FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Discount codes and bargain fares on LH/OS/LX/LO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1073756-discount-codes-bargain-fares-lh-os-lx-lo.html)

TomMM May 20, 2022 12:50 pm

Interestingly UA just announced a $75 off sale with a similar time frame but different destinations.

st8dm Jun 18, 2022 5:43 am

hello there,

A)
does anyone knows: LGPARTYOF2 promo is also valid for an adult + accompanying child (12)? As she's considered an adult by the airline, I guess it should also apply, but please confirm.

B)
How about two children, 11 and 13?

I am well aware no such promo is currently available.
but
my bet is this promo code is recurrent, re-appearing every end of winter and end of summer when out of season is in sight.
Our party is 1 adult + 2 children (10&12 or 11&13, depending when the flight will take place they will have their birthdays by then or not).
My purpose is to claim 1 ticket as an award and purchase 2 more for the children as companions or some combination of these strategies.
I guess there are many options.

I also know swiss was running a promo vacation + children but only for short haul. Short haul would be the default fallback.

Our goal is long haul, business, EU-US.
LAX/SFO or MIA/MCO/FLL.
2023 either winter or summer.
Sitting on 200k in payback and 200k more in MM miles + SEN overdraw.
6 e-vouchers.

I would love to discuss a strategy here.
Please advise.

thank you

cas_de Jun 19, 2022 1:26 pm

A) I don't know, but I guess so since any pax 12 yrs and older counts as adult.

B) 200k M&M miles plus 200k miles from PB (plus a potential 25% transfer bonus, don't know if there's a cap to that) and the SEN overdraft will give you at least 450k M&M miles. Unless you really need the miles to requalify for SEN I would try to get 3 award seats. The SEN booking guarantee should work if you have some flexibility. 1 Adult @112k miles (or some more if you use the flex award @155k (?)), older kid gets a companion award @50% of the adult's miles and the younger kid (<12 years) gets the children award @75% of the adult's miles. Equals to 112k + 56k + 84k = 252 k for the standard award or 155k + 77.5k + 116.25k = 348.75k for the flex award. All flights need to be on LH, LX or OS, though, for these scenarios to work.

IIRC someone active on this forum was once able to claim the companion award in combination with a paid business class fare, but that might have been either a one off / lucky shot or no longer possible.

Alternatively - and enough award/upgrade space in I class being available you could also purchase PE E class fares and burn your 6 eVouchers upgrade all six longhaul segments to I. But that will be expensive and including some uncertainty.

st8dm Jun 19, 2022 2:40 pm

many thanks for your reply.
I was not aware of the children award discount, glad I've asked.

Vouchers are something I plan to burn on J > A upgrades, where I guess I'll get the most out of them.
I can use 1 or max 2 but it hurts.

There is plenty of flexibility; I can only hope flight would be available early enough so I can plan ahead. I do not have experience with award flights, but it seems to me flights are being made available on very short notice (2-3 weeks) only. Again, I didn't put too much effort into this (1-2h until now).

Originally Posted by cas_de (Post 34350092)
A) I don't know, but I guess so since any pax 12 yrs and older counts as adult.

B) 200k M&M miles plus 200k miles from PB (plus a potential 25% transfer bonus, don't know if there's a cap to that) and the SEN overdraft will give you at least 450k M&M miles. Unless you really need the miles to requalify for SEN I would try to get 3 award seats. The SEN booking guarantee should work if you have some flexibility. 1 Adult @112k miles (or some more if you use the flex award @155k (?)), older kid gets a companion award @50% of the adult's miles and the younger kid (<12 years) gets the children award @75% of the adult's miles. Equals to 112k + 56k + 84k = 252 k for the standard award or 155k + 77.5k + 116.25k = 348.75k for the flex award. All flights need to be on LH, LX or OS, though, for these scenarios to work.

IIRC someone active on this forum was once able to claim the companion award in combination with a paid business class fare, but that might have been either a one off / lucky shot or no longer possible.

Alternatively - and enough award/upgrade space in I class being available you could also purchase PE E class fares and burn your 6 eVouchers upgrade all six longhaul segments to I. But that will be expensive and including some uncertainty.

cas_de Jun 19, 2022 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by st8dm (Post 34350293)
many thanks for your reply.
I was not aware of the children award discount, glad I've asked.

Vouchers are something I plan to burn on J > A upgrades, where I guess I'll get the most out of them.
I can use 1 or max 2 but it hurts.

There is plenty of flexibility; I can only hope flight would be available early enough so I can plan ahead. I do not have experience with award flights, but it seems to me flights are being made available on very short notice (2-3 weeks) only. Again, I didn't put too much effort into this (1-2h until now).

If you are SEN the key is to leverage the SEN waitlist. As SEN you should normally get I class availability confirmed if D class is still for sale. Of course with some exceptions. So as long as you are able to stick to itineraries that include only LH, LX and OS (not sure about SN and LO, etc.) flights you can give the SEN line a call and ask them to request these flights. Normally you get a response within a couple of minutes. I got us three I class tickets to FL (MCO, returning from ORD) for the school break in Nov using the SEN waitlist. I paid the full amount of miles, +1 got the companion award and +.5 got the child award. Again both discounts and the waitlist only apply if you travel solely on LH, LX and OS. Using the waitlist I also got my dad a ticket to SEA and returning from LAX in September.

oliver2002 Jun 21, 2022 3:42 am

Killer P fare ex DK (CPH, BLL, AAL etc) to BKK (1050€++), route thru HKG to make it full flex and refundable ;)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c3343da890.png

ExpatSomchai Jun 21, 2022 10:40 am

Hi Oliver, tried searching Google but cannot price this. Any help appreciated. Also what is the date range? Many thanks

oliver2002 Jun 21, 2022 1:09 pm

It starts showing in late October:

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...gCEAAYAA&hl=en

ExpatSomchai Jun 21, 2022 2:40 pm

Weird can't see it. Price at GBP 2879 for me.

bobhope2 Jun 21, 2022 4:14 pm

Seems to have gone already?

oliver2002 Jul 28, 2022 1:23 pm

OS is battling FR an Wizz ex VIE… it’s bloody low…

hugolover Jul 28, 2022 1:24 pm

What is?

oliver2002 Jul 28, 2022 2:31 pm

Prices. Take a look and run some searches ex ViE

joeri Aug 4, 2022 2:41 am

Does anyone know whether LH/LX etc have fixed times to launch the companion fares in business/first (like KLM had fixed times for the 'wereld deal weken')? And if zo, when is that? End of summer months? I'm looking ex-AMS or another starting point in north-westen Europe. Thanks!

oliver2002 Aug 19, 2022 3:34 pm

75$ off ex US

We're celebrating Aviation Day with a limited time offer! Exciting adventures await. Book a flight from one of our U.S. gateways to anywhere in Europe and save up to $75.

Book by Au‍gust 22 and save up to $75 with our
promotion code: ZGFG2CTGJK04

Travel between Oc‍tober 17 and De‍cember 14, 2022.

Terms and conditions apply*.