xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hugolover
What did the LU code do?
Whoops, I seem to have misplaced the screenshot and can't find it. Anyway, for Luxembourg it said to use the promo code "xxxxxxxxxxxx". Clearly someone had forgotten to update the placeholder with an actual code.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:10 am

The 25 miles promotion miles seem to finally have been credited for me. In the M&M account page, flights have been backfilled with an additional entry of "25 years Airline Promotion". The amounts are the remaining 19 miles per euro, added to the default 6. Except that out of the 6 qualifying flights I had, I've only been credited 5 of them. One big one is missing, so I have to now write to M&M and hope they actually do something about it...
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
My understanding of the T&C is that you should receive 25 additional miles per EUR, not 25 miles in total (4 or 6 regular + 21 or 19 additional):

The additional award miles to be earned are calculated independently of the frequent flyer status according to the fare in euros multiplied by a factor of 25.
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am not sure how much of a spend miles "promotion" the new Early Bird offer is, or if it counts as being part of the standard offers. But I was having a look at awards to SIN, BKK and HKG for the Autumn, and from late October I found loads of availability for award tickets for 30,000 miles round trip. I almost booked SIN for three people including myself, until I suddenly noticed the taxes: €498!!!! Hong Kong was similar and BKK was €465. A paid ticket for similar nonstop itineraries was between €550 and €750, depending on the destination. So what is the point of using miles if I can buy a paid round trip earning a handful of miles and two segments for €100-150 more??

It's a real shame, because this could be an intelligent way for Lufthansa to offload some liability by encouraging people to redeem miles in Economy. I certainly would, if the taxes were not more than about €250. But for me, there's a certain arrogance at such pricing, that just makes me think there is no point whatsoever using the miles for long haul flights any more. I will buy a revenue Skyteam ticket, continue my Plat requalification there (and effectively take my business elsewhere) and use M&M miles for hopping around Asia, often a very good deal depending on the route and class.
Grog likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by Concerto
I am not sure how much of a spend miles "promotion" the new Early Bird offer is, or if it counts as being part of the standard offers. But I was having a look at awards to SIN, BKK and HKG for the Autumn, and from late October I found loads of availability for award tickets for 30,000 miles round trip. I almost booked SIN for three people including myself, until I suddenly noticed the taxes: €498!!!! Hong Kong was similar and BKK was €465. A paid ticket for similar nonstop itineraries was between €550 and €750, depending on the destination. So what is the point of using miles if I can buy a paid round trip earning a handful of miles and two segments for €100-150 more??

It's a real shame, because this could be an intelligent way for Lufthansa to offload some liability by encouraging people to redeem miles in Economy. I certainly would, if the taxes were not more than about €250. But for me, there's a certain arrogance at such pricing, that just makes me think there is no point whatsoever using the miles for long haul flights any more. I will buy a revenue Skyteam ticket, continue my Plat requalification there (and effectively take my business elsewhere) and use M&M miles for hopping around Asia, often a very good deal depending on the route and class.
Welcome to the World of Miles&More and the Fuel Surcharge Scam on „free” Tickets. This is not new. But be aware: Other airlines are quite similar. Redeem miles only in premium classes or routes with very expensive prices. Eco-redemptions are a scam.
Concerto, Grog, more4less and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Totally agree. But it might be an idea to prod them into understanding it could be in their interest to get people to offload their miles on economy redemptions. I mean, nothing more than a morlock is going to spend his miles on an economy ticket with taxes like that. But on the other hand, most people are not very smart about this sort of thing, which is good for us. But if nobody uses the offers, then M&M will eventually get the message.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Concerto
Totally agree. But it might be an idea to prod them into understanding it could be in their interest to get people to offload their miles on economy redemptions. I mean, nothing more than a morlock is going to spend his miles on an economy ticket with taxes like that. But on the other hand, most people are not very smart about this sort of thing, which is good for us. But if nobody uses the offers, then M&M will eventually get the message.
This is a separate discussion, but there are plenty of good opportunities to offload m&m miles on economy tickets. To the US for example, SK tix taxes are low. Or any intra-US ticket has low taxes anyway.
Personally I use them for short term intra-EU tickets which can get very expensive and sometimes don't even include checked luggage.
You need to invest a bit of time reading on the forums, but as mentioned, there are plenty of good opportunities.

And also, this is not the correct thread to discuss these things
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:47 am

Finally, the last flight of my 25 M&M promo special got credited. They sure like to take their time.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Finally, the last flight of my 25 M&M promo special got credited. They sure like to take their time.
when did you fly?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by romans
when did you fly?
This flight was 5 months ago. The rest of the flights around that same time got credited at the end of February, but this one slipped by them for some reason and I had to complain.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
But it was a great promo. I made 300k extra with it.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:11 am

And now that it's over, it just reminds us of the miserable state the program is in. What a pittance we get for miles.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
And now that it's over, it just reminds us of the miserable state the program is in. What a pittance we get for miles.

Think about those that were not entitled for this promo....

I "Worked" so hard to get my miles, and then they just give away such a high amount of miles to only portion of their customers...
more4less likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I still don’t have mine and they’re not responding to my emails. I’m owed 150k!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
just wondering ....the targeted miles campaign, winter flying time -- or spring flying time...are actually nice... but are there any other interesting and significant M&M promotions active ?? (beside hotel and car rentals ?)
cannot see much promotions going around here or is it just me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.