upgrade, go to M&M link and chose Avianca from the menu.

You will find that you need to be booked into (expensive) booking classes B or Y to have a chance at an upgrade.

If you are booked into one of those booking classes, you need to call M&M to request the upgrade.

For many other airlines (but not Avianca) you can go to M&M link 2 to request the upgrade online.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:27 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by goliath
No, it doesn't have to be.

To see if your Aviance booking class is eligible for an upgrade, go to M&M link and chose Avianca from the menu.

You will find that you need to be booked into (expensive) booking classes B or Y to have a chance at an upgrade.

If you are booked into one of those booking classes, you need to call M&M to request the upgrade.

For many other airlines (but not Avianca) you can go to M&M link 2 to request the upgrade online.
Maybe the poster is talking about a LH flight with a ticket issued by AV. Upgrading such a flight should be possible, or am I wrong?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cas_de
Maybe the poster is talking about a LH flight with a ticket issued by AV.
Maybe - he will have to clarify.

Originally Posted by cas_de
Upgrading such a flight should be possible, or am I wrong?
If it is a LH flight with LH flight number, then an upgrade would be possible.
If it is a LH flight with AV flight number (i.e.: a codehare), then an upgrade would not be possible.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:32 am

It was indeed a LH flight number (on LH prime flight number, not codeshare), issued on AV ticket stock.

I wanted to check on FT first before reaching out to to the eVoucher „sponsor” because while we’re obviously on good terms (they agreed to give me the eVouchers!), we had minor falling out recently and I didn’t want to waste their time on talking to SEN hotline if there was no point in it.

In any case, I can now confirm that LH flights on non-LH group ticket stocks are, indeed, upgradable with eVouchers — I went from P -> O just now
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
It was indeed a LH flight number (on LH prime flight number, not codeshare), issued on AV ticket stock.

In any case, I can now confirm that LH flights on non-LH group ticket stocks are, indeed, upgradable with eVouchers — I went from P -> O just now
Great stuff ^

And, presumably more award miles to follow than on LH ticket stock ?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Great stuff ^

And, presumably more award miles to follow than on LH ticket stock ?
Oh not even _close_. This is the cheapo MXP-BOG that was floating few months ago, for around ~1kE. Already had a schedule change too and rerouted via LAX (wanted to try AV 787!), and the rebooked VIE-LAX booked into D, so, as I said, not even close...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.