Search

Discount codes and bargain fares on LH/OS/LX/LO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
£15 off LH

https://promotion.lufthansa.com/uk-valentines-day/

The voucher can be redeemed between 10/01/2014 and 26/01/2014.
Travel must be between 31/01/2014 and 28/02/2014.
Vouchers are only valid for itineraries where all flights are operated by Lufthansa and Lufthansa Regional Partners (incl. Lufthansa City Line and Eurowings).
The voucher is only valid for flights departing in United Kingdom.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
But not working with Germanwings again...
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
4U 33EUR sale: http://www.germanwings.com/de/Angebo...?gwc=add2_b426
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LX is selling gift vouchers at a discount again:
http://www.swiss.com/web/DE/various/...ntry=DE&lang=2
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LX is selling gift vouchers at a discount again:
http://www.swiss.com/web/DE/various/...ntry=DE&lang=2
Silly question: would it be possible to use these to pay for the "taxes" and fees when booking an award?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmff
Silly question: would it be possible to use these to pay for the "taxes" and fees when booking an award?
I have bought and used the vouchers a few times. If you can make them work they are a good deal as you pay 245 EUR for a 300 EUR value. Note they are supposed to be used only privately (i.e. not for companies) according to their terms and conditions. I doubt this is enforced however at least for our accounting office they tell me that the benefit of 55 EUR is outweighed by the documentation- although this is in Italy where any possibility of discount or benefit to the consumer must be taxed and penalized to the absolute maximum so in other countries I think this could also work.

I don't think they work for miles&more tickets as they only work for Swiss issued tickets so 724 ticket stock where as all miles and more tickets are Lufthansa issued 220 ticket stock even if an all Swiss itinerary in my experiences.

I have had my TA use the vouchers although typically I use them just for very simple flights such as VCE/ZRH roundtrips which I just book online at swiss.com and then enter the code in for the price reduction at the end of booking.

Probably a long answer to a short question but the answer is yes, they are a good deal, and no, they don't work for reward tickets.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Little extra info on these LX vouchers: can not be paid with Amex, only Mastercard and Visa.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I doubt this is enforced however at least for our accounting office they tell me that the benefit of 55 EUR is outweighed by the documentation- although this is in Italy where any possibility of discount or benefit to the consumer must be taxed and penalized to the absolute maximum so in other countries I think this could also work.
This is a bit OT but can you elaborate? Does this mean the benefit of 55 EUR would be dented by a huge (in %) extra tax?

Probably a long answer to a short question but the answer is yes, they are a good deal, and no, they don't work for reward tickets.
What if they were LH vouchers (don't know if LH ever sells anything like this)? My question was whether the sentence "these can be used to buy flights" applies only to revenue tickets or not.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmff
This is a bit OT but can you elaborate? Does this mean the benefit of 55 EUR would be dented by a huge (in %) extra tax?

What if they were LH vouchers (don't know if LH ever sells anything like this)? My question was whether the sentence "these can be used to buy flights" applies only to revenue tickets or not.
Without getting too much into our own accounting complexities, it just means we could not figure out an easy way to use this as a deductible expense and in addition because the payment was processed in a different month than the tickets it also caused some additional paperwork which made it not worthwhile.

I have never seen LH sell a voucher- if they did that would be interesting- I haven't seen it.

The terms and conditions on the swiss vouchers say they need to be used with "published fares" so whether or not M&M tickets are considered published fares would probably be the condition.

They are not as flexible as MCOs however for straightforward tickets they are good.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:55 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for posting, these seem to be a great deal.

The most discount can be had with the 300 euro voucher - is it possible to use one single voucher on multiple bookings? In other words, does the voucher need to be spent at once (any leftovers being lost)?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Thanks for posting, these seem to be a great deal.

The most discount can be had with the 300 euro voucher - is it possible to use one single voucher on multiple bookings? In other words, does the voucher need to be spent at once (any leftovers being lost)?
Specifically in the terms and conditions it explains that the value must be spent all at once and if the value of the ticket is less than the voucher there will not be any carryover (so, yes you are correct that leftovers are "lost").

The very best tickets to use this for in terms of simplicity are if you fly to one destination that costs more than 300 EUR on your regular fare and you can redeem it through the website swiss.com.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:24 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Specifically in the terms and conditions it explains that the value must be spent all at once and if the value of the ticket is less than the voucher there will not be any carryover (so, yes you are correct that leftovers are "lost").

The very best tickets to use this for in terms of simplicity are if you fly to one destination that costs more than 300 EUR on your regular fare and you can redeem it through the website swiss.com.
Thanks. The rules were not totally clear, as it mentions that it may not be spent on multiple pax. I guess that can be read as that it needs to be spent at once. Does the voucher also cover the YR/YQ and so on?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Does the voucher also cover the YR/YQ and so on?
Yes.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: M&M FTL FB Petroleum / LH Oil & Energy
LO sale is on till the 29th 23.59

Travel period
from 23.06.2014to 26.10.2014
Sale
from 21.01.201423:01
to 29.01.201422:59
Ticket cancellation
not permitted
Ticket change
not permitted
Discount
Children (2-11 years): 25%
Infants (0-2 years): 90%
Minimum stay
first Sunday after arrival / 3 days
Maximum stay
1 month
Class
Economy
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:42 pm

A lot of restrictions:

Only one voucher may be redeemed per person. The voucher value *cannot* be split among several persons even if they are part of the same booking. Valid on flights departing from Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Romania, Serbia, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Greece, Portugal, Turkey and Ireland to any destination of the SWISS (LX) network. Codeshare flights are excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.