Rimowa [in Frankfurt, LH M&M Worldshop(s) and related topics merged]

Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, you need to present the goods to customs in Italy at the departure airport.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
IATA lic. = travel agent
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:53 pm

Hi folks,

The officer at the custom stamped on the Premier Tax Free GmbH tax refund form that came along with my Rimowa receipt. Would there be any chance that I could still get the 19% refund if I mail the form and the receipt to the Lufthansa Worldshop address in Berlin?

The officer also mentioned that if I mailed the tax refund to the address of Premier Tax Free GbMH instead of doing the refund at the globalblue office next to the custom, then I would get the full refund without charge as well? Does any one know if that's true?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by niche
Hi folks,

The officer at the custom stamped on the Premier Tax Free GmbH tax refund form that came along with my Rimowa receipt. Would there be any chance that I could still get the 19% refund if I mail the form and the receipt to the Lufthansa Worldshop address in Berlin?

The officer also mentioned that if I mailed the tax refund to the address of Premier Tax Free GbMH instead of doing the refund at the globalblue office next to the custom, then I would get the full refund without charge as well? Does any one know if that's true?
No. Once you go through Premier Tax Free, you have to use them to complete the process. Understandably the operators of LH world shop "want' you to use Premier Tax Free / Global Blue etc, everyone takes a cut.

If you want the full refund, ( without a cut to 3rd parties) please do a search and follow the procedure exactly.

In your case its "too late" you need to complete the transaction with Premier Tax Free
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by OpenSky
No. Once you go through Premier Tax Free, you have to use them to complete the process. Understandably the operators of LH world shop "want' you to use Premier Tax Free / Global Blue etc, everyone takes a cut.

If you want the full refund, ( without a cut to 3rd parties) please do a search and follow the procedure exactly.

In your case its "too late" you need to complete the transaction with Premier Tax Free
I'm wondering if you can even bypass Premier Tax Free / Global Blue if you want to buy the Rimowa cases from LH World Shop?

Unless you have the "standard" German VAT refund form (in German) on hand to give to LH World Shop so that they can fill it out, you are stuck with the forms that LH World Shop uses which will lead you to Premier Tax Free / Global Blue. Am I wrong about this?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No, customs has a green form they will gladly attach to and stamp with a regular receipt/invoice by a vendor. With that you can approach the vendor and ask for a refund of the 19% in full.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No, customs has a green form they will gladly attach to and stamp with a regular receipt/invoice by a vendor. With that you can approach the vendor and ask for a refund of the 19% in full.
Good luck trying to get the LH Worldshop to do that after they have processed the transaction with PremierTax Free. You can try, but I personally think its a lost cause. Might need to escalate.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
I'm wondering if you can even bypass Premier Tax Free / Global Blue if you want to buy the Rimowa cases from LH World Shop?

Unless you have the "standard" German VAT refund form (in German) on hand to give to LH World Shop so that they can fill it out, you are stuck with the forms that LH World Shop uses which will lead you to Premier Tax Free / Global Blue. Am I wrong about this?
Yes ( there is a way) Please do a search. Its on this forum.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AA plat; SPG Gold; club 5c
Originally Posted by meFIRST
This is a public service announcement re: my experience getting the VAT refund back ex-US. I don't think the process was covered in detail.
Follow these procedures exactly and you should be fine. BTW, the shop staff are clueless as to steps 1 to 7, and will not provide assistance or direction in this matter. Very hands off.

Edited : It its important that you follow these steps EXACTLY. If you are buying a large item that needs to be checked it is possible to declare this to the ZOLL before crossing the border. Some folks have told me that the Worldshop staff don't allow VAT refunds, I wish someone in Germany would send surprise inspectors to LH Worldshop in A and B at FRA . That sounds wrong to me. The VAT refund scheme is meant to increase german sales to visitors and small business exports, it seems as though LH Worldshop is violating the spirit of the law. The fact that they don't want to process it because of whatever, is not my / our problem.
Thank you for this. My experience has been been frustrating. I'd echo the prior poster in saying that the staff was very unhelpful / actively tried to push me to go through premier tax free. Instead of mailing the paperwork back, I had someone return both the stamped form and the receipt direct to the merchant. Worldshop has now contacted me by email to ask me to fill out paperwork in order to "send it to premier tax free for processing."
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:45 pm

Hi everyone, I'm making connection at Frankfurt for a trip to Barcelona, and I asked for Gate Delivery for a Rimowa trolley. I'm wondering if claiming for VAT refund is possible? If so, do I claim it at Frankfurt or Barcelona? Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: dont care anymore
This is going to probably be my last post on FT. I frankly have had enough of the crap around this place but that is another story.

Since some here have been helpful, perhaps these three pictures will help others.

And for others who just come here and don't bother reading, take note that this sort of behaviour really does no one any good, including, themselves.

I like to see in advance what I a supposed to have. The instructions in this thread are very good and result in getting the full refund when followed for my LH worldshop purchase and pick up airside at MUC.

Purchased the RIMOWA Lufthansa Alu Collection Multiwheel® Cabin Trolley 52 and Multiwheel®, Silver from LH Worldshop online.

