Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eVoucher enhancement - now only valid 24 months

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
They can stop giving eVouchers to SENs because they are useless.
I think you miss their point: They will keep handing out these e-vouchers precisely for this reason!

A very "nice gesture" some people in this forum would cheer (or rather grumble?)!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andre1970
I think you miss their point: They will keep handing out these e-vouchers precisely for this reason!

A very "nice gesture" some people in this forum would cheer (or rather grumble?)!
OK, so you can still use 2 eVouchers to upgrade FRA-NUE or MUC-STR?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:43 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
OK, so you can still use 2 eVouchers to upgrade FRA-NUE or MUC-STR?
Yes, 2 eVouchers will get you guaranteed exit row seats.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Yes, 2 eVouchers will get you guaranteed exit row seats.
Until the Luftfahrtbundeskriminalhauptstrategieoberamt prohibits this as a a potential safety risk. Then the exit rows got to the biannual flyers with ADD kids or to the owner of the pengő-inflation eVouchers.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
I just sent the hon circle team a note, that I am surprised and displeased with this enhancement and suggested to them, they should at least allow a mix of upgrade instruments, e.g. pay a c-f upgrade with 1 evoucher and 27500 miles otherwise I do not know how to burn them all especially that poor sole and single e-voucher, that I am carrying around since 10 years now.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by mamb0
I just sent the hon circle team a note, that I am surprised and displeased with this enhancement and suggested to them, they should at least allow a mix of upgrade instruments, e.g. pay a c-f upgrade with 1 evoucher and 27500 miles otherwise I do not know how to burn them all especially that poor sole and single e-voucher, that I am carrying around since 10 years now.
Next time you have a service issue with LH ask for a single eVoucher instead of miles compensation. Then your back in the evens.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
I burnt all of mine on LH and LX this year from C to F as I am now undergoing a OW renewal and next year will be primarily OW. No more E vouchers here.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH FTL
M&M continues to do enhancements like this... this doesn't entice me to bring my business back to LH/OS/LX. 2.5 more years and I'll be a blue member again. M&M mileage count this year: 0 - and it will stay that way unless they become sane again at some point in time. Good for AirBerlin (their mileage program is no good, but at least the fares/taxes are less of a ripoff)

I sent the exact same message to the M&M team, and their reply was that they essentially don't care. Well - I know what to do (and which airlines not to fly...).

Last edited by crossings; Apr 30, 2010 at 12:03 am
Old Apr 29, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, IC, MilleMiglia
Well, my wife just suggested to get tickets for us and the two kids and burn the two eVouchers for sending the kids (3years and 7years) to C and let LH deal with them. I have to say that I quite like the idea ;-) not that I don't love them, but two hours or so of peace is an interesting concept...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:20 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
After long reading here and reading this:
* eVouchers credited by 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months, not expiring until 1 July 2013.
* eVouchers credited between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 will also expire on 1 July 2013 and are therefore valid for up to 36 months.
* All eVouchers credited from 1 April 2011 onwards will then be valid for 24 months.

I can't find answers:
what will be the validity of eVouchers that issued before 30-Jun-2010 (I saw Flying Lawyer wrote)?
Let assume the will be unlimited (just for assumption) when I would like to use eVouchers would I be able to inform which eVoucher to use (of-course I will use the limited ones first and keep the old good eVouchers), any idea? or as usual when we have new "enhancement" no one have an idea how it works include the LH stuff.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Thumbs down It's now official

Change to the validity of eVouchers

For several years upgrade vouchers have been credited to your account electronically and referred to as eVouchers.

Please note that in future eVouchers will expire after 24 months from the date they were credited to your account. If you have any unused electronic eVouchers, they will be subject to an expiry deadline in the future.

To give you as much flexibility as possible in using your eVouchers, the following transitional arrangements will apply to eVouchers that have already been credited but not yet redeemed:

* eVouchers credited by 30 June 2010 will remain valid for a further 36 months, not expiring until 1 July 2013.
* eVouchers credited between 1 July 2010 and 30 March 2011 will also expire on 1 July 2013 and are therefore valid for up to 36 months.
* All eVouchers credited from 1 April 2011 onwards will then be valid for 24 months.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Old Apr 30, 2010, 3:48 am

Please note that in future eVouchers will expire after 24 months from the date they were credited to your account. If you have any unused electronic eVouchers, they will be subject to an expiry deadline in the future.
Currently eVouchers don't have the date when they were credited to our account. I wonder if in future they will be date-stamped. How else do we know when they will expire - 24 months from some arbitrary date in November when they appear in our account?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:45 am

Currently eVouchers don't have the date when they were credited to our account.
a brief look into your account history will render this statement wrong...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by sentom
a brief look into your account history will render this statement wrong...
You are absolutely correct. ^ But it doesn't seem like an intuitive way to find out for anyone with a vast number of transactions in their account history.

I wonder if LH will remind you as they do with expiring miles.
Old May 1, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by weero
Luftfahrtbundeskriminalhauptstrategieoberamt
Oh these guys were too busy to stop all the flying over Germany because the ash-cloud-hoax!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.