Old Mar 8, 2013, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.


How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

eVoucher Questions [merged Q&A]

Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:58 am
  #46  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot in Asia
Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Posts: 25,916
Sorry to hijack this thread..

But how does one do an eVoucher upgrade on say, SQ?

If I have bought the SQ ticket in 'S' class, do I submit info on M&M website? Or do I call into the SEN line since its an eVoucher and not using miles...
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:02 am
  #47  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Sorry to hijack this thread..

But how does one do an eVoucher upgrade on say, SQ?

If I have bought the SQ ticket in 'S' class, do I submit info on M&M website? Or do I call into the SEN line since its an eVoucher and not using miles...
For SQ upgrades call M&M or have your travel agent do it for you (they can do this as long as you authorize them and give them your PIN).

IIRC with Miles and More to upgrade on SQ from economy to business you need to have only B or Y classes.

I have never attempted an upgrade from economy to business however from D to F works fine as long as it is not an A388 (i.e. there usually is space and it does work).
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:08 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SJC/PIT
Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Posts: 519
Fare bucket?

Please let me ask a related question (Y->C upgrade using eVouchers). Is it correct that I need "I" availability (same as biz award) to clear immediately?
MtRoot is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:26 am
  #49  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 47,850
Yes and no... it seems there are two kinds of 'I', one for upgrades and the other for awards. So I being available is an indicator it will probably work.
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:52 am
  #50  
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TUN
Programs: TK E+
Posts: 11,230
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have never attempted an upgrade from economy to business however from D to F works fine as long as it is not an A388 (i.e. there usually is space and it does work).
Do you know if it works from C to F on SQ ? I can't find any information on M&M website.
G_G is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:50 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SJC/PIT
Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes and no... it seems there are two kinds of 'I', one for upgrades and the other for awards. So I being available is an indicator it will probably work.
Thanks. That's quite confusing but apparently it worked for me. I chose a flight for which I could see I availability on united.com, and the upgrade confirmed immediately.
MtRoot is offline  
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:08 pm
  #52  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by G_G
Do you know if it works from C to F on SQ ? I can't find any information on M&M website.
Yes C class is higher than D so should be no problem.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:58 am
  #53  
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TUN
Programs: TK E+
Posts: 11,230
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Yes C class is higher than D so should be no problem.
Thanks. Do you have to call M&M to know the F upgrade availability ?
G_G is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:21 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: hamburg
Posts: 1,390
Question

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
For SQ upgrades call M&M or have your travel agent do it for you (they can do this as long as you authorize them and give them your PIN).

IIRC with Miles and More to upgrade on SQ from economy to business you need to have only B or Y classes.

I have never attempted an upgrade from economy to business however from D to F works fine as long as it is not an A388 (i.e. there usually is space and it does work).
Maybe this is a long shot, but is it possible to upgrade an A class ticket to R using e-vouchers?
sunseeker is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:18 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: HAJ / BUD / SYD
Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by sunseeker
Maybe this is a long shot, but is it possible to upgrade an A class ticket to R using e-vouchers?
Good idea, but since awards cannot be booked in Suites Class on SQA380 flights, the same applies for the evoucher upgrades.
Toconaur is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:32 am
  #56  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by G_G
Thanks. Do you have to call M&M to know the F upgrade availability ?
As far as I know yes- I don't know how they access the award inventory however also my TA cannot see the availability in the GDS.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:34 am
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,165
Originally Posted by sunseeker
Maybe this is a long shot, but is it possible to upgrade an A class ticket to R using e-vouchers?
No such luck.

I do have one colleague who was able to use mileage to upgrade D>R on SYD/SIN however our consensus seems to be it was a mistake.

SIN/ZRH does seem to sell cash upgrades by the way from C/D to R when they are oversold in C. 2500 EUR for the leg. They only do it if they are oversold AFAIK.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:20 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: hamburg
Posts: 1,390
bummer...

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
No such luck.

I do have one colleague who was able to use mileage to upgrade D>R on SYD/SIN however our consensus seems to be it was a mistake.

SIN/ZRH does seem to sell cash upgrades by the way from C/D to R when they are oversold in C. 2500 EUR for the leg. They only do it if they are oversold AFAIK.

thanks for the info anyway.
sunseeker is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:11 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Posts: 3,561
LH upgrade instruments (miles/vouchers) are good for upgrades on SQ from C to F (excluding Suites/A380).

To upgrade one has to call LH and they have to blindly request the upgrade (similar to the long-sell). If the upgrade is successful, the only response from the system is the deduction of miles/vouchers.

I think at present, SQ has zeroed out almost all award inventory due the hick-up after the Amadeus change.

RTW tickets can now be used on Suites. On a lot of A380 flights, SQ is opening up one seat in A.

SQ is always happy to upfare a business ticket to Suites: The cheapest return in P (First/Suites) ZRH-SIN is 8.300 EUR. To upgrade a D ticket for 4.300, the pricing to upfare per leg is 2.000 EUR.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:59 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,555
The online tool also works to upgrade on sq using evouchers. I successfully upgraded online from d to f using evouchers a few weeks ago.
2035 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.