Arranged for pick up at T2 shop at MUC airside. Followed the instructions as noted, did not let staff start any VAT paper work, and took the box with the luggage to LH counter (BTW, box is nice and well packed) and had LH staff tag but not put on the belt.

Then took the box to airside Zoll office.

Asked them to use the customs form and stamp it and invoice. They said no problem and knew exactly what I was asking for.

They gave the green form, stamped it, stapled it to the original invoice, then stamped the invoice and the portion stapled to the invoice.

Since box was oversize. Zoll told me to take back to LH, then put on the oversize belt. Which I did.

Left MUC.

Couriered form to Berlin office when back home.

Picked up luggage on Sept 17 and got notification of refund, today, Oct 23 of full VAT amount.

Green customs form stamped by Zoll

VAT Zoll 3 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/159154856@N05/, on Flickr

Stamp on invoice

VAT Zoll 2 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/159154856@N05/, on Flickr

Stamp on staple of customs form on invoice.

VAT Zoll 1 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/159154856@N05/, on Flickr

Cheers and thanks to others.
N1003U and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:53 am

The green form is absolutely crucial. Germany is the land of Rules, if you don't have the green form, then you claim will be denied. The original process described here is correct, follow exactly. Any deviation will result in failure.

I personally aim to put Global Blue and Premier Tax free out of business. Evil SOB.

The situation with Rimowa is now veering on dire, every since the founder's family cashed in and sold it LVMH. Gone are the designation, "Topas" "Salsa" etc.
and renamed to suit the millennial tastes of the 26 year old son of the LVMH CEO, Alexandre who is running Rimowa effectively. They rebranded it, changed it, new staff etc. As a lifelong Rimowa customer, i am not sure if I like the changes. Rimowa still does complimentary repairs at their stores, the day that stops will be the day Rimowa dies.

Also: public service announcement : I generally have had positive experiences buying from Koffer Direct, though they don't always have what I want in stock. I recently bought from a smaller store, Kofferworld.de , and was less than impressed. They basically "hosed" me if you will. So if you are hoping to do this via the methods describe here, I would avoid Kofferworld.de
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:02 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by OpenSky
The situation with Rimowa is now veering on dire, every since the founder's family cashed in and sold it LVMH. Gone are the designation, "Topas" "Salsa" etc. and renamed to suit the millennial tastes of the 26 year old son of the LVMH CEO, Alexandre who is running Rimowa effectively. They rebranded it, changed it, new staff etc.
That explains why I didn't recognize the website any more (rimowa.de). What's worse: there's no German version (at least until a few days ago) and their contact form is broken (emails sent via the website bounce as "undeliverable" to the address you have entered as your own).

The most hilarious is, however, that they misspelled the name "Rimowa":

REMOVA Hybrid kombiniert gekonnt zwei der fortschrittlichsten Materialien der Welt – die Widerstandsfähigkeit unserer einzigartigen Aluminium-Magnesium-Legierung mit der überragend leichten Qualität von Polycarbonat
Of course, that could be on purpose...

Anyway, it seems like they started with the Limbo, took away the add-on baggage hook, removed the "ideal size" (70 cm) from the lineup, increased the price by another 100€ over the ETag-version (without the ETag, of course), removed the third lock in the middle, and renamed the whole thing to "REMOVA Hybrid".

If you have set your eyes on buying a Rimowa, it's time to do so now while the old models are still available from retailers. I think the new models are a big step back. To me it certainly feels like the end of Rimowa.

HTB.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by htb
That explains why I didn't recognize the website any more (rimowa.de). What's worse: there's no German version (at least until a few days ago) and their contact form is broken (emails sent via the website bounce as "undeliverable" to the address you have entered as your own).

The most hilarious is, however, that they misspelled the name "Rimowa":

Of course, that could be on purpose...

Anyway, it seems like they started with the Limbo, took away the add-on baggage hook, removed the "ideal size" (70 cm) from the lineup, increased the price by another 100€ over the ETag-version (without the ETag, of course), removed the third lock in the middle, and renamed the whole thing to "REMOVA Hybrid".

If you have set your eyes on buying a Rimowa, it's time to do so now while the old models are still available from retailers. I think the new models are a big step back. To me it certainly feels like the end of Rimowa.

HTB.
REMOVA Hybrid shows this spelling only on the German site. And is it just me, but all pieces look more rounded. Don't know. Appalling, though, is the Fendi version. And how
about the Rimowa baseball cap for $ 120.00? Still cheaper than LV wanted for theirs at the Honolulu store for $1,100.00.
Time indeed to stock up on the old ( real ) Rimowa pieces that are still available at the usual sources. Glad I got everything that I need.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:34 am

As soon as I found out that the founders cashed in and sold most of it to LVMH, i immediately bought what I wanted to buy, a large topas, granted with the e-tag. This was back when the etag was madatory.

I knew two things about be true
1) Prices would go up
2) Service would go down

Alexandre and his dad, the CEO of LVMH need to be careful of pissing off lifelong Rimowa customers as they seek to this into a billion euro brand. REMOVA. His words.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.