Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Destination: miles

Originally Posted by irishguy28
(Received by email - targetted offer requiring registration)

Dear XXX,

Your next destination: miles! You can earn XXX extra award miles just by taking part in this promotion.

You will earn these if you accrue at least XXX status miles* between 1 September and 31 October 2011 on flights operated by Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa or SWISS.

Simply register here for our ‘Destination Miles’ promotion. Once you reach your personal mileage target, you will receive your additional award miles as a one-time credit approximately four weeks after the promotion finishes.
Has anyone received the miles for the above promo? Nothing here. I was targeted, registered for it and got 14,204 status miles with LH & OS in October (my milestone was 13,000).

5 weeks have now passed since the deadline. Unless the bonus 25% FTL miles are not status enough, I wonder what the problem is...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by josmon10
Has anyone received the miles for the above promo? Nothing here. I was targeted, registered for it and got 14,204 status miles with LH & OS in October (my milestone was 13,000).

5 weeks have now passed since the deadline. Unless the bonus 25% FTL miles are not status enough, I wonder what the problem is...
The exec bonus doesn't count. I didn't read the fine print either last year. Had a 31.000 target and thought I had made it. But without the exec bonus I really only had 30.948. Missed it by 52 miles.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
The exec bonus doesn't count. I didn't read the fine print either last year. Had a 31.000 target and thought I had made it. But without the exec bonus I really only had 30.948. Missed it by 52 miles.
Fine print. Damn you!! I managed to get 14586 miles of my required 14000 but that was with the bonus. I just added up all the status totals for LH/LX flights.

Did anyone get the double status miles that were being targeted?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mcdade
Fine print. Damn you!! I managed to get 14586 miles of my required 14000 but that was with the bonus. I just added up all the status totals for LH/LX flights.
Sorry, I'm just the messenger. The "fine print" warning was also posted on FT in at least one thread (possibly even this one). Just my luck that I found it to late last year. That promotion ran until JAN 31st and I would have had plenty of time to do one cheap segment to somewhere. If had only been aware of my error of thinking.

Some people suggested taht I write a nice letter to LH and go begging. But I didn't do that. Took the 11.000 award mile loss and decided not to do it again.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: LH/LO SEN, AF/KLM Platinum (Lite)
Originally Posted by mcdade

Did anyone get the double status miles that were being targeted?
My treshold was lower this fall (not-requalifying year, so did some flights on awards or using SkyScream), but reached the target and the miles credited as follows:04/11/2011 Destination Miles +6 400
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Aargh, you're right! I just re-read the fine print, which I'm sure I did back in August, but for some reason this escaped me.

In actual fact, I had no other flights in the period I could have done with LH*, but I wish I had been realistic from the start.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by JayPS
the miles credited as follows:04/11/2011 Destination Miles +6 400
For me, too.. although I had only 5000 for 2400 (or so I believe). But good to know that exec bonus doesn't count towards the target.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:00 am
ixs

Programs: Many
'New Year Miles’ promotion

Just received the following:

Take-off in the new year –
with 31,800 extra award miles!

Dear Mr. ixs,

The new year is off to an ideal start - the chance for you to earn 31,800 extra award miles!

You will receive these additional miles if you earn at least 106,000 status miles* between 1 January and 31 March 2012 on flights with Lufthansa, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines or SWISS.

Simply register here for our ‘New Year Miles’ promotion. If you reach your individual mileage target, you will receive the additional award miles as a one-time credit approximately six weeks after the promotion ends.

We look forward to welcoming you on board any of the Miles & More participating airline partners very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Harald Deprosse
Vice President Miles & More
Lufthansa German Airlines
106k Status miles? until the end of March? W T F ? HOW?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
NEW YEAR PROMO TARGETED

The new year is off to an ideal start - the chance for you to earn 1,000 extra award miles!

You will receive these additional miles if you earn at least 2,000 status miles* between 1 January and 31 March 2012 on flights with Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa or SWISS.

Simply register here for our ‘New Year Miles’ promotion. If you reach your individual mileage target, you will receive the additional award miles as a one-time credit approximately six weeks after the promotion ends.

We look forward to welcoming you on board any of the Miles & More participating airline partners very soon.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
New year's target for me: 5.100 award miles for 17.000 status (excl. exec bonus) miles between Jan 1st and Mar 31st.

Quite ambitious a target - 12.000 or even 13.000 status miles shouldn't be a problem, but 17.000?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
I thought 34k status miles is going to be difficult, but hey, 106k ^
Wonder what was your flying pattern this year.
Dear whiskey_sk,

The new year is off to an ideal start - the chance for you to earn 10,200 extra award miles!
You will receive these additional miles if you earn at least 34,000 status miles* between 1 January and 31 March 2012 on flights with ...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:14 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
I thought 34k status miles is going to be difficult, but hey, 106k ^
Wonder what was your flying pattern this year.
My pattern this year was simple: A few European shorthauls between NL and DE. Maybe a max of 30 segments...
About 10k status miles...

I have no idea how they come up with the 106k miles if they are basing this on past performance. If they do look forward however, they'll find three biz tickets to Asia in my name. Booked a few things during the last promos...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by ixs
I have no idea how they come up with the 106k miles if they are basing this on past performance. If they do look forward however, they'll find three biz tickets to Asia in my name. Booked a few things during the last promos...
That might be it! Maybe not all of them are in the given timeframe for the promo, so they think you're going to buy some more
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by bruce80
New year's target for me: 5.100 award miles for 17.000 status (excl. exec bonus) miles between Jan 1st and Mar 31st.

Quite ambitious a target - 12.000 or even 13.000 status miles shouldn't be a problem, but 17.000?
12.300/41.000 for me.....
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
LH is totally uniterested in my business. They neithwr took the time to send me any kind of offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.