Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Sorry, my bad, I got a bunch of different letters as "good to go" and the ones blacklisted are not there so things look ok unless there are some other classes in existence.

As for seeing if seats with the 'I' fare basis are available, how can I check that?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just look for an award online using the M&M award booking feature. If you find a business award seat, I is available.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2035
1. As your address is in Israel, you only need 1 e-Voucher for TLV-FRA and vv.
2. On CO you can only use e-vouchers in Y and B class. Not very useful.
How can I use my two eVouchers for my brother who wants to fly from FRA to LAX?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,
Originally Posted by OliverM
How can I use my two eVouchers for my brother who wants to fly from FRA to LAX?
"Your eVouchers are non-transferable; however they can be redeemed on behalf of travelling companions."

So if you are also flying with your brother you can just call Miles and More and ask them to apply the upgrade. I believe you can do it online too under "Book an Upgrade Award"

Bege
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, AA*G, HH*S
K class evoucher eligible?

It is not fully clear whether K class can be upgraded using an voucher or not on LH metal. Can anyone clarify?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cajmere
It is not fully clear whether K class can be upgraded using an voucher or not on LH metal. Can anyone clarify?
K class is not upgradeable with miles so I understand that also is not upgradeadable using evouchers.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, AA*G, HH*S
Also L class on LX too.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:34 pm

So does it mean that the fine print for evouchers (especially eligible booking classes) is the same as for mileage upgrades?

Does anyone have a recent list of booking classes that are excluded from upgrades?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:14 am

its in the T&C of M&M:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...n&cid=18002#43
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by rotanes
Unfortunately the program description only talks about mileage upgrades, it does not refer to evouchers at all. So the question remains if evouchers are subject to exactly the same restrictions or not? E.g., officially evouchers cannot be used for friends if the M&M member is not on board himself, which is different from mileage upgrades. So maybe there are other differences as well.

Isn't there a page somewhere that explains all the details around evouchers?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:29 am

Can eVouchers be used to upgrade T Class?

I have a LH intra-european flight I'd like to upgrade with an eVoucher, but the website gives me the following message:

"Unfortunately we cannot complete your upgrade booking due to technical reasons. Please contact the relevant Miles & More Service Team. (119401)"

Before I telephone LH, can T class bookings be upgraded? I cannot find any definitive documentation about this on their website.

Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
T should be upgradable on european flights, just call M&M.

The detailled list:

Code:
4.3 Special upgrade terms and conditions
4.3.1 For Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Air Canada, Air China, Air Dolomiti, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines Group, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Continental Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, SWISS, TAM, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways International, Turkish Airlines, United, US Airways and Condor*

On Condor, Miles & More upgrades from Economy Class to Premium Economy Class (booking classes Y, O, Z) and upgrades from Premium Economy Class to Comfort Class are not possible. Only upgrades from Economy Class (no booking class is excluded) to Comfort Class are possible. The values contained in column B, Y apply.
    On Luxair, upgrades are only possible for bookings in booking classes M, Y and K.
    Upgrades with LH, JP, EN, OS, OU, LO and LX are not possible for some particularly favourable offers.

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
    - Adria Airways (JP) E, G, K, L, T, U
    - Austrian Airlines Group (OS) E, L, K
    - Croatia Airlines (OU) E, L, T
    - SWISS (LX) E, L, K
    - Lufthansa (LH) and Air Dolomiti (EN) E, L, K
    - LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, W, O, S**
    - Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
    - LOT Polish Airlines (LO) L, W
    - SWISS (LX) E, K, L, T
    - Austrian Airlines (OS) E, L, K, T
    - Adria Airways (JP), Air Dolomiti (EN) and Croatia Airlines (OU) L, S, W, U
    - Lufthansa (LH) E, K, L, T
    - Brussels Airlines (SN) E, G, K, L, T
    Upgrades within Europe for domestic flights are only possible on connecting flights in combination with upgrades on intercontinental flights and are already included in the miles for the upgrade of the intercontinental flight.
    For upgrades with Condor, Adria Airways, Croatia Airlines or Luxair, paper certificates (valid for up to 12 months) are issued, hence upgrade bookings with these airlines must be made at least four working days prior to departure.
    Further detailed information regarding SWISS upgrades is available on www.miles-and-more.com.
    Upgrades with Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Air Canada (AC), Air China (CA), Continental Airlines (CO), SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SK), Singapore Airlines (SQ), TAM (JJ), TAP Portugal (TP), Thai Airways International (TG), Turkish Airlines (TK), US Airways (US) and United (UA) are possible from Economy booking classes Y and B. (With CA, upgrades are also possible from booking class U, with SK and SQ, upgrades are also possible from booking class S, with NH and NZ also from class E and with NZ classes O and U as well). If a First Class seat is available, upgrades are also possible from Business booking classes C and D with these airlines (and from classes J and Z as well with NH and SQ). On Turkish Airlines an upgrade to First Class is only possible on intercontinental flights.
    Only paperless upgrades (eUpgrades) are possible.

* Upgrades are only possible with the stated airline partners. Eligibility is determined by the flight number of the operating carrier.

** only on European routes
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:57 am

A slight twist of this question, which is the lowest/cheapest booking class on LH/LX that is upgradable by miles or eVouchers?

Could anyone please post a link or similar reference to booking class rankings?

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 5:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by A380*G
A slight twist of this question, which is the lowest/cheapest booking class on LH/LX that is upgradable by miles or eVouchers?

Could anyone please post a link or similar reference to booking class rankings?

Thanks!
See posts #13 and #15, plus for ranked lists of booking classes:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Hi, thanks but I know which booking classes that are not entitled to miles/eVoucher upgrade. I also know which booking classes in business that are most flexible/expensive. But how are all the economy booking classes ranked? Y is most flexible/expensive but how about e.g. U W V S H G Q?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.