Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:26 pm

The 100-mile promotion for reviews at HolidayCheck.com also for September 2 - October 6 includes drawings into a giveaway for 5 different trips. If it would be worth the 1000 miles per month anyways, may as well jump in and try to win the trips as well!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Don't you get piles more miles if you credit to airberlin? I did one back in July, and got 300 miles, which is a lot better. Might have just been a temporary offer, though.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:21 am

From their website its 150 for AirBerlin compared to 100 for LH, and the redemptions on AirBerlin start WAY lower (7500 w/in Germany/Austria/Spain, or 3000 on promotional TopDeal offers). Figured it was worth bringing up here too, though, as for some 100 LH miles will hold more value.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Stephen L.
From their website its 150 for AirBerlin compared to 100 for LH, and the redemptions on AirBerlin start WAY lower (7500 w/in Germany/Austria/Spain, or 3000 on promotional TopDeal offers). Figured it was worth bringing up here too, though, as for some 100 LH miles will hold more value.
120 LH miles per review
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jms_uk
120 LH miles per review
Ah ha... so with just 150 reviews I could pay the "taxes and fees" on my M&M redemption ticket! So if I consider that a non-redemption (revenue) ticket can be purchased for 99 EUR, and that each review takes 3 minutes to create (with a break of 15 minutes every four hours)- then the "value" of M&M time is 99 EUR all in per working day or more or less ~12 EUR per hour. This is of course before taking into account I would also have to spend ANOTHER minimum 15000 miles for a redemption ticket. I won't even work that into the math because, well, Huge incentives for all
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Ah ha... so with just 150 reviews I could pay the "taxes and fees" on my M&M redemption ticket! So if I consider that a non-redemption (revenue) ticket can be purchased for 99 EUR, and that each review takes 3 minutes to create (with a break of 15 minutes every four hours)- then the "value" of M&M time is 99 EUR all in per working day or more or less ~12 EUR per hour. This is of course before taking into account I would also have to spend ANOTHER minimum 15000 miles for a redemption ticket. I won't even work that into the math because, well, Huge incentives for all
+1
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:47 am

Ha, indeed. I wont make the argument that it would be worth trying to get a full redemption. On a small-scale thing to top up that last 1200 miles for a reward, though? Worth half an hour of time.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Let's say some people (as my self) are willing to publish travel reviews for free, just for helping others make good travel choices.

the 120 miles is just an incentive to copy my reviews from trip advisor to holiday check. if i allready did the job writing to tripadvisor...iwoulden't mind copy-paste to holiday check to get 120 miles.

and by the way..i can make another calculation:
45,000 miles needed TLV-Europe J. that means 375 reviews. you say it's 3 min to make a review so 20 reviews an hours = 19 hours. price of J ticket TLV-Europe is approx 1600$, minus tax it's 1,200$...so....19 hours of work is worth 1200$.....63$ per hours....not bad.

the only problem is that holidaycheck sometimes wants conformation for your stay....i bet nobody have 375 of them

by the way..does tripadvisor India has a limit on how many reviews can be published per year to get the 100miles bonus?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:16 pm

120 miles is almost 125 miles, which is what I get for most flights within Europe. Or for any AC Rouge long distance flight, for that matter. Compared to these "earnings", 120 miles for a review is really not that bad.

And if you need just a few more miles to get that coveted reward, empty out your account and be done with M&M, this might be just perfect.

Tripadvisor is no longer offering miles for reviews. That ended in June.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
Tripadvisor is no longer offering miles for reviews. That ended in June.
are you sure?

Trip advisor india still shows "annual offer" (100 miles per review), doesn't show an "end date" for annual offer. just shows an end date to sweepstake 5K miles bonus
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by photographer2012
are you sure?

Trip advisor india still shows "annual offer" (100 miles per review), doesn't show an "end date" for annual offer. just shows an end date to sweepstake 5K miles bonus
No, I am not sure. But I have noticed that they have not credited any miles for my July reviews. And these credit would have been due mid-August.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by sokolov
No, I am not sure. But I have noticed that they have not credited any miles for my July reviews. And these credit would have been due mid-August.
I got credited for reviews with Tripadvisor in Aug.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:16 am

Emailed M&M about the missing miles from July

Does anyone know if Hostel or B&B reviews also count for this promo?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by photographer2012
Emailed M&M about the missing miles from July

Does anyone know if Hostel or B&B reviews also count for this promo?
Yes, they should...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Anyone able to access the game? When clicking the appropriate button, I get a database error after a redirect to
http://www.miles-and-more-worldtour.com/int/en/
It appears to be an issue for a while already, had the same already yesterday afternoon.
I'm actually facing another problem: after every time I log in, I appear to be a randomly chosen someone else (same email and correct pass entered), which makes me quite uncertain if I actually am playing for my own account or that I suddenly fill up for someone else.

This game really seems a mess. I hope their maintenance of aircraft is better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.