Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Dear community,
I was wondering about the use of e-vouchers (not miles) to upgrade a longhaul TK flight (IST-KIX).
  • Do I need two e-vouchers?
  • Which classes are eligible to be upgraded, is it only Y and B?
  • Can I assume that the upgrade will work if there is availability in J, or which class do I need to look for?
  • Can this be done online/in advance for TK issued tickets?
Thanks for any helpful replies!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Zeehe
Dear community,
I was wondering about the use of e-vouchers (not miles) to upgrade a longhaul TK flight (IST-KIX).
  • Do I need two e-vouchers?
  • Which classes are eligible to be upgraded, is it only Y and B?
  • Can I assume that the upgrade will work if there is availability in J, or which class do I need to look for?
  • Can this be done online/in advance for TK issued tickets?
Thanks for any helpful replies!
You can do it online here

Yes, you need 2 e-vouchers. Y, B and S can be upgraded. There usually need to be availability in the award inventory 'I'.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by asadliv
You can do it online here

Yes, you need 2 e-vouchers. Y, B and S can be upgraded. There usually need to be availability in the award inventory 'I'.
Are you sure about S? "... Turkish Airlines (TK), US Airways (US) and United (UA) are possible from Economy booking classes Y and B." (from the page you linked to) Is there any place where I can see that S is eligible as well?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Zeehe
Are you sure about S? "... Turkish Airlines (TK), US Airways (US) and United (UA) are possible from Economy booking classes Y and B." (from the page you linked to) Is there any place where I can see that S is eligible as well?
There's S in the booking class drop down menu when you select TK.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
There's S in the booking class drop down menu when you select TK.
Thank you, very helpful information! Edit: Is there anyone who can confirm that this indeed works and is not just a programming mistake? Wouldn't be the first one on the LH pages
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:14 pm

Using eVouchers for upgrades

Hello,
I'm planning of flying with my wife with one paid ticket and one award ticket, flying SWISS

I have eVouchers in my account (LH miles and more) and was wondering if I can use them for my flights:
1) Can I book an economy award ticket and upgrade to business using the eVouchers?
2) Can I upgrade an economy leg (class S) to business using eVouchers?

Thank you,
Joe.

Last edited by jjoe123; Apr 9, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jjoe123
Hello,
I'm planning of flying with my wife with one paid ticket and one award ticket, flying SWISS

I have eVouchers in my account (LH miles and more) and was wondering if I can use them for my flights:
1) Can I book an economy award ticket and upgrade to business using the eVouchers?
2) Can I upgrade an economy leg (class S) to business using eVouchers?

Thank you,
Joe.
You can upgrade an Economy ticket (except booking classes E, K, L, T) to Business using eVouchers provided there is availability in the award inventory. However, you cannot upgrade an award ticket with eVouchers.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
BTW, if someone sponsors you for an upgrade and works the M&M upgrade tool and there is no availability, the tool normally places you in the WL
My experience from yesterday - sponsored a friend on an OS flight via the online tool, and it went straight to WL. Fare is S, so no problems there, and the flight shows C wide open, even P9. Is there any chance to clear the WL any time soon? I called both DE and AT M&M, both claimed it is with the airline and there is no way of pushing it through, and there is a possibility for WL to clear up to 10 hours before departure. The flight is on June 27, and the evouchers are due to expire on June 30...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Don't worry, it will clear with the next revenue recalc (aprox April 27). About 7-10 days before departure the recalc is every day, if the pax has status you jump to the top of the WL. I WL-ed with a fellow FTers (who is FTL) evouchers about 10 days before departure and with 9 in the WL and 5 free seats my upgrade cleared 4 days before departure.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Don't worry, it will clear with the next revenue recalc (aprox April 27). About 7-10 days before departure the recalc is every day, if the pax has status you jump to the top of the WL. I WL-ed with a fellow FTers (who is FTL) evouchers about 10 days before departure and with 9 in the WL and 5 free seats my upgrade cleared 4 days before departure.
yeah, that is the reason to worry - while I as a sponsor am SEN, the pax has got no status at all. But will check after Apr 27, thanks for the hint!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:17 am

eVoucher from business to First

Hello,
can I use 2eVouchers to upgrade flight between ZRH-SFO or FRA-SFO from Business to First?
If so, from what business classes can I use the vouchers?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by jjoe123
Hello,
can I use 2eVouchers to upgrade flight between ZRH-SFO or FRA-SFO from Business to First?
If so, from what business classes can I use the vouchers?
Yes you can. And you want to fly from ZRH, you can upgrade from all C fare buckets on LX. From FRA you'll need C/D/J as P/Z won't work on LH.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:07 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Advice using eVoucher

My wife got 6 eVoucher expired 30/06 and no travel is planed till than for her.
Can I use them? How to use them to upgrade Z class on Swiss (as I understand you can upgrade form Z to F on Swiss flight) but I can't use the tools for it.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ym1
Can I use them? How to use them to upgrade Z class on Swiss (as I understand you can upgrade form Z to F on Swiss flight) but I can't use the tools for it.
Have your wife phone in and request the upgrades for you- your wife will need your PNR, the flight you want to upgrade, her M&M number, and her PIN. As long as the flights are available for upgrade and all the above information is available it will be done on the one phone call.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by ym1
Yes, you can use them to upgrade Z to F. Why do you say you can't use the tool?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.