Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eVoucher enhancement - now only valid 24 months

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
They probably face accounting issues with so many unlimited "liabilities" out there...
But having tons of miles from newspaper subscriptions out there waiting to be used is OK for them?

I wouldn't mind if they would apply the same rules to eVouchers as they apply to miles, but giving them a validity of only 24 months even if you hold status???
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: LH/OS SEN, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Maybe lets ask a lawyerish question: Can they do this? We all acquired the vouchers with indefinite validity. An e-voucher appears to me like a bond under German law and it entitles me to request a certain service without any limitations in time. They can certainly change the rules for newly issued vouchers, however I have - without having done any deeper legal review - strong doubts that you can change the conditions of a bond issued.....

I feel tempted (for next week) to draft a letter to Lufty, post it as a template here on FT and invite everybody to send it to Lufty by white mail, giving them a bit of work to do. What do you guys think?
+1

I would do it just to give them some meaningful work to do - even if chances are slim; they must be horribly bored after that volcano disaster!

I find it a really GREAT enhancement. For a SEN like me they are rather unusable when the new rules come into force - as I am travelling usually all long hauls with my wife, I am saving them to have at least four in order to be able to upgrade both of us. This will not be possible any more ...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
...I feel tempted (for next week) to draft a letter to Lufty, post it as a template here on FT and invite everybody to send it to Lufty by white mail, giving them a bit of work to do. What do you guys think?
+1 !
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: LX
I feel tempted (for next week) to draft a letter to Lufty, post it as a template here on FT and invite everybody to send it to Lufty by white mail, giving them a bit of work to do. What do you guys think?
+1

I'm actually one of the poor SEN souls who gets 2 eVouchers every 2 years, waits for another requalification period of another 2 years to than have 4 eVouchers which enable me to upgrade one long haul with my wife and they are trying to take this HUGE benefit away for cost savings?

how is that???
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
I really don`t understand why you all are complaining.

Instead of collecting for years the eVouchers you could have used them (and still can use them). In case you always travel first - lucky you - why not give them as a present to other passengers (your family, your friends, your colleagues)?

I just redeemed two eVouchers to upgrade a friend from Z to O (first) on LX.
Neither a friend nor myself travel in Z. Therefore no use of the vouchers at the moment.

I often travel in cheap eco with paid tickets or in C/F with mileage tickets.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by connex2me
... but only on booking classes Y/B/C/D, correct?
Under the *A upgrade scam .. ehm scheme.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by weero
Under the *A upgrade scam .. ehm scheme.
you can also upgrade other UA booking classes. so two vouchers are a pretty good use on a LAX/SFO-SYD v.v. for instance...
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:51 am

Can someone summarize the rules for eVoucher usage?
- Which classes are upgradeable?
- Are connecting flights included in the upgrade?
- Does award booking guarantee for HONs work on eVouchers?
- Can I grant them to parents or friends not travelling with me?
- How do I use them on other airlines (through LH call center?)
- Can I upgrade award reservations (suppose not)

I have almost 30 eVouchers in my account, time to start burning a few.

Last edited by CalFlyer; Apr 24, 2010 at 4:00 am
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Can someone summarize the rules for eVoucher usage?
- Which classes are upgradeable?
- Are connecting flights included in the upgrade?
- Does award booking guarantee for HONs work on eVouchers?
- Can I grant them to parents or friends not travelling with me?
- How do I use them on other airlines (through LH call center?)
- Can I upgrade award reservations (suppose not)

I will answer what I can.
You can upgrade on Z to first class, which is the best value IMHO.
2 evouchers=1 long haul segment. 1 evoucher=1 short haul segment.
No award booking guarantee, but at least upgrading to F clears most of the time.
You can use for other people as you wish.
LH call centre will help you with other airlines. The best value here in my experience is SQ.
Award reservations can not be upgraded.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:12 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
I can't understand why everybody is complaining. Of course, they could have said 4 years it would have made sense. But then, you can easily book the outbound in Y and inbound in C and use your upgrade then (works with LX and I think should be possible soon on LH).
And if the trip in C is paid, upgrade to F. I doubt your other half is always on travelling with you ...
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:54 am

I dont get why anyone is complaining either.
Whats the advantage of an E voucher over miles?
Ive just used my 2 evouchers for my flight and 50k miles for my GFs flight.
(usually upgrading from Z, C or D into F(A))
Since you only get them when you are sen or hon you should have enough miles to upgrade your spouse with those instead of waiting for another 2 vouchers?
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
There you go: You have clearly demonstrated to LH management that you don't need them anyway. They have now relieved you of the pressure to use them. It's only for your best !
Alles für diesen Moment !
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I also do not know why people are complaining. I am using my eVouchers almost immediatly after they show up on my account. I am always flying Y and make ~6 trips (i.e. 12 transatlantic segments) Europe-US per year and am collecting ~150.000 miles per year. For 50.000 miles per segment to upgrade Y to C with miles, I can enjoy 3 out of 12 segments in C per year. So the two eVouchers per two years are more than welcome to me to be able to upgrade one additional transatlantic flight. So I never have excess miles or eVoucher. As pointed out, even if you are flying F all the time, there are ample ways to spend your eVouchers to upgrade flights of family, friends, colleagues traveling with you.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
I can't understand why everybody is complaining.
That's the spirit of any good geisterfahrer - seeing the problem in the reaction of masses ^ !
..Of course, they could have said 4 years it would have made sense.

They could have shut up for once ... keeping the status quo wasn't an option?
..But then, you can easily book the outbound in Y and inbound in C and use your upgrade then (works with LX and I think should be possible soon on LH)..
Er even better: fly with a reasonable airline that has 20th century biz seats and credit the miles to an FFP which is not a total fraud. Once my miles are burnt this will be my solution, no doubt.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by weero

They could have shut up for once ... keeping the status quo wasn't an option?
Indeed, this is how LH has trained us. We would now consider an expiration date of 4 years to be a real enhancement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.