Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cello
Hello everybody,

I've used (called M&M yesterday and asked to be moved from C->F to be precise) 2 eVouchers for my today's flight. The M&M lady said that the request may go through up till 10hrs before departure and I'll receive confirmation or I could be put on the waitlist and everything is going to clear out at the airport. I also know that the flight is fully booked in C and had 4 seats empty in F just yesterday. So now two questions pop into my mind:

1. My e-boarding pass says that I'm on a waitlist (but also says "First") and there is no info there about my original reservation in C. Although I'd really like to fly F I'm a bit worried that being on a "waitlist" puts me in a unpleasant position where I'm not assigned anywhere and will be the first person they are going to ask to take another flight when the flight is overbooked. I would really not like that and much rather call the whole evoucher thing off than risk not flying my planned itinerary (WAW-FRA-(LH572)-JNB).

2. There is an asterisk next to the "waitlist" mark that explains that everything is going to be decided 40mins before the flight, at the gate. Keeping in mind that I have a boarding pass that says "First" can I enter the FCL or FCT before that? I have 2hr layover and would really appreciate that.
1. Even with wait list you will keep your original seat in business until your First request clears.
2. If your boarding pass says "First" then you have cleared into First and you can certainly enter the FCL or FCT- given your routing I would recommend the FCL B. If your boarding pass does not say "First" you cannot enter the FCL/FCT unless you have a HON circle card in which case you are eligible in any circumstance.
3. If there are still 4 seats open in F my bet is your wait list will clear although it may be at the last minute.
Old May 28, 2014, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
By the time you arrive in FRA the FM will have looked at the waitlist and should clear you.^
Old May 28, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
(...) given your routing I would recommend the FCL B.
My departure gate is supposed to be Z66.This would be my first opportunity to visit FCL/FCT and I'm looking forward to two things:
1. The Duck,
2. limo ride/last minute boarding.

As I understand the first can be obtained in both FCLs and FCT, isn't the 2nd only a FCT thing?
Old May 28, 2014, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My departure gate is supposed to be Z66.This would be my first opportunity to visit FCL/FCT and I'm looking forward to two things:
1. The Duck,
2. limo ride/last minute boarding.

As I understand the first can be obtained in both FCLs and FCT, isn't the 2nd only a FCT thing?
You will receive a car ride to the aircraft from either the FCL or FCT if your departure gate is not in B.

I have never seen a limo at either place- the vehicles that drive you to the plane are either Mercedes S Class, Porsche, or Mercedes Van. If there is a limousine it is well hidden.

A duck you can get in either place. I don't think they are all that interesting- if you go to alibaba.com you can probably buy 500 for less than the cost of your upgrade.
Old May 29, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
@TRAVELSIG
@oliver2002

Guys - thanks for your help. Just a few words of update on how it went -> I called M&M and asked them how is the upgrade going, they told me that it went through, to which I replied that I'm still getting "waiting list" boarding card from OLCI which they couldn't fix. Later that day, staff @ WAW checkin was unable to figure out the waitlist thing and told me that it's going to be worked out in FRA. In FRA I was persistently pointed by the transfer desk staff in the direction of my departure gate Z66 which thanks to you guys I wisely ignored and went straight to FCL B which was just couple of steps from my arrival gate. FCL B staff confirmed that I get my F seat and told me that there was some weird glitch that even though my F seat was confirmed it caused boarding passes to print out incorrectly. Something which they fortunately were able to figure out and brought me my new pass for 1K.

The experience was fantastic, I hope I can do it again some day. Oh and btw - by a limo I meant Porsche/S-class, nothing "fancier". Ended up in a Vito with 3 other passengers anyway but the last minute boarding is awesome. Same level of awesome as the whole on-board experience.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@TRAVELSIG
@oliver2002

Guys - thanks for your help. Just a few words of update on how it went -> I called M&M and asked them how is the upgrade going, they told me that it went through, to which I replied that I'm still getting "waiting list" boarding card from OLCI which they couldn't fix. Later that day, staff @ WAW checkin was unable to figure out the waitlist thing and told me that it's going to be worked out in FRA. In FRA I was persistently pointed by the transfer desk staff in the direction of my departure gate Z66 which thanks to you guys I wisely ignored and went straight to FCL B which was just couple of steps from my arrival gate. FCL B staff confirmed that I get my F seat and told me that there was some weird glitch that even though my F seat was confirmed it caused boarding passes to print out incorrectly. Something which they fortunately were able to figure out and brought me my new pass for 1K.

The experience was fantastic, I hope I can do it again some day. Oh and btw - by a limo I meant Porsche/S-class, nothing "fancier". Ended up in a Vito with 3 other passengers anyway but the last minute boarding is awesome. Same level of awesome as the whole on-board experience.
Great news that everything worked out and that you enjoyed the lounge and the overall experience. Thanks for the post and now the only problem is you will be justifying in your mind that F fares are worth it....
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Thanks for the post and now the only problem is you will be justifying in your mind that F fares are worth it....
There are still some very decent F fares on LH and CAI is only one starting point.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
There are still some very decent F fares on LH and CAI is only one starting point.
Agreed.

Ex-IT you can still find some transatlantic offers for under 4000 EUR all in RT.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
Upgrading from P or Z

Hi.
Upgrading from P or Z to first on Swiss: 2 vouchers plus 20.000 miles or only 2 vouchers?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just evouchers.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mbcan
Upgrading from P or Z to first on Swiss: 2 vouchers plus 20.000 miles or only 2 vouchers?
2 eVouchers - as per the Wiki at the top of the page.

(Edit: oliver2002 was quicker)
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
Originally Posted by goliath
2 eVouchers - as per the Wiki at the top of the page.

(Edit: oliver2002 was quicker)
Thanks to both
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
my eVoucher will expire in January 2015. Can I use it for a flight after this date if I book it in 2014?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:39 pm
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Originally Posted by ben63
my eVoucher will expire in January 2015. Can I use it for a flight after this date if I book it in 2014?
Yes you can, but you must book before expired date, remember you not going to be able to change after expired date as well.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by ym1
Yes you can, but you must book before expired date, remember you not going to be able to change after expired date as well.
thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.