Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I read that LH operated, but other airline marketed flight can only be upgraded at the airport. Is this still the case, and is there any way to 'waitlist' that upgrade in advance?
Old May 20, 2015, 4:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I read that LH operated, but other airline marketed flight can only be upgraded at the airport. Is this still the case, and is there any way to 'waitlist' that upgrade in advance?
At T-48 or 72h the codeshare/marketed segment is converted into a operative segment on the operating carriers flight number. At this point you can apply an upgrade in the checkin system, provided the flight is open for checkin. You can also ask to be put on the grading list at that point if the upgrade doesn't clear on the spot.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
At T-48 or 72h the codeshare/marketed segment is converted into a operative segment on the operating carriers flight number. At this point you can apply an upgrade in the checkin system, provided the flight is open for checkin. You can also ask to be put on the grading list at that point if the upgrade doesn't clear on the spot.

Thank you!
Old May 20, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN*, HHonors, IHG
Hi,

does anyone know why booking class E (Y+) is not in the star alliance upgrade tool (G is in the list)?
Wanted to use both eVouchers for upgrading FRA-IAH and return but the Miles&more page won´t let me due to missing availability - and in the star alliance tool I always could at least waitlist the upgrade.
So I guess SEN hotline is the place to go?
Old May 20, 2015, 1:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LNZflyer
Hi,

does anyone know why booking class E (Y+) is not in the star alliance upgrade tool (G is in the list)?
Wanted to use both eVouchers for upgrading FRA-IAH and return but the Miles&more page won´t let me due to missing availability - and in the star alliance tool I always could at least waitlist the upgrade.
So I guess SEN hotline is the place to go?
If you are trying to upgrade online, note the following on this page:

+++ Please note that upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class and from Premium Economy Class to Business Class can currently only be booked through your local Miles & More Service Team +++
Old May 20, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN*, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you are trying to upgrade online, note the following on this page:
Thanks! - scrolling down to the bottom of a page helps sometimes
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I take it you cannot use a voucher on an award flight (intra-EU)?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Nope you cannot.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Many thanks.

Is there a way to check whether an evoucher can be used on a given flight before buying the ticket (evoucher upgrade from econ to biz on intra-European LO)?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: OKplus, M&M, SASEurobonus, Goldpoints, Priority Club, HH & more
eVouchers instantly expired

seems like "protecting" expiring evouchers by applying them on a future booking does not work any more. Yesterday I canceled such a booking (which was upgraded by eVouchers which would otherwise expire in March 2015), eVouchers got credited back, however expired within few minutes.
Call center says that this is how it should work, no validity till end of quarter....
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
oops, I have 135000 miles 'protected' like this. They were supposed to expire a year ago, and I need to cancel the ticket by august.
Any recent experience with cancelling award ticket and new expiry of miles?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yesterday at ZRH I tried to upgrade LX64 to Miami, booking class V, LH ticket.
They said it was not possible as the ticket was issued by LH. There was availability on the flight, and class V was eligible for upgrades, but no way, neither with e-voucher nor with miles
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:36 am

If eVouchers are used to upgrade from Biz to First, are the miles earned for the original booked class or the upgraded one?

Although, question is a bit rhetorical as they can't be used for P class
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Original booking class of course...
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
If eVouchers are used to upgrade from Biz to First, are the miles earned for the original booked class or the upgraded one?

Although, question is a bit rhetorical as they can't be used for P class
they can, on LX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.