Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa [in Frankfurt, LH M&M Worldshop(s) and related topics merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:38 am

Lufthansa Rimowa alu bags bad quality problems

Having been a long-year Rimowa customer, I just bought a new "Lufthansa Private Jet" Jumbo trolley and a cabin trolley.

I have to admid: this is the worst quality by far I have ever seen from Rimowa. It looks like cheap china quality, nearly like a fake. This is really .... for about 900 Euros just for the Jumbo!

I had to use the bags immidiately on that day, so I can not change them any more. But what is going on with Rimowa??

I had their bags for many years, always Topas or Silver Integral. They were always great, but this is a shame for Rimowa and their "most luxurious product".....

Whats your impression? Any experiences?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'm not sure why you are posting this in the LH (airline) forum. I have alerted to moderators to move it is the Travel Products forum.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:40 pm

same problem

We have the same problem here.

Bought 2 jumbo xl of "Silberspitz" Silver Integral series about 2 weeks ago at Swiss shop and the quality is utterly crap!

Inside as well as outside is made in a bad quality. There is nothing like "Made in German" quality!!

Rimowa is missing something very important here. It seems they are resting on their high sales, but this quality will prove them else.

Unfortunately Rimowa does not seem to care. Is it only Lufthansa and Swiss branded products or also the "normal" shop items?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Friend of mine was complaining about Rimowa quality. The handle has broken 3 times so far an his Alu case. He is at the point where he is not using it anymore, although Rimowa was fixing it every single time.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:54 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Could the posters who complain about "bad quality" "in and out" be a bit more specific?

Thank you.

HTB.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:42 am

Details of Rimowa bag quality problems

Sure, no problem to be more precise!

Inside problems: The sheets covering the aluminium case have not been attached/glued in high quality, which means the are removing themselves from the bag already after some days of use all around the case.
The dividers between the two sides of the bag are attached by something like a removable tape, and already after first use to not hold tightly for the bottom part.
Inside of the trolleys are metal parts which are obviously not aluminium and they are already rosting!

Outside problems:
The aluminium case itself is not shaped perfectly fine but it seems it has been put into shape with heavy force. I know that the bags will have several more of them after some flights but shouldn't they be delivered in good shape initially?
The "plastic tape" which goes all around the bag is not attached well and already peeling away, as it does also not have the perfect size.

Well, these are my main issues! Overall, there seems nothing to be left that went really well with these cases any more! I did not have ANY issue in the previous years, but these crappy bags I would neither recommend someone else nor buy any Rimowa again.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
if still in warranty send them back.

Last month i was looking for a new bag, the guy at the shop told me zero haliburton & rimowa have really gone down in quality.

My friend used to be a pilot & suggested travelpro . Am happy with it.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:05 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
@Fun_Flyer: Thank you for the detailed overview. That really sounds terrible.

@diamantaire: Decreasing quality seems to be a problem with many brands. I was very happy with Samsonite for quite a while, but my recent buys are a disappointment: the telescope mechanism is just too week and bends and finally breaks (twice on this model), and the inside is generally getting cheaper as well. It feels like the controllers have taken over from the engineers and are demanding higher margins by reducing the cost and increasing the sales price at the same time. I remember that a large Samsonite would cost just above 100€. Now it's closer to 200€...

HTB.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
@htb : agree with u paid 200+ $ for the travelpro cabin bag hope it lasts. I think delsey is still pretty decent.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm not sure why you are posting this in the LH (airline) forum. I have alerted to moderators to move it is the Travel Products forum.
Just curious, this product is the subject of many reviews in this forum including where to buy at a discount, etc. None has been "shuttled off to Buffalo" for discussion elsewhere.

Every product has good and bad reviews. So what's up with urging scrutiny on this benign review?

Last edited by TPA us ff; Jul 1, 2015 at 5:33 pm
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:00 am

And how is this post related to the mileage program or anything that Lufthansa can help with?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by planensimple
And how is this post related to the mileage program or anything that Lufthansa can help with?
Both of the mentioned items are sold (exclusively) in the Lufthansa Worldshop / Swiss Shop, and they are about 10-15% more expensive then the respective items in the "normal" store. This is the reason for me to post in this forum, as Lufthansa is therefore the seller of the items in question.

As now Lufthansa is even handing out the Swiss Shop / Lufthansa Shop vouchers in their "Select" program, I believe it is more then the right place to talk about their products, not?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by diamantaire
if still in warranty send them back.

Last month i was looking for a new bag, the guy at the shop told me zero haliburton & rimowa have really gone down in quality.

My friend used to be a pilot & suggested travelpro . Am happy with it.
My choice, too, for 6 years and 500 flights is TravelPro. Look out for a sale somewhere and get different sizes. The TravePro 8 replaced a EUR 1100 large Rimowa, which constantly failed after flights at the wheels (or should they be called Achilles heels?)
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Fun_Flyer
Both of the mentioned items are sold (exclusively) in the Lufthansa Worldshop / Swiss Shop, and they are about 10-15% more expensive then the respective items in the "normal" store. This is the reason for me to post in this forum, as Lufthansa is therefore the seller of the items in question.

As now Lufthansa is even handing out the Swiss Shop / Lufthansa Shop vouchers in their "Select" program, I believe it is more then the right place to talk about their products, not?
Try the travel products forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products-639/
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, maybe you should also call the Police to get some help!

Hello?? What is the problem about posting something negative about Lufthansa/Swiss and their products? Is it only because Rimowa makes some nice product placement during the *DO and so on, so that any negative opinion gets removed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.