Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcanic ash cloud impacts LH flight operations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Submit the original booking paperwork to M&M and ask them to post the miles for the original routing. I did this online after the snow chaos using the webform for M&M topics under contact giving the booking code and original ticket numbers and the correction was done within a week.
And here´s the reply I just got from [email protected]:

Dear Mr NightFly,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We regret to inform you that we cannot comply with your request for mileage credit for the flights to Prague under booking code ABCDEF. You must actually board your flight or utilise the partner service that you booked as unused ticket coupons cannot be taken into consideration, despite the circumstances at that time. For further information about a refund, please call the Lufthansa Service Centre on +49 (0)1805-805 805 or 0800-850 6070 or visit the website under www.lufthansa.com > Current Travel Information > Lufthansa extends flight plan gradually.
Funny thing is that I DID fly the first segment, which was posted and removed a few days later (although on a diferent flight than booked - flew one flight earlier) and only my second segment was cxld. OK, paperwork then

Last edited by NightFly; Apr 26, 2010 at 6:58 am
Old May 8, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
ash again

just wanted to bump this thread up.
i expect MUC to be closed tommorow. (hopefully it rains, and we can all fly safely tommorow)

dp
Old May 9, 2010, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan
just wanted to bump this thread up.
i expect MUC to be closed tommorow. (hopefully it rains, and we can all fly safely tommorow)

dp
Hello.

Where do you find your info?
I fly to Asia from MUC Monday...I guess at the 23 hour mark for online check-in that something new info may appear?

Danke!

Last edited by travelblond; May 9, 2010 at 12:52 am Reason: grammar
Old May 9, 2010, 1:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travelblond
Where do you find your info?
I fly to Asia from MUC Monday...I guess at the 23 hour mark for online check-in that something new info may appear?
It seems unlikely that MUC will be affected in the next 24 hours according to the maps linked from Eurocontrol on Twitter.
Old May 9, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Seems like a fair number of delays today at FRA, ostensibly because of the ash cloud.
Old May 9, 2010, 5:10 am

But will it be open tomorrow?

I have already booked Eurostar next Sunday in case the cloud prevents my FRA LHR on the Friday (which friends working for ATC wont rule out).
Old May 9, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle
But will it be open tomorrow?

I have already booked Eurostar next Sunday in case the cloud prevents my FRA LHR on the Friday (which friends working for ATC wont rule out).
everything seems eventually to be flying, just with delays and southerly flight routes
Old May 9, 2010, 5:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

If you look at this Eurocontrol map you can see how TATL flights must be affected.

http://www.eurocontrol.int/corporate...TC-toFL350.pdf
Old May 9, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
just received a SMS, MAD-MUC @ 18h is cancelled, asked to call LH - waiting in line for 30 mins, no joy.
Old May 9, 2010, 7:33 am

MUC was closed at 3pm for a at least a few hours...
Old May 9, 2010, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by sentom
Seating in the Sen Cafe an announcment was made at about 14:20 that all flights are delayed/canceled. Obviously long lines at both the ticketing desks and phone lines, but lounges seem to be quite empty.
Old May 9, 2010, 8:56 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by sentom
My parents are on today's cancelled MUC-SFO flight. We'll see who gets through first, my calling Lufthansa USA, or his waiting in a mile-long queue.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:14 am

Airspace over Southern Germany, Austria and Northern Italy closed due to ash clowd

Due to a new ash clowd the airspace over Southern Germany has temporarily been closed today, Sunday 09 MAY 2010, from 15:00 local time Germany. Flight operations at Stuttgart (estimated until 19:00) and Munich (estimated until 02:00) and as well at Austrian and North-Italian airports is affected. Several flights have been cancelled. Some longhaul flights with destination Munich have been diverted to Frankfurt.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002
Old May 9, 2010, 9:15 am

Cancelled SWISS flights due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland

A new extension of the ash cloud produced by the volcanic eruption in Iceland has reached parts of Europe again. This has disrupted flight operations in some regions and forced a few airports to temporarily close. Following flights had to be cancelled so far:.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/various/...ed-flights.pdf
Old May 9, 2010, 9:19 am

MUC is a mess when it comes to rebooking right now. Long lines everywhere, first class ticketing only has one agent on duty...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.