Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lack
Sure.
Just to be clear, by "sure" you mean, yes, it is possible? Not trying to smart, just want to make sure.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:42 pm

Sure :-).
Yes, it's possible, but of course, the system has it quirks with crediting the miles to different programs if there's a hint of M&M number in the reservation.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Lack
Sure :-).
Yes, it's possible, but of course, the system has it quirks with crediting the miles to different programs if there's a hint of M&M number in the reservation.
Yes it is - but be careful LX system fare plays well with this LH doesn't and sveral times with my UA number in booking at checkin its reverted back to MilesMore number and its a real pain and can take months for them to give the miles back so they can be credited to UA
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AZ CFA
I'm writing from the phone, so no chance to check if there was a better thread, however booking class is probably T.
Amd yes, my mother in law will stay in Eco, she doesn't want to spend money/miles, and her husband has pain in the back, so this Is the reason for a single upgrade!
​​​​​​​Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by I.CRIS
booking class is probably T.
No chance to upgrade from LH T. The ticket needs to be in Y, B, M, H, Q, S, U, V, W.
So, you would have to pay the fare difference to the cheapest upgradeable booking class first and then use miles or e-vouchers to upgrade.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, MU Gold, SPG Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If its just a date change, LX can sticker the ticket for you preserving the upgrade. If its a routing change the upgrade has to be reversed, the evoucher redopsited and the new upgrade applied immeditely after the reissue. LX BSL will be able to do that much for you if upgrade space is available in the new flight. Its a biiig YMMV.
oliver2002, I have similar situation with LH. I have two vouchers to expire this December, and an issued RT PVG_FRA S ticket next April. I know I can use the vouchers to upgrade one leg to business, but if I want to change the date later after Dec., to, say, next October, what will happen to the class and vouchers?

thank you in advance, vouchers are not so easy to burn....

Last edited by serali; Nov 19, 2017 at 12:35 am
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can reverse the upgrade next year and the vouchers come back to your account, valid till the end if that quarter. After cha ging the ticket you apply them again.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Where do I check the voucher balance?

Or maybe there is no mention of vouchers (and not even a zero balance shown) if you don't have any? I've been looking all over the M&M site and it's driving me nuts that I cannot confirm that there are zero vouchers or whether there are in fact any...
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, MU Gold, SPG Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can reverse the upgrade next year and the vouchers come back to your account, valid till the end if that quarter. After cha ging the ticket you apply them again.
Thank you. I found different answers in this thread, but your answers clear the doubt.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by aster
Where do I check the voucher balance?
It is the same place where you check for your miles balance.
Login, click on your shown award miles amount and you see your balance (miles and evoucher).

Last edited by MultiFlyer; Nov 21, 2017 at 2:39 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
It is the same place where you check for your miles balance.
Login, click on your shown award miles amount and your see your balance (miles and evoucher).
That's where I've been looking, but all I see are award/status/select miles and there is no mention of any vouchers. Hence my thinking that maybe nothing (not even a zero balance!) shows up if you simply have no evouchers...
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by aster
That's where I've been looking, but all I see are award/status/select miles and there is no mention of any vouchers. Hence my thinking that maybe nothing (not even a zero balance!) shows up if you simply have no evouchers...
Correct. If you don't have any, then nothing show up in the online account.

However, the M&M app displays:

Award miles: x
Status miles: y
Select miles: z
eVouchers: 0
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
what classes on LX can be upgraded from J to F?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82
what classes on LX can be upgraded from J to F?
All paid booking classes: P, Z, D, C, J
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.

Hi. Am I right in assuming that with LX use of evouchers for upgrade from Y to J is still only possible in the same booking classes that work for upgrades against miles? So, e.g., for intercontinental, Y B G H M Q S U V W, thereby still excluding the lowest booking classes? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.