Volcanic ash cloud impacts LH flight operations

Old Apr 16, 10, 12:48 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Originally Posted by peter42 View Post
Is this valid for X,I or O as well?
I was just coming back to post this having talked to M&M just now (please forgive me, I am in Sales still and so all correspondence I receive has to do with revenue tickets).

Award tickets must be rebooked on LH ops and into award inventory.

I know this really limits your options and I wish I could change it If I learn that it changes I will definitely post asap.

Best,
Michelle
Old Apr 16, 10, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Danau View Post
I just got to the Lufthansa website and it told me that LH441 out of Houston tomorrow afternoon at 4:35 PM is still on schedule. Can this be confirmed> It also told me only flights through noon tomorrow are the ones that are impacted by this problem (so far). Can this be confirmed also?
441/17APR has not yet been canceled. However it remains a high possibility based on the situation which changes constantly.

As of 15 minutes ago, all flights from US/CA/LatAm for 16APR are canceled.

First post is updated, LH.com should also be soon.
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:04 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LHrelate View Post
I was just coming back to post this having talked to M&M just now (please forgive me, I am in Sales still and so all correspondence I receive has to do with revenue tickets).

Award tickets must be rebooked on LH ops and into award inventory.

I know this really limits your options and I wish I could change it If I learn that it changes I will definitely post asap.

Best,
Michelle
Thank you for the feedback.

Fortunately I am at home and not affected yet.

But flysurfer just wrote, that mumilein war refused rebooking (based on a paid ticket) into a different booking class within the same cabin.
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:24 pm

LAX outbound

Latest on lufthansa.com is that all flights our of LAX are cancelled today. I'm on 453, LAX-MUC....is that canceled? I've been getting mixed signals throughout the day.

If canceled, how do I rebook into FCO? (I'm flying LAX-MUC-FCO). I booked a UAL award ticket. Do I have to go through UAL, or will LH rebook me? We're headed to our own wedding and don't know what to do!

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
Latest on lufthansa.com is that all flights our of LAX are cancelled today. I'm on 453, LAX-MUC....is that canceled? I've been getting mixed signals throughout the day.

If canceled, how do I rebook into FCO? (I'm flying LAX-MUC-FCO). I booked a UAL award ticket. Do I have to go through UAL, or will LH rebook me? We're headed to our own wedding and don't know what to do!

Thanks.
IMHO if LH cancels the flight they have to rebook you according to EU261/2004 since it is an EU-carrier on an EU-bound flight.
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:43 pm

Thanks Peter42. Does that apply to me even though I booked through UA using UA miles? And if so, should I be working with LH to get rebooked, or UA?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 10, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
Thanks Peter42. Does that apply to me even though I booked through UA using UA miles? And if so, should I be working with LH to get rebooked, or UA?

Thanks.
Here is is the text: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...01:0007:en:PDF

Clearly the operating carrier is in charge.
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D
HON Service refuses to rebook me on another carrier (IB) despite availability. According to the EU regulation, however, I am entitled to be rebooked. Can you confirm that LH is only rebooking on LH metal, Michelle, and if so, why?
This is somewhat and unfortunately in line with the constant refusal to arrange for or reimburse accomodation costs, as was reported here. Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 16, 10, 2:51 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Michelle,

Your email hasn't reached me so I sent you another one, but I think you have already answered my question.
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malinche View Post
HON Service refuses to rebook me on another carrier (IB) despite availability. According to the EU regulation, however, I am entitled to be rebooked. Can you confirm that LH is only rebooking on LH metal, Michelle, and if so, why?
This is somewhat and unfortunately in line with the constant refusal to arrange for or reimburse accomodation costs, as was reported here. Thanks a lot!
The directive to rebook award tickets to LH metal in award inventory has been confirmed to me by top management.

Revenue tickets are rebookable to other carriers in the same cabin (same fare inventory not needed).

With the strike it took a little longer to get authorization to rebook award space onto M&M partners as well. Can't guarantee that will happen but it did last time so I guess there's a chance.
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:17 pm

tool

for those of you using iphone, this app gives information about flights cancelled a lot faster and more accurate than anythong i got from any of the LH sources including sen service, who put me on hold for more than 20 minutes 4 times before talking to somebody, who then told me they do not have up to date info and recommended i should have taken the train first place.

the app is called "flight track" and -other than "flight guru" is not just domestic US but includes Europe..
it is like 7 Euro, though...

anyway, good luck everybody, including myself!

Karsten

Last edited by sunseeker; Apr 16, 10 at 3:32 pm
Old Apr 16, 10, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

btw first post was updated (I updated it then got stuck on a phone call and just remembered to mention it now!)
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D
The directive to rebook award tickets to LH metal in award inventory has been confirmed to me by top management.

Revenue tickets are rebookable to other carriers in the same cabin (same fare inventory not needed).

With the strike it took a little longer to get authorization to rebook award space onto M&M partners as well. Can't guarantee that will happen but it did last time so I guess there's a chance.
Thanks a lot. It is a revenue ticket, but they still refuse to rebook. I will keep on trying
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:53 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by malinche

Thanks a lot. It is a revenue ticket, but they still refuse to rebook. I will keep on trying
Just git of the phone with Hon Service - same answer - no rebooking to any other airline on a paid ticket...

So what is the to be believed ???

Cheers

Thomas
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
So all outbound flights on the 17th towards North America nd Latin America are cancelled.
What about Asia bound flights ?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: