PEK lufthansa shopping center

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:40 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
PEK lufthansa shopping center

Hi all,

Driving back from the hotel to the airport last weekend in PEK, we passed by a building that had the following display: "Lufthansa Shopping Center". And no I didn't imagine it as 5 seconds later there was a nice yellow vertical sign with the LH crane on it...

i was wondering if anyone has ever been inside? if so what type of stores do they have? are there any of those in the EU? Lastly do HON's, SEN's and FTL's get benefits? (of course I had to ask )

MR and shopping in PEK anyone?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by synd
Hi all,

Driving back from the hotel to the airport last weekend in PEK, we passed by a building that had the following display: "Lufthansa Shopping Center". And no I didn't imagine it as 5 seconds later there was a nice yellow vertical sign with the LH crane on it...

i was wondering if anyone has ever been inside? if so what type of stores do they have? are there any of those in the EU? Lastly do HON's, SEN's and FTL's get benefits? (of course I had to ask )

MR and shopping in PEK anyone?
How did we manage without Google???... well they may have to in PEK.

Rodeo Drive of Beijing
Next door to Kempinski Hotel
Lufthansa Friendship Shopping Center

And finally...
Lonely Planet review

The gigantic Lufthansa Center was the first Western-style mall to appear in Běijīng. It's looking its age a bit now, but is still a reliable, if pricey, source of upmarket Western clothing and cosmetics and is especially good for sports gear.
Sounds a bit like its namesake...
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synd
Hi all,

There is a good German pub with some outside seating in the summer.
HON/SEN/FTL benefit? Well, there is a Lufthansa ticketing office
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
That has been there a long time now. I remember spending a summer in Beijing while in college in the late 20th century. Some of my friends and I would hang out there on occasion because it was a truly first world retreat in what was then a hectic, chaotic, not-quite-first-world city. There was a Paulaner Brauhaus, a Kempinski, a shopping center, an Italian restaurant, and a western clinic with western doctors and western medicines.

It sure brings back memories!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:29 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
It sure brings back memories!
But nowadays, it is nothing special ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.