Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounge at Detroit [DTW]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Does anybody know if this lounge offers Free Wi-Fi (in the Senator or the Business class lounge sections?)
Yes free wifi is available in the lounge, just ask the code.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:48 pm
hch

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH has T-Mobile Germany hotspots in all the lounges they operate. Its not free, only in the F lounges in FRA/MUC you are handed a card with a code for free access. These cards work at any LH lounge.

LH regrets the fact they signed the long term contract with T-Mobile at a time when wifi was still something you could charge for
If you are flying First or HON you can get the T-Mobile vouchers at any LH lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:15 pm

Can anyone help to resolve a gentle debate we are having on the UA forum? I have been in the SEN lounge many times myself very recently, as early as 8am, and asked specifically for the opening hours. I was told 0530hrs, reports on the UA are 0500hrs, but this is under debate. The German language LH site doesn't display hours of operation for this lounge.

Any assistance with confirming the hours? Thank you.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Another nice service @DTW:

New curbside check-in service at Detroit Airport
01/04/2011
Lufthansa launches curbside check-in service at Detroit Airport

Effective April 1, 2011, Lufthansa offers a unique curbside check-in and baggage check service for free to HON Circle Members, Senators, Star Alliance Gold members as well as First or Business Class passengers departing from Detroit Metropolitan Airport North Terminal to Frankfurt and beyond.

Lufthansa is the only airline allowing international passengers departing from Detroit to check their bags and receive a boarding pass directly at the curb. Eligible passengers can then proceed directly to security screening - speeding travel through the airport by bypassing the regular check-in counter.

The curbside counter will be open from 2:30pm to 5:30pm and the check-in deadline is one hour before departure.

Comfort and convenience brought to you by Lufthansa.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Another nice service @DTW:
Great news!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 7:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by exbayern
Can anyone help to resolve a gentle debate we are having on the UA forum? I have been in the SEN lounge many times myself very recently, as early as 8am, and asked specifically for the opening hours. I was told 0530hrs, reports on the UA are 0500hrs, but this is under debate. The German language LH site doesn't display hours of operation for this lounge.

Any assistance with confirming the hours? Thank you.
The lounge is open 0530 to 1830.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:27 pm

Came there yesterday at 6am and saw that they only keep the SEN side open with a few snack foods and one simple meal offering.

Sitting here right now and it seems at 3pm the business side opens and the SEN sides offerings are upgraded a bit (salads, soups, hot and cold buffet meals) all with F silverware and C glasses.

Whats amusing is the stories people tell at the entrance (lost card, DYKWIA, UA UGS some years ago, flying business tomorrow etc) The lounge warden continues to smile and patiently checks all possibilities to allow people in, including making a call to UA or CO to check the validity of the *G^ Sadly half of the people trying are indeed faking it
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles: Elite
LH Senator Lounge closed in DTW today (2/13/13) - any idea why?

The LH Senator Lounge in DTW has a sign saying it will be closed all day today (2/13/13).

Does anyone know whether this happens often, and why they'd do this?

Of course, I have 2-1/2 hours in DTW to kill and only my *G card for company . . .
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Umasoba
The LH Senator Lounge in DTW has a sign saying it will be closed all day today (2/13/13).

Of course, I have 2-1/2 hours in DTW to kill and only my *G card for company . . .
Is there a DTW departure on LH scheduled today? If not that is probably why they are closed.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Umasoba

Lufthansa typically pulls frequencies in the off-season... they did not run LH442/443 on 2/13, so that's why the lounge was closed.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:23 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Agent attempted to deny me Senator lounge access in Detroit

Maybe I've been wrong all these years; let me know.

My understanding is that my UA gold status allows me access to LH Senator lounges and not just LH Business lounges.

I fly to Detroit every year or so for business. I always stop by the LH lounge, and have always been steered to the lounge to the left of the entrance. The lounges (left and right) are not well marked (if at all?) and I always thought it was a crappy lounge because,...well...it's Detroit. So a couple of weeks ago I entered the lounge and, as usual, I find no food of substance so for the first time I head for the lounge on the right of the door looking for anything (as I was hungry). The desk agent said "You can't go in there, that's the Senator lounge!". I replies that my status allowed me Senator lounge entrance and asked to speak to her supervisor. She relented.

Bottom line, in Detroit the food offerings were night and day different. I actually had a very nice lunch. In other LH lounges I have not seen such a disparity between Senator and Business, but in Detroit it's significant.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
SEN lounges are marked by LH as *gold, so you should get access without any troubles.

In Europe, the food-related difference between SEN vs Business lounges is negligible and often non-existent. Detroit may be different. Also better food and more choice at the SEN lounge at JFK (upstairs) vs the Business lounge there (downstairs).
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:48 am

At LHR the food choice in the SEN is better than in the basic J lounge. But you walk through the J to get to the SEN part. So, you can inspect the food offering in case they have something interesting there that’s not available in the SEN.

A few few weeks ago I flew QR F from FRA and had to use a really poor lounge close to the gate. The actual gate lounge was a J one and had a better selection of snack food like sandwiches.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:00 am

In DTW LH has changed the operations of the lounge. It is now run by AHS and also offered as a Priority Pass facility. Around noon the left side becomes the low end PP lounge and the right side gets the upgraded catering (with little menu placards saying 'Senator' ) ahead of the FRA departure. *G with same day *A BP or UA F pax can go into that right side. You don't want to go to the new left side, its low end booze and packaged snacks. LH needs the money from the PP guests.

In 2008 when LH opened the lounge in the new DTW N Terminal the SEN section was on the left and had better booze and food. But back then they had two daily departures to FRA.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by Greenpen
At LHR the food choice in the SEN is better than in the basic J lounge. But you walk through the J to get to the SEN part. So, you can inspect the food offering in case they have something interesting there that’s not available in the SEN.

A few few weeks ago I flew QR F from FRA and had to use a really poor lounge close to the gate. The actual gate lounge was a J one and had a better selection of snack food like sandwiches.
In LHR i found no difference between the C and the SEN Lounge. In MUC and FRA the difference is very small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.