Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa [in Frankfurt, LH M&M Worldshop(s) and related topics merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:18 pm

Welcome to the Club !
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA PLATINUM
i just bought 2 salsa air large, i dont know, it seems they are the old line of salsa air, model 893.11 3.6kg 92 liter.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
10% (at best) promo on WorldShop - Works on Rimowa

Yearning to discount my new Rimowa suitcase ( a worldshop 10-year special very close to the salsa deluxe 870.73 but in lava grey instead of black and...significantly cheaper https://www.worldshop.eu/lws/product...875/detail.jsf)

I stumbled upon these voucher codes that worked perfectly and, what is more, were converted in cash upon check-out (using perfectly good M&M miles to buy stuff on worldshop should be considered a last resort measure*) :

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...nodeid=2552674

With a promotion running until June, 30 2012, the Piraeus Bank credit card and M&M Greece have been very generous but you will get close to 10% discount only when the miles value of what you buy is close to 30000 miles, 60000 miles or 90000 miles.

*A mile is worth a paltry 0.004€ on worldshop

WorldShop**: enter your promotion code at www.worldshop.eu
- WORLDSHOP3000 for 3.000 miles discount for redemptions > 30.000 miles

- WORLDSHOP6000 for 6.000 miles discount for redemptions > 60.000 miles

- WORLDSHOP9000 for 9.000 miles discount for redemptions > 90.000 miles

Last edited by SteamyUncle; May 10, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Old May 13, 2012, 8:28 am

Any experiences with US customs and ordering from koffer-direkt? Was thinking about ordering a couple pieces to the US and saving >150 EUR on the VAT charge, but don't know if there is any duty imposed stateside.
Old May 16, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Who in their right minds would drop that kind of obscene sum on ...

...when there are starving children in Africa /EU / USA, or everywhere else !!!
Uh, Guy, let me give you a different perspective on the question you posed.

I spent 20 years of my life working as an aircraft pilot for the Red Cross in war relief. Most of the time, the aircraft I commanded was carrying relief food for "starving children" (and starving adults, as well). The rest of the time, I was carrying medical evacuations, or family reunifications. I flew in wars in Angola, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Liberia (both wars), Somalia, Sudan, and Congo.

In 1988, I bought two Rimowa suitcases, because my work schedule was such that I travelled from Canada (where I live) to the various countries that I was assigned to fly in every 6 weeks (i.e. I worked 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off). Those suitcases now have accumulated 2.1 million air miles just on the scheduled carriers alone (that doesn't count when they were on board my aircraft), and they are still working just fine. So, for very frequent travellers, Rimowa aluminum luggage makes sense.

If I hadn't had the security that the aluminium suitcases provided, the buggers probably would have stolen the contents of my luggage 10 times over. Then, who would have delivered the food to feed all those poor starving children?

Think about it.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Is it safe to assume that there will usually be airline crews in the Airliner Shop? I'll be heading to FRA tomorrow but don't want to make it all the way to the shop but still buy at full price...
Old May 17, 2012, 1:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There usually are..
Old May 17, 2012, 10:11 pm

Customs and tax duties for Rimowa shipped to US

Hi! I've been reading up on Rimowa and I've learned how http://www.koffer-direkt.de offers very good prices and how they also ship to the US. For those who bought from them and had their bags shipped to US, do you also have to pay for customs and tax duties when it arrives in the US? Hope someone can reply and let me know. Thanks!!!
Old May 18, 2012, 12:55 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by flyerdess
For those who bought from them and had their bags shipped to US, do you also have to pay for customs and tax duties when it arrives in the US?
I was charged nothing additional by US customs.

I don't speak German, and I did not find it particularly easy to buy from Koffer-Direkt. I wanted them to consolidate a cabin bag inside a suitcase (very easy to do for what I ordered, and they did so) but there was no way to order online without getting charged 50 euros to ship each case. There was one person who had excellent English with whom I corresponded. She had to work it out with senior staff. It all worked out in the end, and I'm very pleased I persevered, but it certainly would have been better if I were German fluent.
Old May 19, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Just wanted to share my experience yesterday at the Airliner Shop. I took the NH Hotel Frankfurt Airport shuttle and walked to the shop (exit hotel parking lot and turn right, the shop is right around the corner). Bought a 87L limbo for 367 Euro after tax refund. Everyone in the shop was helpful and I was given a lift back to the airport. Wonderful experience and will definitely be back when I pass through FRA again in August.
Old May 22, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AA PLATINUM
What is the price of the topas big in Airliner shop FRA? What would be the best size 29" or 32" ?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Has anyone been to the Worldshop outlet in Herford?

Hi,

I have some M&M points to burn and I'm not intending to use them for flights. I'll be driving from Hannover to Bremen and I can choose to drive past Herford and visit the Worldshop outlet.

Has anyone been there recently? Is it worth the journey to go there?

I read 1 review in German and as far as I understood I can't use points to purchase discounted items. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:11 am

Does the Airliner Shop have website? If not can anyone give me the phone number or email. Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:11 pm

Is the airliner shop open on Sundays?

Originally Posted by EZETravel
Does the Airliner Shop have website? If not can anyone give me the phone number or email. Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:04 am

http://www.airliner-shop.de/index.php

Is this the shop?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.