Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A nice, but possibly accidental, surprise!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Reply to everyone

Last edited by hifly15; Jun 2, 2016 at 8:22 am
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by hifly15
My point was that the crew were so defensive about who gets what, that they would, and you to, rather let a few perfectly normal meals get thrown away for waste.
what you don't seem to grasp is that you actually didn't have a C BP, hence were sitting in Y and in Y one doesn't get fruit salad. more often than not, if the crew would have given out this meals, some people who witness such actions will complain. you might not like it, (i certainly couldn't care less who gets what as long as i get the service i paid for) but thats the way it is.
besides, where does it end? passing on meal from F to C pax, or C pax to Y pax because they are leftover? there is a reason why this is not happening, i'm sure you understand if you think for a minute...

I hate disillusioned people like you, who think just because you have a card labelled "Senator" on it, you are superior to everybody else. You will soon come to realise that the earth doesn't revolve around you.
for the record, my card doesn't say "senator", and even if, people who know me know that i'm not the card-flashing type, quiet the opposite actually. but i fail to see what makes you think that i think i'm superior!

YOU complained about something without reason, and i said i don't like that kind of behaviour, no matter if it comes from a non status pax, a FTL/SEN/HON or whoever.

The people who get op-ups get the service the other C pax get, but they might have payed the cheapest economy ticket. Why arn't you all complaining about that! I only complained about the crew throwing away good meals.
nobody is jealous if you get an op-up, but that doesn't mean that everybody is ok with you complaining for no reason...

Originally Posted by demue
Now you can go off on the superiority attitude of HONs. Knock yourself out.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sentom
what you don't seem to grasp is that you actually didn't have a C BP, hence were sitting in Y and in Y one doesn't get fruit salad. more often than not, if the crew would have given out this meals, some people who witness such actions will complain.
How would the people in Y know that we didn't pay for a C ticket? On my flight to Hamburg, a bunch of kids whos flight had been cancelled were all sitting in C, and the crew handed out all the C meals to Senators and Hon Circle members who were sitting in Y. Surely one would be more likely to complain about that!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A gentle reminder to keep things cool.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, KLM, IB
Originally Posted by olm022
I asked my friend who did get an op-up: SEN, those NH*Gs and... Y/B fare passengers.
Upgrades are not possible in the case of especially favourable offers (S, W, U on intercontinental flights, and E, L, T on european flights). I always thought that this would be the policiy also for op-upgs for SEN and FQT, and in all the other booking classes they would go status paxs first. But olm022 had a ticket in V. That means for op-upgs they follow first the booking class hierarchy and only than the FQT-tier? Is there some clear rule?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
I don't think my example sets any specific rule. The rule you quote describes situations when a passenger voluntarily wants to upgrade the ticket using the miles/vouchers. In case then LH overbooks the flight and needs to upgrade the passengers not because they (passengers) want to be upgraded but because LH needs to do so in order to accommodate all passengers on a particular flight, the rules you mention won't apply. I am sure if HON has a U-fare ticket and the flight is overbooked, this HON will score an op-up before any other Y/B-fare non-status passenger does. I personally had S-fare bucket ticket and was upgraded on an overbooked flight.
In stations, where LH flights are are handled by LH, my experience sets the following order of upgrades on a LH flight (this is also confirmed by my liaisons in LH): HON-->SEN-->FTL-->*G-->Y/B-->*S-->the rest. In stations, where LH flights are handled by contracted agencies, the order seems to be set in such way: HON-->SEN+*G-->Y/B-->FTL+*S (at least in KIX, where LH is handled by NH, I have never scored an upgrade; in NRT where LH handles its flights on its own, I had 2 out of 3 flights upgraded; in FRA: 9/10). But needless to say, gate/check-in agents can always do their own magic typings.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
i couldn't care less where you sit, its never going to affect me, since i will have those seats long before check in starts! your "secret" perk is likely to be a thing of the past soon, since you posted it here so proudly. i simply hate your type of behaviour of getting more than you are entitled to, and complain that you didn't get more... way to go... NOT!
I don't think the OP was expecting something and was quite happy with what he got. But it would surprise me as well that if (for whatever reason) I am seated in C I wouldn't get C service. LH is of course totally within their right to not offer C service to op uped pax it just looks a bit strange.

But we shouldn't give LH any ideas, otherwise an op up in the future will be seat only without the rest of the service.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
But it would surprise me as well that if (for whatever reason) I am seated in C I wouldn't get C service.
you are not sitting in C if you don't have a C BP! the position of the divider doesn't really matter. i had numerous flights on OS and LH where i was sitting in front of the divider (because it wasn't changed for whatever reason), where i was always instructed by FAs before take off that it is the Y cabin and not the C cabin. this is what most probably happened, nothing else, there was no op-up. so definitely no reason to complain about not getting C food...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
you are not sitting in C if you don't have a C BP! the position of the divider doesn't really matter. i had numerous flights on OS and LH where i was sitting in front of the divider (because it wasn't changed for whatever reason), where i was always instructed by FAs before take off that it is the Y cabin and not the C cabin. this is what most probably happened, nothing else, there was no op-up. so definitely no reason to complain about not getting C food...
Good crews would, to ensure there was no confusion, simply move the divider. I have seen this done on a few occasions myself...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

In my case we were treated exactly like the other C pax (we were offered magazines, towel, chocolate, better drinks service with glasses etc), but just didnt get the meal. The crew didnt say to us we were still in Y, or treat us like Y pax at all. When I saw the spare meals, I only saw two. So another possibility could be that they were short of a meal, so it would be unfair to offer it to two of us and skip the other. So the crew could have known of our coming, and it wasnt a "technical glitch"
The experience definately wasnt as how you describe a previous flight of yours above. But we didnt have C boarding passes

Originally Posted by larsll
Good crews would, to ensure there was no confusion, simply move the divider. I have seen this done on a few occasions myself...
This is why Im guessing it could have been some sort of op-up, since they could easily have moved the divider just one row backwards!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:03 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
the position of the divider doesn't really matter
if C BP holder's people are switching seats, crew has to be very attentive to recognize the real C pax
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Fair enough. But I didn't think the OP was complaining. Just wondering. Otherwise the thread wouldn't have been be called "A nice [...] surprise!" but rather "LH op ups suck big time".
Old Feb 20, 2010, 3:46 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Fair enough. But I didn't think the OP was complaining. Just wondering. Otherwise the thread wouldn't have been be called "A nice [...] surprise!" but rather "LH op ups suck big time".
+1 ^
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:40 pm

Now, would you like to comment on why you came back three months later and deleted a few posts, including the OP? I guess this will remain a rhetorical question, since you could already have explained that yesterday, instead of posting five points...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.