Award booking - online vs. telephone

Old Jun 11, 11, 10:41 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Lack View Post
Cut of USAir? Reserve more space to M&M POS DE?
That is not point of origin/sale.
Old Mar 10, 19, 6:28 pm

Miles and More website vs agents availability?

I tried to find a previous thread, please move this if appropriate. Looking on website I see availability CTA-MUC on Condor that phone agents cannot see or book. Likewise on website I see business availability MUC-YVR the agents didn't see. I didn't book online because I wasn't ready, and called in for other questions, was I seeing phantom award space or is there a problem with agents seeing website availability?

thanks
Old Mar 11, 19, 2:22 am

POS - did you call for MUC-YVR in Germany?
Old Mar 11, 19, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer View Post
POS - did you call for MUC-YVR in Germany?
No, from the US, does it make a difference which call center you reach?
Old Mar 11, 19, 7:18 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by adlibitum View Post
No, from the US, does it make a difference which call center you reach?
LH & M&M IT is not in a good place, website is not displaying all availability & agents do have issues seeing what is online
Old Mar 11, 19, 8:09 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

LH & M&M IT is not in a good place, website is not displaying all availability & agents do have issues seeing what is online
I'm actually trying to decide which is worse - M&M IT or Marriott Bonvoy. I think Bonvoy just shades it at the moment (no award availability but bookings for McMurdo station in Antarctica!).
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 19, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper View Post
I'm actually trying to decide which is worse - M&M IT or Marriott Bonvoy. I think Bonvoy just shades it at the moment (no award availability but bookings for McMurdo station in Antarctica!).
Wow, Marriott must be trying really hard to beat LH / M&L IT to the bottom

I take it Antarctica wasn’t on your wish list...
Old Mar 11, 19, 9:25 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador

Wow, Marriott must be trying really hard to beat LH / M&L IT to the bottom

I take it Antarctica wasn’t on your wish list...
McMurdo is all nice and well but the resort fees put me off
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 19, 3:02 pm

Had a comparable experience - Business availabilty online but if I call to rebook, agents don‘t see availabilty. First time this happens to me...
Old Mar 16, 19, 5:01 pm

Same thing happened to me. I had an LH business itinerary booked as an award, and kept watching for earlier flights on the same day. A better itinerary finally came up (same airports, still all-LH) and called to switch. The agent said she could not see the availability. So I had to cancel it with her, wait tensely for a few hours for the miles to show up in my account and then rebook online - luckily the itinerary I wanted wasn't gone. But not a great way to treat customers.

Separately, LH seems to be doing journey control on awards. I saw business availability LAX-FRA and separately business availability FRA-DME, but could not get the flights to show up in one LAX-FRA-DME itinerary. I called to ask if someone could manually book the complete itinerary - despite seeing all the availability in this case, the agent said Nein!
Old Mar 16, 19, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by rcw70 View Post
Separately, LH seems to be doing journey control on awards. I saw business availability LAX-FRA and separately business availability FRA-DME, but could not get the flights to show up in one LAX-FRA-DME itinerary. I called to ask if someone could manually book the complete itinerary - despite seeing all the availability in this case, the agent said Nein!
That’s ridiculous, if they saw it they should have booked it for you.... they have some very poor agents.... always worth calling back in those cases & or ask for a supervisor

I had an agent recently tell me as HON I could not waitlist an award & I was calling the dedicated HON number, asked for Her name & She put the phone down, of course they were able to track Her down since She logged into my account & i’m told She’s being ‘retrained’
Old Mar 16, 19, 10:37 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; GHA Black; IHG Gold; Avis PresClub

That’s ridiculous, if they saw it they should have booked it for you.... they have some very poor agents.... always worth calling back in those cases & or ask for a supervisor

I had an agent recently tell me as HON I could not waitlist an award & I was calling the dedicated HON number, asked for Her name & She put the phone down, of course they were able to track Her down since She logged into my account & i’m told She’s being ‘retrained’
It's not ridiculous. It's called married segments and is valid for awards, as for paid tickets. That's well known and discussed endless here on the forum. Nothing new. Not a reason to post such a aggressive remark.
Old Mar 17, 19, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by athome View Post
It's not ridiculous. It's called married segments and is valid for awards, as for paid tickets. That's well known and discussed endless here on the forum. Nothing new. Not a reason to post such a aggressive remark.
If your an M&M member & LH is offering two segments online but they won’t book them for you as one trip IMO it is ridiculous

If you want to defend LH / M&M your entitled to your opinion So am I

Maybe you have much better experiences of the LH HON call centre, recently, than me but nothing in what I posted is aggressive nor would it ever be my intention

Search this Thread