A nice, but possibly accidental, surprise!

Old Feb 18, 10, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

A nice, but possibly accidental, surprise!

Last edited by hifly15; Jun 2, 16 at 8:19 am
Old Feb 18, 10, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Lufthansa can easily change the number of C seats in an aircraft (within Germany and Europe of course), by just converting rows of Y into C. The only thing that really changes is that the middle seat remains unoccupied and gets converted into a small table and the two other seats gain a couple of centimeters in width.

Probably somebody forgot to either change row 4 back to Y or the system was inputted incorrectly allowing you to select row 4 although you had a ticket in Y.

So you basically got half an op-up. I actually had the same experience, just the other way around. I had a C ticket, but my seat was in Y. Unfortunately another C seat was free, so I missed out on getting a 300€-voucher for sitting in Y for about 45 minutes.
Old Feb 18, 10, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by German-FLyer View Post
The only thing that really changes is that the middle seat remains unoccupied and gets converted into a small table and the two other seats gain a couple of centimeters in width.
The only real thing that changes is that the armrests get moved in 2 inches.
Anyone can put the table in the middle seat down by pressing a button under the lufthansa headrest thingy (when there is no one sitting there, of course
Old Feb 18, 10, 2:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hifly15 View Post
The only real thing that changes is that the armrests get moved in 2 inches.
Anyone can put the table in the middle seat down by pressing a button under the lufthansa headrest thingy (when there is no one sitting there, of course
And anyone can move the armrests which makes 11A/F the most comfortable SEN seats on the 737-300
Old Feb 18, 10, 2:15 pm

same goes for the armrest, but in general i think you should be happy that you were not moved back instead of complaining that you didn't get the fruit salad.

its very simple, you booked Y, flight was not oversold so you didn't get an op-up! i know, thats tough on a 50 min flight...
Old Feb 18, 10, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sentom View Post
its very simple, you booked Y, flight was not oversold so you didn't get an op-up! i know, thats tough on a 50 min flight...
Stop trying to be funny
Old Feb 18, 10, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Armrest

How do you move the armrest???
Old Feb 18, 10, 2:38 pm

Stop trying to be funny.
Im guessing a non-status passanger being able to choose "SEN ONLY" seats has been quite aggravating for you
i couldn't care less where you sit, its never going to affect me, since i will have those seats long before check in starts! your "secret" perk is likely to be a thing of the past soon, since you posted it here so proudly. i simply hate your type of behaviour of getting more than you are entitled to, and complain that you didn't get more... way to go... NOT!
Old Feb 18, 10, 2:41 pm

This may only be valid for the LX 320s, but maybe also for the LH 320 series fleet. On my last flight on an LX320 I noticed that the class divider can only be mounted at frames around the overhead screens, which are every three rows. Maybe they try to get some more Q seats out by putting Y pax in C-free rows before the divider?
Old Feb 19, 10, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sentom View Post
same goes for the armrest, but in general i think you should be happy that you were not moved back instead of complaining that you didn't get the fruit salad.
My point was that the crew were so defensive about who gets what, that they would, and you to, rather let a few perfectly normal meals get thrown away for waste.
Old Feb 19, 10, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Last edited by hifly15; Jun 2, 16 at 8:21 am
Old Feb 19, 10, 2:43 am

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
I hate disillusioned people like you, who think just because you have a card labelled "Senator" on it, you are superior to everybody else. You will soon come to realise that the earth doesn't revolve around you.
The os check in thing isnt a secret, people know about it, and the reason I posted it here is so other people may take advantage of it. The seats are all the same, whether they are for senators, or normal pax like me.
Your behavior is not the "way to go".
I think sentom has a point and well ... you disagree. Fine, everyone voiced their opinion and we move on. Ohh and to be perfectly accurate, his card does not say 'Senator' on it but actually 'HON Circle'.

Now you can go off on the superiority attitude of HONs. Knock yourself out.

Last edited by demue; Feb 19, 10 at 2:49 am
Old Feb 19, 10, 2:49 am

Programs: LH FTL, EB, AB, PS, VV, NH
You view crew's behavior as being defensive, and I regard it as such that abides by the rules of their (and yours) contract of work/travel: one gets what one pays for.

Imagine you did get the fruit salad. There is another FT sitting in row 5, and (s)he knows that you have a M-class ticket (there are three of you sitting in a row). How would (s)he feel about Lufthansa prioritizing you over another customer? While it would not, most probably, stop that other passenger from choosing Lufthansa, why does LH have to treat you better than other customers in the same class of travel? Why should you get the treatment you have not paid for and those who have not had a chance to take advantage of this technical glitch should not?
A simple example: a few weeks ago I flew from KIX on a flight that was overbooked by 7 people in M. A friend of mine working for LH told me that on that flight there is only one SEN in M, one FLT (me), and two NH*Gs; the rest were non-status passengers. I was 100% sure I would score an op-up. When I got to the airport, I got my M-class BP. I asked if the flight was overbooked and whether they needed my seat to accommodate every passenger. They said, it was overbooked, but they already found seats for everyone. Upon landing in FRA, I asked my friend who did get an op-up: SEN, those NH*Gs and... Y/B fare passengers. Is it fair? Well, perhaps no (because I travel more often with LH than those one-timers with Y/B tickets); perhaps yes (I paid for V class, and they paid 3 times more for Y/B class). Would this stop me from flying LH? Don't think so, because on another flight, which was overbooked by 2 passengers in M, I did get an op-up, even though those 2 passengers did not show up for boarding, thus delaying the flight by ca. 40 minutes. LH could have easily moved me back to my M seat; instead, I enjoyed a C class cabin with 10 out of 60 possible seats occupied.

When I get op-up, I feel happy, but try my best not to brag about it so that not to irritate those have paid for the same class of service I receive for free.
Old Feb 19, 10, 3:07 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by olm022 View Post
How would (s)he feel about Lufthansa prioritizing you over another customer? While it would not, most probably, stop that other passenger from choosing Lufthansa, why does LH have to treat you better than other customers in the same class of travel? Why should you get the treatment you have not paid for and those who have not had a chance to take advantage of this technical glitch should not?
Simply because it was a technical glitch
Some people are gaining at the lottery, others aren't
Old Feb 19, 10, 3:10 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by demue View Post
Now you can go off on the superiority attitude of HONs. Knock yourself out.
He surely can

Search this Thread