Volcanic ash cloud impacts LH flight operations

Old Apr 16, 10, 12:48 pm
  #76  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Meadow, NY
Programs: Official LH Real Person
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by peter42 View Post
Is this valid for X,I or O as well?
I was just coming back to post this having talked to M&M just now (please forgive me, I am in Sales still and so all correspondence I receive has to do with revenue tickets).

Award tickets must be rebooked on LH ops and into award inventory.

I know this really limits your options and I wish I could change it If I learn that it changes I will definitely post asap.


Best,
Michelle
LHrelate is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 12:51 pm
  #77  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Meadow, NY
Programs: Official LH Real Person
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by Danau View Post
I just got to the Lufthansa website and it told me that LH441 out of Houston tomorrow afternoon at 4:35 PM is still on schedule. Can this be confirmed> It also told me only flights through noon tomorrow are the ones that are impacted by this problem (so far). Can this be confirmed also?
441/17APR has not yet been canceled. However it remains a high possibility based on the situation which changes constantly.

As of 15 minutes ago, all flights from US/CA/LatAm for 16APR are canceled.

First post is updated, LH.com should also be soon.
LHrelate is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:04 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by LHrelate View Post
I was just coming back to post this having talked to M&M just now (please forgive me, I am in Sales still and so all correspondence I receive has to do with revenue tickets).

Award tickets must be rebooked on LH ops and into award inventory.

I know this really limits your options and I wish I could change it If I learn that it changes I will definitely post asap.


Best,
Michelle
Thank you for the feedback.


Fortunately I am at home and not affected yet.

But flysurfer just wrote, that mumilein war refused rebooking (based on a paid ticket) into a different booking class within the same cabin.
peter42 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:24 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
LAX outbound

Latest on lufthansa.com is that all flights our of LAX are cancelled today. I'm on 453, LAX-MUC....is that canceled? I've been getting mixed signals throughout the day.

If canceled, how do I rebook into FCO? (I'm flying LAX-MUC-FCO). I booked a UAL award ticket. Do I have to go through UAL, or will LH rebook me? We're headed to our own wedding and don't know what to do!

Thanks.
rsilvers is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:35 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
Latest on lufthansa.com is that all flights our of LAX are cancelled today. I'm on 453, LAX-MUC....is that canceled? I've been getting mixed signals throughout the day.

If canceled, how do I rebook into FCO? (I'm flying LAX-MUC-FCO). I booked a UAL award ticket. Do I have to go through UAL, or will LH rebook me? We're headed to our own wedding and don't know what to do!

Thanks.
IMHO if LH cancels the flight they have to rebook you according to EU261/2004 since it is an EU-carrier on an EU-bound flight.
peter42 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:43 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
Thanks Peter42. Does that apply to me even though I booked through UA using UA miles? And if so, should I be working with LH to get rebooked, or UA?

Thanks.
rsilvers is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:50 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,406
Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
Thanks Peter42. Does that apply to me even though I booked through UA using UA miles? And if so, should I be working with LH to get rebooked, or UA?

Thanks.
Here is is the text: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...01:0007:en:PDF

Clearly the operating carrier is in charge.
peter42 is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:36 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MCT
Programs: LH SEN; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D
Posts: 149
HON Service refuses to rebook me on another carrier (IB) despite availability. According to the EU regulation, however, I am entitled to be rebooked. Can you confirm that LH is only rebooking on LH metal, Michelle, and if so, why?
This is somewhat and unfortunately in line with the constant refusal to arrange for or reimburse accomodation costs, as was reported here. Thanks a lot!
malinche is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:51 pm
  #84  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 27,570
Michelle,

Your email hasn't reached me so I sent you another one, but I think you have already answered my question.
NewbieRunner is online now  
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:13 pm
  #85  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Meadow, NY
Programs: Official LH Real Person
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by malinche View Post
HON Service refuses to rebook me on another carrier (IB) despite availability. According to the EU regulation, however, I am entitled to be rebooked. Can you confirm that LH is only rebooking on LH metal, Michelle, and if so, why?
This is somewhat and unfortunately in line with the constant refusal to arrange for or reimburse accomodation costs, as was reported here. Thanks a lot!
The directive to rebook award tickets to LH metal in award inventory has been confirmed to me by top management.

Revenue tickets are rebookable to other carriers in the same cabin (same fare inventory not needed).

With the strike it took a little longer to get authorization to rebook award space onto M&M partners as well. Can't guarantee that will happen but it did last time so I guess there's a chance.
LHrelate is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:17 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: hamburg
Posts: 1,386
tool

for those of you using iphone, this app gives information about flights cancelled a lot faster and more accurate than anythong i got from any of the LH sources including sen service, who put me on hold for more than 20 minutes 4 times before talking to somebody, who then told me they do not have up to date info and recommended i should have taken the train first place.

the app is called "flight track" and -other than "flight guru" is not just domestic US but includes Europe..
it is like 7 Euro, though...

anyway, good luck everybody, including myself!

Karsten

Last edited by sunseeker; Apr 16, 10 at 3:32 pm
sunseeker is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:51 pm
  #87  
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Meadow, NY
Programs: Official LH Real Person
Posts: 726
btw first post was updated (I updated it then got stuck on a phone call and just remembered to mention it now!)
LHrelate is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:31 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MCT
Programs: LH SEN; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by LHrelate View Post
The directive to rebook award tickets to LH metal in award inventory has been confirmed to me by top management.

Revenue tickets are rebookable to other carriers in the same cabin (same fare inventory not needed).

With the strike it took a little longer to get authorization to rebook award space onto M&M partners as well. Can't guarantee that will happen but it did last time so I guess there's a chance.
Thanks a lot. It is a revenue ticket, but they still refuse to rebook. I will keep on trying
malinche is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:53 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tübingen, Germany
Posts: 2,732
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by malinche
Originally Posted by LHrelate View Post
The directive to rebook award tickets to LH metal in award inventory has been confirmed to me by top management.

Revenue tickets are rebookable to other carriers in the same cabin (same fare inventory not needed).

With the strike it took a little longer to get authorization to rebook award space onto M&M partners as well. Can't guarantee that will happen but it did last time so I guess there's a chance.
Thanks a lot. It is a revenue ticket, but they still refuse to rebook. I will keep on trying
Just git of the phone with Hon Service - same answer - no rebooking to any other airline on a paid ticket...

So what is the to be believed ???

Cheers

Thomas
tcswede is offline  
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:55 pm
  #90  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Posts: 14,501
So all outbound flights on the 17th towards North America nd Latin America are cancelled.
What about Asia bound flights ?
Rambuster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: