Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award booking lead time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
award booking lead time

Hi all,

quick question for the award experts. What is the lead time for a award booking?

I just tried to book a C award ticket ex ZRH to either JNB or HKG for tomorrow night (need warm weather), LX SEN line tells me that I can not fly before Sunday as they need a 2 day lead time to issue award tickets. I typically don't believe in anything the unfriendly LX SEN people say and therefore called the german LH line who tell me (in a very apologizing way and after greeting me by name ^ ) that I can fly the day after tomorrow earliest.

Apart from the fact that I have a hard time understanding this policy and not being able to go to either JNB or HKG - what is the official lead time for award bookings? Anybody know?

Thanks!
pilatusguy
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:12 pm

True. 2 days is the rule. But there is a way around it:
Book a ticket for a future date.
Then pay the fee to change the date to the flight you want (hoping that availability still will be there after the ticket is issued).
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by pilatusguy
Hi all,

quick question for the award experts. What is the lead time for a award booking?

I just tried to book a C award ticket ex ZRH to either JNB or HKG for tomorrow night (need warm weather), LX SEN line tells me that I can not fly before Sunday as they need a 2 day lead time to issue award tickets. I typically don't believe in anything the unfriendly LX SEN people say and therefore called the german LH line who tell me (in a very apologizing way and after greeting me by name ^ ) that I can fly the day after tomorrow earliest.

Apart from the fact that I have a hard time understanding this policy and not being able to go to either JNB or HKG - what is the official lead time for award bookings? Anybody know?

Thanks!
pilatusguy
Sorry to say but afaik know that has always been the case with 2 days leadtime. As opposed to PPB flights that are instant = same day workable.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
us miles

Originally Posted by pilatusguy
Hi all,

Thanks!
pilatusguy
hi

you might wanna buy quickly some us airways miles (today is the last day for the 100% bonus)

75usd and you can ticket anytime with us airways.

dp
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The rule can be waived. Whether it will be is another matter.

I didn't need to for my latest booking (ticketed 60 odd hours before departure) but have done as late as 10 hours before departure.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
thanks for the info everyone - will know better next time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.