FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa Have Not Charged My Credit Card For Flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1044211-lufthansa-have-not-charged-my-credit-card-flights.html)

Money-girl Mar 31, 2011 4:26 am

hello

Thank you guys. The money has been taken from my credit card. So all is good and I am calm now. However, I will be calling the airlines (the tickets consist of 2 routes including 3 different airlines) just before departure to make sure they have me in the list ;)
Thank guys ^

abhilife2001 Apr 1, 2011 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Money-girl (Post 16133395)
Thank you guys. The money has been taken from my credit card. So all is good and I am calm now. However, I will be calling the airlines (the tickets consist of 2 routes including 3 different airlines) just before departure to make sure they have me in the list ;)
Thank guys ^

good to hear :)

ATM May 5, 2011 4:27 pm

I booked tickets for my 6 and 8 year old kids for unaccompanied minor service to Turkey directly from Lufthansa reservations yesterday. We usually fly Delta or AF to Turkey, but my wife and I can't go this year and Lufthansa was the best option for our kids to visit their grandparents for a few weeks. I received a confirmation email while on the phone, but it didn't have any payment info (I asked to pay for the unaccompanied minor service as well as the tickets). I checked my AMEX online today and didn't see the pending charge. I can see the e ticket numbers on the Lufthansa site and checkmytrip. Seems strange that any airline wouldn't process payment ASAP to me. From what I've read here it seems like this shouldn't be a problem, but wondered when i should worry if I don't see the charge show up on my AMEX? I don't want to get to the airport and have this become an issue.

abhilife2001 May 6, 2011 3:17 am

Originally Posted by ATM (Post 16335346)
I booked tickets for my 6 and 8 year old kids for unaccompanied minor service to Turkey directly from Lufthansa reservations yesterday. We usually fly Delta or AF to Turkey, but my wife and I can't go this year and Lufthansa was the best option for our kids to visit their grandparents in for a few weeks. I received a confirmation email while on the phone, but it didn't have any payment info (I asked to pay for the unaccompanied minor service as well as the tickets). I checked my AMEX online today and didn't see the pending charge. I can see the e ticket numbers on the Lufthansa site and checkmytrip. Seems strange that any airline wouldn't process payment ASAP to me. From what I've read here it seems like this shouldn't be a problem, but wondered when i should worry if I don't see the charge show up on my AMEX? I don't want to get to the airport and have this become an issue.

as others have said and experienced, if you have a eticket and pnr and able to see it both on LH and checkmytrip u will be fine ..

danielonn May 6, 2011 5:30 pm

I just booked LH

I just booked a ticket with LH via Expedia and on my confirmation there is a Ticket Number as well as the Passenger Record Locator Info.

Let me give you some advice here. Having booked a lot of tickets online and if I see a problem I call the airline right away so I won't be surprised at check in. If you knowingly see that your card was not charged why don't you call LH Web support and sort it out now? I would hate for you to show up at the desk and pay the fully refundable fare which is way more than you booked it for.

In many cases your ticket becomes invalid if there is no payment info on the website. Their credit card processing system could be down or there is some tech issues with it. Computers make mistakes.

Please do the honest thing and tell LH your predicament. Its not fare that you would be getting a free ticket and others had to pay the amount you did. Clearly you have the funds to pay for the non refundable ticket.

Remember good Karma? If you do something good to help LH they may help you in a time of need like if your flight is delayed or cancelled or you need a special request fulfilled.

Good Luck (Guten Gluck) to you.

sinus May 7, 2011 1:40 am

Originally Posted by ATM (Post 16335346)
I can see the e ticket numbers on the Lufthansa site and checkmytrip.

How about http://eitr.amadeusasia.com/index.aspx ?

Usually when etkt is issued directly by LH, you can see there full document with payment info. Just curious what will be there if cc was not charged.

SmilingBoy May 7, 2011 1:59 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 16341370)
If you knowingly see that your card was not charged why don't you call LH Web support and sort it out now?

I don't agree as ATM already started worrying one day after booking. This is just insane. Just wait a week or two (unless your flight is just days away).

Just because someone's ticket at some point got cancelled because there was no payment does not mean that everyone should panic if the fare is not charged to the card immediately at booking.

If the e-ticket numbers are visible for every segment, don't worry. But even those can take a day or two. If two weeks later, the payment was not taken from the card, you can maybe give a call to the airline.

I just checked my last two Expedia bookings for LH tickets - they were charged to my Amex three and one day after booking, respectively. The Expedia ticket service charge was in both cases charged one day after booking.

ATM May 7, 2011 6:00 am

Originally Posted by sinus (Post 16342827)
How about http://eitr.amadeusasia.com/index.aspx ?

Usually when etkt is issued directly by LH, you can see there full document with payment info. Just curious what will be there if cc was not charged.

Initially LH only emailed me an itinerary without ticket numbers and when I called back the next day the phone representative couldn't either. The document the 2nd phone rep sent only had a price if ticket on the date of my original call which I thought was strange, but also added the ticket numbers.

On the Amadeus link the cc payment and ticket numbers show up. I asked to prepay for the unaccompanied minor service rather than wait until the airport and recall that took the reservation representative awhile to process while on the phone. I still don't have any receipt for that, but don't expect one until my card is actually charged. I'll post an update when the card payment gets processed.

