Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: Miles&More- SEN; HH- Diamond
getting miles for e-voucher upgrade

Hello,

I managed to get an upgrade from business (D) to first class (A) on Swiss ZRH-BKK flight with 2 e-vouchers (finally after 8 vouchers expired in the past

Can you advise if I will now get mileage credit as if I am flying in First class (more miles) or still it will be Business D class mileage?

Thanks in advance.

Ivanko
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ivanko1976
Hello,

I managed to get an upgrade from business (D) to first class (A) on Swiss ZRH-BKK flight with 2 e-vouchers (finally after 8 vouchers expired in the past

Can you advise if I will now get mileage credit as if I am flying in First class (more miles) or still it will be Business D class mileage?

Thanks in advance.

Ivanko
Business Class
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Miles&More- SEN; HH- Diamond
Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You have to call in, its 1 evoucher and its refundable.
Update:

I was able to upgrade online (from E). Upgrade on the outbound isn't available though. Hope they can waitlist it if I call in?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi,

waitlisting should work. I was sitting on WL for 4 months until the upgrade cleared 4 days before the flight.

Upon checkIn at the airport, they actually asked me if I was interested in volunteering to be downgraded as they had oversold C. Offer was 1500 EUR for PVG-MUC (C->PE downgrade), which I considered a decent offer. Turned out that in the end several C pax did not show up and I did not have to get downgraded .
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by davidcito
Hi,

waitlisting should work. I was sitting on WL for 4 months until the upgrade cleared 4 days before the flight.

Upon checkIn at the airport, they actually asked me if I was interested in volunteering to be downgraded as they had oversold C. Offer was 1500 EUR for PVG-MUC (C->PE downgrade), which I considered a decent offer. Turned out that in the end several C pax did not show up and I did not have to get downgraded .
I caled up M&M (India) to waitlist the upgrade, for what I thought was going to be an easy process.

The agent seems absolutely clueless. To begin with, she was sure that its not possible to upgrade from Premium Economy to Business with miles/evoucher (??!!). After I convinced her that it is and I did it for the inbound, she begrudingly 'checked' her system. And apparently the system didn't allow her either. The long haul legs are both in the exact same class (E) so nothing makes sense here.

I clarified if it was a case of not being able to waitlist, but she confirmed she can waitlist with no problem if any upgrade is possible within the classes. The most inept agent I've ever come across. Had to finally hang up after 15 mins of arguing. Seems I have to call back tomorrow to speak to a supervisor (what?!).
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
I caled up M&M (India) to waitlist the upgrade, for what I thought was going to be an easy process.
Seems I have to call back tomorrow to speak to a supervisor (what?!).
Call a number in another country.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
Air China HAK PEK MUC FRA PEK HAK flights are business except HAK PEK HAK and I wanted to use evouchers to upgrade economy Y shorthaul HAK PEK HAK. However Air China has only first class on this sector or economy, can I use 2 evouchers to jump to first....No. Can I use miles to upgrade to first........No. My thought was upgrade should be to next available class of travel with evouchers or at least use miles, according to MM Shanghai I am wrong.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If there is no business on a domestic flight, the upgrade is cheaper. Read the upgrade award chart and call again, or call Germany.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
Air China Domestic Upgrades

Twas good advice to call Germany but still it is not possible to jump a class according to the LH agreement with Air China, therefore on domestic flights with only economy or First i.e. no premium eco or business you may NOT upgrade with evouchers or miles..................RIDICULOUS but true. So you may NOT upgrade to the next available class being first as there is no other option. Talk about catch 22
Old Oct 7, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: SN SEN*, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Spire Elite
eVouchers tips

Hi

I have 2 M&M Star Alliance eVouchers because of reaching SEN status. They expire in December 2016. I just can't find a good use for them? Bumping up from economy to business on an intra-EU flight means nothing really. There are no real business cabins etc. Using 2 vouchers for an intra-continental flight is better, but ...

Can I book something before end December but only take the the flight in 2017? Or do the vouchers need to be spent and flown in 2016?

thanks once again for tips
Old Oct 7, 2016, 3:27 am

No, they need to be applied before expiration. So if you have a long haul next year book it before expiration and then apply the eVouchers. Preventive search of "I" space is recommended.

Of course if you will have to change your flights the upgrade will most likely get lost.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 3:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The upgrade needs to take place before the evouchers expire. The ticket can be for travel beyond the expiry date. If your travel plans on the upgraded ticket change, the evouchers can be redeposited and used for a new/changed plan/ticket within a very short period.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I just used my eVouchers for the first time. I have to say I was surprised by how quick and easy it was.

I was already booked in F FRA-LAX in mid-Jan 17. I wanted to upgrade my sister from C to F so we could fly together.

First I tried to use my PPB points. A quick "not available" was the response. So I called the German SEN line and they waitlisted the upgrade for my sister as of course there was no award space on the A380 to LAX.

I was surprised that within 6 hours the eVouchers cleared and her upgrade to F was confirmed. She's very happy, and after the experience I see more value in eVouchers than I had imagined.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
How to save E-Vouchers ?

Hello All,

I am a silent reader for a Long time and this is my first post :-)

I have a question regarding my E-Vouchers which will expire end of December.
Currently I have no flights planned until year end, but have waitlisted a flight end of January for O Class. The vouchers have been removed from my account already. What happens if the waitlist does not clear until December 31st ? Are the Vouchers still valid for that particular flight since I requested the upgrade before the expiry date or the waitlist just goes out automatically and the vouchers are gone ?
Is there any other way to save them ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.