Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Note that the miles only come for the fare and the fuel, sorry 'international' surcharge...
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I would imagine that by far the largest part of a 8k EUR ticket would be fare + YQ.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think LH is just confirming that the miles are almost utterly worthless, except maybe for long haul destination in premium cabins. It doesn’t matter how many they give out, most people won’t spend them. The number of people I know who have just let their miles lapse is amazing. The general perception is that they’re just not worth the hassle of chasing up and looking after, and I find myself agreeing with them. Good for us maybe, but I looked at a possible redemption out of Moscow, not really a one way, but a sort of open jaw to GVA, going ‘back’ to DUS. Taxes were EUR150, and a paid ticket EUR250. So naturally I took a paid ticket. Time was that unusual itineraries in and out of Eastern Europe could provide real value with the miles, but no longer.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
On the contrary, the miles are worth a lot now - at least the ones you still have as well as the ones you are getting for flights booked prior to 12.03.2018.
For most people flying on LH Group the award miles to be received for their tickets are drastically reduced, and they will certainly be enticed by this promotion. My schedule is already completely full, otherwise I'd certainly feel inclined to book a few trips.
Regarding your example of the 'bad' value of a redemption compared to a paid ticket, it fully depends on the situation. I agree that in your case it does not make a lot of sense, but if it were very short notice prices can go through the roof and then the miles can come in handy. As with all mileage programs, one has to do a bit of studying before actually using them. I'm a BA Gold by accident and had to read through the whole thread in order to somehow feel at ease by what Avios I was spending (christ, what a puzzle!). Same goes for M&M.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
  • This promotion only applies to members with residence in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
This makes it useless to me.
Why do they yet again limit a useful promo to people living in just DE, AT and CH? This means that anyone who might be enticed to consider M&M from other places or programs will be excluded, as anyone in those 3 countries is likely to have M&M as their main program already.

So they only offer the program to people who already essentially locked into M&M. Great marketing concept there!
more4less likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:32 am

Not much fun in Belgium either - I don't have a real choice but to use M&M and I'm not even given access to these promotions
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
I am just sitting in the MUC SEN lounge and seeing this offer on the screen ... wow ... I need to book a ticket for November and was going to force it really hard on UA ticket stock for 11x miles ... but 25x? That's something to consider. Already have all my status for the year .... hmmm .... this will be a 8k ticket .... that's a LOT of miles. No cap? That's 200k miles ... tempting ... very tempting.
I looked everywhere for the cap and couldn't find it, which is indeed quite surprising. I had no plans to requalify this year but I guess I will do a MR to profit from this one (and requalify in the process).

Last edited by mmff; Sep 2, 2018 at 11:43 am
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by goliath
It's actually an additional 25 miles per Euro. So that's 29/30/31 miles per Euro depending on your M&M status or 232k/240k/248k miles for a ticket "worth" 8k EUR.
man you are rubbing it in. Now I need to open a M&M account w/ my address in Germany and buy that ticket as a 220 ticket. Can't pass up that many miles. Add in some meilenschnaeppchen and this should work out nicely.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by The Wolf
On the contrary, the miles are worth a lot now - at least the ones you still have as well as the ones you are getting for flights booked prior to 12.03.2018.
For most people flying on LH Group the award miles to be received for their tickets are drastically reduced, and they will certainly be enticed by this promotion. My schedule is already completely full, otherwise I'd certainly feel inclined to book a few trips.
Regarding your example of the 'bad' value of a redemption compared to a paid ticket, it fully depends on the situation. I agree that in your case it does not make a lot of sense, but if it were very short notice prices can go through the roof and then the miles can come in handy. As with all mileage programs, one has to do a bit of studying before actually using them. I'm a BA Gold by accident and had to read through the whole thread in order to somehow feel at ease by what Avios I was spending (christ, what a puzzle!). Same goes for M&M.
You are right, of course, and I appreciate your input. It inspires me to keep on with this, as the rewards have really made it worthwhile so far. Concerning getting an award ticket at the last minute I have found, on other programmes (BA, AF) that availability can really dry up, so if I know I really have to travel I make sure I get myself booked in advance. Leaving Moscow next week, I actually booked a paid one way to DUS on S7 which came in at about EUR107 which seemed a very good deal. Also, I used miles for a trip to Dubai at the end of the month because the times were ideal and prices were really high. Given that the award ticket can be changed and refunded, I calculated the value of my ticket on my dates of travel to be EUR1,609.
The Wolf likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:10 am

It's that time of the year again and I'm looking for a way to get a few miles for my Economist renewal. Unfortunately, the link(s) below do not seem to work anymore and the best I see in my M&M page is 3.8k for EUR 280.

Does anyone have a link with a better offer? NewbieRunner?

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Here is a page linked from M&M's UK website but well hidden:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000243

Earn up to 11,400 award miles for a 1 year Print + Digital subscription for £179
Or 8,700 award miles for print or digital only for £145
Valid from 1 September until 30 November 2017

The actual subscription page is difficult to load
https://subscription.economist.com/O...-and-More/Trpl
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M India has some ads fro 18k and 9k miles for Economist, but the links don't work.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmff
It's that time of the year again and I'm looking for a way to get a few miles for my Economist renewal. Unfortunately, the link(s) below do not seem to work anymore and the best I see in my M&M page is 3.8k for EUR 280.

Does anyone have a link with a better offer? NewbieRunner?
I've seen the following on M&M's UK website a few times but every time I clicked the "To the offer" button I got an error message that the page did not exist.

I just checked again and found this which I have not seen before. (Click The Economist logo on the front page.)

12,000 miles for £179 sounds a little better than the previous offer. Digital or print only subscriptions cost £145 but only give 9,600 miles. I've checked a few other countries but couldn't find a similar offer.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
The avios deals for the Economist are better IMO.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Raffles' HFP site has a mention of the Economist today. The offer should be good to go now. You might get a better deal trying a UK VPN, but I agree that the Avios deals tend to be better generally.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
M&M India has some ads fro 18k and 9k miles for Economist, but the links don't work.
Thanks! I pinged the Lurkers about it, hopefully they can get the link fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.