Search

FTL Baggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M-FQT / HHonors SLV / LHW LeadersClub
FTL Baggage Tags

Hi Guys

All new to this forum; and for a good start I thought of coming along with a real nice dumb question for you folks:

What happened to the M&M Frequent Traveller Baggage Tags? Like these:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_q9BsebZ5D-...r+alliance.jpg

I dont see them anymore around the airports: did M&M stop giving them away? Are people too ashamed using them caus they all wanna be SENS or do the FQTs leather buy the red tags on eBay and put their card then in there???

Questions over questions: thnx for your contributions and posts.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 4:12 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G)
M&M still gives these out (and you can also have them send new ones on request). I normally use them on my checked-in baggage. For showing off, you'd rather want a SEN or HON one, though.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: LX SEN; Sixt Platinum
Personally, I never have tags on hand luggage.
I used my tags on checked luggage, with which I do the least possible "wandering around" on airports.
Now that I have SEN tags, I use these (I like the FTL tags more but they got worn off) and I attach thee to my luggage with the metal FTL attach-thingies for extra durability.
Ordering extra tags to show off with on my hand luggage struck me a being a bit cheap. And: the hand luggage goes where I go, so no need for tags

Welcome to FT, by the way ^
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
I think they are quite helpful to get upgrades when being noticed during baggage check in by Non-LH-staff for non LH flights. At BA for example.^
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:01 am

A M&M luggage tag gets you upgrades on BA flights?
How's that?
Would you not rather show your OneWorld card @ checkin?

Regards,
SuperVoid
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by SuperVoid
Personally, I never have tags on hand luggage.
I used my tags on checked luggage, with which I do the least possible "wandering around" on airports.
I used my FTL tags for the checked in bags and I lost both the tags within 6 months.. when I got the baggage, it was with only the wire and no tag.. the FTL tag gets easily cracked IMO.. I then ordered another pair and now use it .. But for the checked in bags, I find the tags given by Priority club better though even they r plastic..
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I used my FTL tags for the checked in bags and I lost both the tags within 6 months.. when I got the baggage, it was with only the wire and no tag.. the FTL tag gets easily cracked IMO..
Happened to me way too often in past, too. After a nice letter to Miles and More a nice package with 10 tags arrived. 6 months after - only 5 remained... Time to launch a new order...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by olm022
Happened to me way too often in past, too. After a nice letter to Miles and More a nice package with 10 tags arrived. 6 months after - only 5 remained... Time to launch a new order...
aha.. 10 new tags and I was feeling embarassed to ask for 2..
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by olm022
After a nice letter to Miles and More a nice package with 10 tags arrived.
You got 10 of those? Use them all at once! At least a few will hang through
My (I thought unbreakable) suitcase came up less one wheel the other day. I wonder how they managed to do that
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by thomasalexandre
Hi Guys

All new to this forum; and for a good start I thought of coming along with a real nice dumb question for you folks:
Welcome to FT and the M&M forum, thomasalexandre!

Originally Posted by Longlegs
I think they are quite helpful to get upgrades when being noticed during baggage check in by Non-LH-staff for non LH flights. At BA for example.^
What makes you believe your FTL tags helped you to get an upgrade? I highly doubt it!

As pointed out by others FTL tags are still around but I don't see any value by attaching them to hand luggage. The "show-off-factor" is rather limited, anyway.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
aha.. 10 new tags and I was feeling embarassed to ask for 2..
If in past in my case it happened that out of 5 flights 4 led to tags missing, then I have not problem asking them to send 10 at once, thus saving their and my time to write/reply to similar emails every 2-3 weeks. I explained the situation and asked if it would be possible. Miles and More in Tokyo said, "gladly."

As for upgrades, then for sure, luggage tags do not count. It is either at gate/check-in because of your (visible in PRN)status/fare. None of the agents would even think of checking out the luggage tags
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by thomasalexandre
Hi Guys
or do the FQTs leather buy the red tags on eBay and put their card then in there???.
Could anyone tell me the point of buying a leather senator one without actually being one? can this benefit you in any way?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by Nominal
Could anyone tell me the point of buying a leather senator one without actually being one? can this benefit you in any way?
Only if it has stars on it. But these cost 5x as much on eBay...
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by econprof
Only if it has stars on it. But these cost 5x as much on eBay...
The seniority stars? I've only seen the red ones with 1 star ingraved under the S, so only the standard ones

BUT; if you hang them at the same spot as where the agent puts the paper thingy around and he/she notices the SEN tag, is there anything in it depending on the airport, airline and/or agent? For example a priority handling tag?

Last edited by Nominal; Jan 19, 2014 at 3:21 pm
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Nominal
The seniority stars? I've only seen the red ones with 1 star ingraved under the S, so only the standard ones

BUT; if you hang them at the same spot as where the agent puts the paper thingy around and he/she notices the SEN tag, is there anything in it depending on the airport, airline and/or agent? For example a priority handling tag?
I have never seen any agent putting a priority tag just based on the luggage tag and I will be very surprised if they did..but YMMV..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.