Wiki Posts
Search

Volcanic ash cloud impacts LH flight operations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:08 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Official LH Real Person
First post updated (probably final update)

Thank you to all who have given positive feedback of LH handling. It will be presented to management accordingly!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:36 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Originally Posted by NightFly
I even got the credit automatically, just like if I was flying. No claims required ^
same here - but then it disappeared again ! Used the online form to request credit again but nothing so far.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by banzani
same here - but then it disappeared again ! Used the online form to request credit again but nothing so far.
Exactly, been unpleasantly surprised to find that out right now Even my flight that I actually flown on the 16th disappeared. Just contacted them via e-mail form, will see what happens.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by igor82j
However, i will think twice before i fly lufthansa next time. For example, AirBerlin has been much more flexible with rebooking the other cancelled ticket of mine, and when we consider that their prices are much lower and the service much better... There IS a better way to fly

my experience: i had flight booked online for italy -> england on lufthansa and alitalia both

for a period of 48+ hours (saturday-monday), i placed literally 100+ calls to lufthansa numbers in USA, Canada, UK, Germany, and Austria. (easy to do with Skype). this was spread over all times (early morning, late night, past midnight, etc). most calls failed to dial through (NA numbers). the rest either were put on interminable automatic holds, or put on hold and quickly disconnected. not ONCE was i able to speak to a live lufthansa representative

conversely, on alitalia, on my 1st call (saturday) i was able to get an agent, who confirmed me on Wednesday flight. Tuesday night when it was announced most Wed AM flights were canceled, I called again and on the 4th call attempt i grabbed an agent who confirmed Wed PM flight.

The flight was on. Got to the airport, virtually 0 check-in line, snagged exit row aisle seat, 0-security line, a little slow for boarding, but I made it home.

As a non-status SkyTeam member this was as smoother than flying *G on StarA!

Now I dont know if I even dare to try call LH to get my refund.....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Nice. AZ better than LH

The two things we have to admit is that

A: Italy in general was open for traveling so AZ was not anywhere as impacted as LH

B LH is "slightly" larger in operations and therefore had more to handle/deal with.

Still, ^ to AZ!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Do you really want to spend every day in the FCL even if they let you?

But I'm a bit confused. If your trip originates in LEJ and flights between LEJ and MUC are not operating you'll be stranded in LEJ and cannot access the FCL in MUC.
No, let's say I arrive at MUC and then it's shut down.... Would I really want to spend every day in the FCL? Are you kidding me? Heck F'ing Ja! I could gorge on awesome food, drink myself silly on 18 y.o. bourbon, and then sleep it off on a day bed. ^
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Javan69
No, let's say I arrive at MUC and then it's shut down.... Would I really want to spend every day in the FCL? Are you kidding me? Heck F'ing Ja! I could gorge on awesome food, drink myself silly on 18 y.o. bourbon, and then sleep it off on a day bed. ^
I hope you are not suggesting there will be more volcanic activities to disrupt air travel in Europe.

Surely there must be a better way to maximize your experience in the FCL. Some hints.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
B LH is "slightly" larger in operations and therefore had more to handle/deal with.
And, should have proportionally "slightly" greater resources to start with...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: EBG
Hi

I'm experiencing some problems with Lufthansa. I have a C class ticket UME -SK- ARN -LH- MUC -LH- GRU and back the same way. The first flight UME - ARN took place earlier today. I was not on the flight because yesterday I took the train to CPH (arrived at lunch time today) and at 6PM an SK flight from CPH to MUC.

The reason I was not on todays flight UME - ARN is my fear of the volcanic ashes. A lot of airports in Sweden were closed yesterday and I NEED to be in Sao Paulo on Monday. My travel agency called LH before I took the train yesterday because they could not remove the first two segments of the flight because the flights were married and made on the same PNR. LH said it was no problem to do this due to the special circumstances.

Earlier today when I arrived in MUC I went to the LH service center to check that everything was OK for tomorrow’s flight MUC - GRU. Now the lady behind the desk says she can’t see a note in my booking that my travel agency called LH and cleared the issue. She said that if I can’t get the clearing via my travel agency the only way for me to get a seat on the flight is to purchase a new ticket (which now cost 1600 € more than the original one).

I can’t believe what she says. How can she not help me with this?? My company have paid 4500 € for the tickets and if I wouldn’t have checked with the LH service center in MUC I would try to check-in tomorrow with no success. Is this the way to treat a customer with a paid C ticket that actually is being pro active in his efforts to fly with LH?

My travel agency is working on this as we speak and I hope they can clear the matter tomorrow before the flight. Or else I can promise you that I will make great great efforts to never fly LH ever again.

What should I do if my travel agency can't help me?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by fbflyer
...What should I do if my travel agency can't help me?
Paging LHRelate... (even though I guess she is too busy or should be taking a well-deserved break!).
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Nice. AZ better than LH

The two things we have to admit is that

A: Italy in general was open for traveling so AZ was not anywhere as impacted as LH

Still, ^ to AZ!
+1 - I had good laugh...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomad1974
Paging LHRelate... (even though I guess she is too busy or should be taking a well-deserved break!).
Hi all,

Friday I was working on other things and did not get a chance to see fbflyer's dilemma - it is probably too late now I guess

fbflyer, if there's still time for me to look at your booking please send me a PM.

Sorry!
Michelle
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LHrelate
... claims for reimbursement etc. of volcano expenses should still go to Customer Relations...
Thanks, Michelle. Sorry if I've missed something obvious but I've scoured the LH website without finding CR's mailing address (i.e., for sending in receipts). Any links or pointers greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Henry
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi Henry,

Try on LH.com under "Help & Contact" (top of page), then "Complaints & Compliments" then "post or fax" and choose your country to get the proper address.

Again, volume is much higher than usual so of course response time is the same, but we're doing our very best to get to all claims as quickly as possible.

Best,
Michelle
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LHrelate
Try on LH.com under "Help & Contact" (top of page), then "Complaints & Compliments" then "post or fax" and choose your country to get the proper address.

Again, volume is much higher than usual so of course response time is the same, but we're doing our very best to get to all claims as quickly as possible.
Thanks a lot.

cheers,

Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.