ATM May 9, 2011 8:16 am

The ticket charges did show up today on my recent AMEX transactions this morning, dated the same as the transaction date last week. Still nothing for the unaccompanied minor fee that I asked to prepay at the same time.

SmilingBoy May 10, 2011 2:45 am

Originally Posted by ATM (Post 16353104)
The ticket charges did show up today on my recent AMEX transactions this morning, dated the same as the transaction date last week.

Told ya. Just 4 days, and that with a weekend inbetween. Don't really see the problem.

ZUG2007 May 12, 2011 12:08 am

6 weeks waiting for the LH charged in my credit card a ticket upgrade

Hi everyone,

I was just reading these forum and what dou you think:

I got a ticket in LH website (Switzerland ) for a eco ticket to LAX, them these charged I saw a few days later in my credit card, so on the first week of april I called LH and asking for to upgrade my ticket from eco to busines class just the ZRH-FRAN-LAX, the person after a few minutes he give the the fare diferent that I have to pay and I give to him again my credit card detail for the charged fare diferent from Eco to Business, everything fine, I got a email confirmation, etc. I saw in miles&more account that my flight and ticket is confirm, also LH website but untill today LH dont charged my any....!

I also called my credirt card compamy and they say that they did not see any charged from LH even a pending charged or request.

If I am in the LH web site, miles&more website, say that everything is confirm, I have e-tiket number confirm. and If I got to the checkmytrip say :

Please note that detailed e-ticket information might not be available for some or all of the displayed lines; please contact your Travel Agent for further information.

but also say:
Issuing Airline: LH
Ticket status: e-ticket processed 19MAR11

plus my e-ticket number with 13 digit beging with 220-

so, What do you think ? My fligth will be on the 02 june, Do you think that I will have problems at the Airport, why in all web sites say that everything is confirm, I have e-ticket, seat confirmation but the CHARGE IS NOT UNTILL TODAY IN MY CREDIT CARD.

Any reply or info

ZUG2007 May 12, 2011 1:01 am

I just few minutes ago I called LH regarding these topic charged and the person check for me my booking and he reconfirm that I am in business class with a paid ticket and I spoke to him that in amadeus sistem say that I am in economy class and not in business class and he reply to me at the phone:" Sr, dont be worry what amadeus sistem say, the true is that I see in my LH sistem " and I will send you again to your email a confirmaction for all that "

So, I dont know what happening or how LH charged to me but the true is that I dont see any charged untill today.

ZUG2007 May 13, 2011 12:55 am

still not charges in my credit card

Hi everyone,

what dou you think?

I got a ticket in LH website (Switzerland ) for a eco ticket to LAX, them these charged I saw a few days later in my credit card, so on the first week of april I called LH and asking for to upgrade my ticket from eco to busines class just the ZRH-FRAN-LAX, the person after a few minutes he give the the fare diferent that I have to pay and I give to him again my credit card detail for the charged fare diferent from Eco to Business, everything fine, I got a email confirmation, etc. I saw in miles&more account that my flight and ticket is confirm, also LH website but untill today LH dont charged my any....!

I also called my credirt card compamy and they say that they did not see any charged from LH even a pending charged or request.

If I am in the LH web site, miles&more website, say that everything is confirm, I have e-tiket number confirm. and If I got to the checkmytrip say :

Please note that detailed e-ticket information might not be available for some or all of the displayed lines; please contact your Travel Agent for further information.

but also say:
Issuing Airline: LH
Ticket status: e-ticket processed 19MAR11

plus my e-ticket number with 13 digit beging with 220-

so, What do you think ? My fligth will be on the 02 june, Do you think that I will have problems at the Airport, why in all web sites say that everything is confirm, I have e-ticket, seat confirmation but the CHARGE IS NOT UNTILL TODAY IN MY CREDIT CARD.

Any reply or info

amrom May 13, 2011 2:19 am

I think you should take a look at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...d-flights.html

It will probably be merged by a mod soon anyways.

UPDATE: Ive just seen that you have already posted this in that thread....

pgrmb04 Sep 24, 2013 11:34 am

I haven't been charged for my flight??

A week ago I purchased a flight on Lufthansa, directly on the Lufthansa website. Upon clicking "confirm purchase", my purchase didn't go through and the system said it was due to my credit card not being processed. Apparently the purchase set off my fraud alert system so the card was declined. I tried again 5 minutes later, and the purchase went through. I received my confirmation email of the purchase, showing my xx'd out credit card number, ticket number, and reservation number. When I logged into my credit card account, the purchase amount was in the 'Pending' column.

Yesterday, I logged in to my credit card account, and the purchase was not there, the money was never charged to me. Panicked, I called Lufthansa and gave them my ticket number. They confirmed my ticket and said I am on the flight, and that the flight has been paid for. The lady on the phone said "It shows your card was first declined, but then the purchase went through. The money has been collected and your ticket is paid for and you are confirmed." I'm confused as to why then the purchase disappeared from my Pending transactions and I haven't been charged? Has this happened to anyone before?