Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next round of strike announced for 13th to 16th of April

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
As NewbieRunner said, it is a bmi aeroplane with bmi crew, wetleased by LH, and you get LH service and LH miles. But since bmi crew will definitely not be striking, your flight will almost certainly go ahead.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Troja
It s all on one PNR.Its just that on my LHR-YYZ flight I have a confirmed upgrade to Exec.Class and I really would hate to miss this one.
Have you seen my post above?

Rambuster may be an Evangelist but it doesn't mean he can always be trusted.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
As NewbieRunner said, it is a bmi aeroplane with bmi crew, wetleased by LH, and you get LH service and LH miles. But since bmi crew will definitely not be striking, your flight will almost certainly go ahead.
Thanks for translating my post. ^
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: CO Plat
I'm booked on a reward trip April 12th MEX-FRA connecting to FRA-HKG on the 13th - should I be panicking/rebooking?

This was a complicated reward itinerary and these two flights are on separate PNRs, which I've tried to have joined without success. It didn't seem like a big deal before but now I'm worried it's going to cause problems in case of cancellations...
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Have you seen my post above?

Rambuster may be an Evangelist but it doesn't mean he can always be trusted.
...you lookin' for a fight ?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
well if the strike goes as planned it might have to spend one night in CCS as we are supposed to fly back on the 16th... we'll see what's going to happen!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
...you lookin' for a fight ?
...not if you are in the company of drunken Japanese men.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
I'm returning from France to the US on the morning of April 13 flying LH from NCE to FRA and then Continental to Newark. Any suggestions of alternatives or liklihood I'll have a problem. I'm flying on a single PNR with milage upgrade to Business First on CO so this may be a difficult ticket to change.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by hughw
I'm returning from France to the US on the morning of April 13 flying LH from NCE to FRA and then Continental to Newark. Any suggestions of alternatives or liklihood I'll have a problem. I'm flying on a single PNR with milage upgrade to Business First on CO so this may be a difficult ticket to change.
So far it's still too long out. Let's wait if there will be an agreement or not. There are laws that protect your ticket unlike in the US.

Isn't there a nonstop CO flight they could put you on?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
So far it's still too long out. Let's wait if there will be an agreement or not. There are laws that protect your ticket unlike in the US.

Isn't there a nonstop CO flight they could put you on?
thanks. No non-stops. CO is now a member of *Alliance. Previously, with SkyTeam they could have put me on a Delta flight. So now everything from NCE connects somewhere else in Europe.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:49 pm

Presumably this was not good enough?

Lufthansa accedes to union demand for job security
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:43 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Oh dear! I'm supposed to be flying to the US on 16 April. And it's a BMI award.

Thanks for the bad news.
And I am flying from the US to Germany on the 16th.

Strike threads are very annoying and the union is not winning any brownie points with this.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
And I am flying from the US to Germany on the 16th.

Strike threads are very annoying and the union is not winning any brownie points with this.
you should come live in France you'ld love it I absolutely do when it happens every other week!!!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
This makes absolutely no sense. If they don't get anything out of it, why would they do it? They get other points and not brownie points? Personally, I think the public will be very forgiving - as they have with most other groups that have ever held strikes.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
We set to fly DEN-FRA-JNB departing on April 13.

This is an award ticket through UA and there are no other business class awards availability now. I monitored and booked almost a year ago.

So, is this positioning by the unions and likely to get resolved?

We had to pay up front for our safari in Kruger. We would miss out if its delayed (even 1 day). This is the trip of a lifetime that I have been planning and so looking forward to.

Would Privatair be part of a strike? I don't quite understand their relationship with LH. This may be a rebooking option. I'm not familiar with them.

Any thoughts on what to do?

Thank you.

Last edited by RockyMntFlyer; Mar 25, 2010 at 11:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.