Volcanic ash cloud impacts LH flight operations

Old May 10, 10, 10:36 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by econprof View Post
Yup... cool pic... looks familiar!
... on my MUC-SFO flight last Monday we flew over ... Trondheim, much further north. I thought we're hijacked for a few moments. mf
Old May 16, 10, 10:31 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
MAN & BHX closed

From EZE, currently stuck in FCL B, obviously worse places to get stuck because of this volcanic ash MAN & BHX flights currently cancelled & may have to overnight in Sheraton ( thanks LH ).

Worse still they have run out of ducks here
Old May 16, 10, 11:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
From EZE, currently stuck in FCL B, obviously worse places to get stuck because of this volcanic ash MAN & BHX flights currently cancelled & may have to overnight in Sheraton ( thanks LH ).

Worse still they have run out of ducks here
MAN has been closed all day but BHX is only closing in 45 mins' time. It looks like LH cancelled FRA-BHX flights prematurely. LH4904 could have operated and LH4905 could have left BHX before it closed.

Still being stranded in FCL B is better than being stranded in BHX.
Old May 16, 10, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
MAN has been closed all day but BHX is only closing in 45 mins' time. It looks like LH cancelled FRA-BHX flights prematurely. LH4904 could have operated and LH4905 could have left BHX before it closed.

Still being stranded in FCL B is better than being stranded in BHX.
You are totally correct on all the above ^
Old Jun 25, 10, 4:59 am

Back in April when the volcano disruptions were heaviest, I misquoted Rule 261, saying that I didn't hotel costs would be covered. Several people disagreed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry for Rule 261:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulat...#Applicability

Note under the Cancellation section that an exception to the requirement to provide (among other items) accommodations is made when "the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances that could not have been avoided by any reasonable measure". I would be surprised if some type of force majeure/Act of God exception did not exist in every rule of every country.

What you are saying is absolutely wrong. Even the link you provided proves that…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Note under the Cancellation section that an exception to the requirement to provide (among other items) accommodations is made when "the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances that could not have been avoided by any reasonable measure". I would be surprised if some type of force majeure/Act of God exception did not exist in every rule of every country.

The link clearly states that the exception is only in reference to compensation, not accommodation.

I thought I'd see how this turned out and I read a few threads today. Maybe I missed some posts about payments but it seems LH hasn't paid very many claims.

Does anyone still think the majority of the hotel claims will be paid?
Old Jun 25, 10, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
I thought I'd see how this turned out and I read a few threads today. Maybe I missed some posts about payments but it seems LH hasn't paid very many claims.

Does anyone still think the majority of the hotel claims will be paid?
They didn't, because they'd calculated a dent in their public image is worth less then the money they should fork out to everyone affected.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: